The Righteous Gemstones (HBO)

Pancho

Reading now that McBride rewrote a lot of season 2 scripts to account for this time jump since the end of season 1 since COVID ruined their plan to do a Christmas ep to show Gideon coming home from Haiti.  Because we didn't see that or Jesse and Amber reconciling from the hooker scandal.  It just jumped right into them being a happy married couple again and Gideon back at the Gemstone Compound and doing production for the streaming sermons. 

1 hour ago, A-Tex Devil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So Eli killed and disappeared Eric Roberts’ dad, right?

Spoiler

It's probably headed in that direction, they'll probably reveal more as to motivation for Eli to off the dad since he didn't want part of the business.  Seems like they are setting up a more how Eli got his hands dirty arc this season versus just the standard greed and moral corruptness everyone involved possesses.

On 1/11/2022 at 7:37 PM, Gil Bang said:

The sister continues to be the best character by a mile.

Pretty much everything that came out of her mouth when she walked into her dad's house after his night out was gold.

Also, the crusty underpants scene...I might have to file that away to use one day.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Yeah, Judy has been bringing the heat so far this season. 

Am I the only one who doesn't remember shit from last season? 

You can rewatch season 1 in about 5 hours if you power through it.  Worth it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Yeah, Judy has been bringing the heat so far this season. 

Am I the only one who doesn't remember shit from last season? 

Judy definitely catches her stride in the back half of Season 1. She's kind of just there in the first half. 

She's a terrific actress and from Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Hozz said:

Judy is great.  The bye Felicia scene was hilarious.  She is also good in Vice Principals which I think anyone who enjoys this would like that and there is a good bit of cast overlap.

That’s such a good show 

On 1/15/2022 at 9:14 AM, Hozz said:

Judy is great.  The bye Felicia scene was hilarious.  She is also good in Vice Principals which I think anyone who enjoys this would like that and there is a good bit of cast overlap.

Same troupe.

16 hours ago, Js1 said:

Shavin your nuts for some other BITCH

that one genuinely got me hard.  judy is absolutely incredible.  at first, i couldn't believe that edi patterson was a texas state grad but now...it kinda makes sense.

an exercise that keeps me swole got me too.

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, sidis said:

that one genuinely got me hard.  judy is absolutely incredible.  at first, i couldn't believe that edi patterson was a texas state grad but now...it kinda makes sense.

an exercise that keeps me swole got me too.

All my Texas State friends can't stop reminding me that they have a good Performing Arts College. Edi Patterson is the first they've been right.