Wireless Charing Pads

no, they have different wattage rating.  although most charging rates are also limited by the charging device itself.  also, the connector makes a difference, so if it uses usb-C, in a pinch you can yank it off to charge other devices, as microUSB is pretty much dead end tech

you also probably dont want a charring pad

• Like 1

I have a ton of these  (8, I think) which have lighting connections for this reason.  When my wife's friend comes over with her iphone 5 she can charge it, too.

For an iphone, they either charge at 5W (same as the small brick that came with the phone), or "fast" 7.5W.    Kind of a crapshoot on the manufacturers unless you go with the "higher-end" brand names.

I've seen the non-glass-topped 7.5W ones get really hot, so I stick with glass topped ones. Never had one of those even get warm to the touch. 

Not an android expert but I think some are 5W and the faster ones are 10W.

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

no, they have different wattage rating.  although most charging rates are also limited by the charging device itself.  also, the connector makes a difference, so if it uses usb-C, in a pinch you can yank it off to charge other devices, as microUSB is pretty much dead end tech

you also probably dont want a charring pad

• Like 1