2020 DL Princely Umanmielen

Machinator

Unexpected, but a pleasant surprise. Congrats and welcome, 4i Princely! Add Collins and this is a championship level class on the defensive front.

I assume this is a recruitment the staff will have to stay on top of through NSD though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

https://insidetexas.com/umanmielen-commits-to-texas/

Ian Boyd on the commitment: Umanmielen is a pretty obvious projection to the defensive end position in the Longhorn defense, resembling Texas’ best so far, Charles Omenihu. He’s got the length and frame to grow into someone that can survive inside against the giants that can be found there. Umanmielen also has the quicks to beat OL to a spot or to combo those quicks with his reach to beat stretch or cut blocks against stretch schemes and maintain his gap. As a pass-rusher he projects best as a guy that can use his hands to push the pocket and could become very effective taking inside tracks or stunting across an OL’s face in the blitz package. There’s also a chance he grows into a disruptive nose tackle down the line because he’ll probably play at 300. All in all, exactly the sort of high upside project that Texas has been looking to stock up on.