The Righteous Gemstones (HBO)

Pancho

Uncle baby Billy doing the robot to show he wasn't paraplegic was gold. 

That finale seemed like it was set to be series finale.   Where do they go with the season 4 renewal?   I'm in for sure 
I don't know, but a Kelvin/Keefe adoption/surrogate subplot would be great.

1 hour ago, BurgleBro said:

Uncle baby Billy doing the robot to show he wasn't paraplegic was gold. 

That finale seemed like it was set to be series finale.   Where do they go with the season 4 renewal?   I'm in for sure 

Definitely going to be some friction with Gideon being mentored by Eli

• 2 weeks later...

I only started watching this show a couple months ago, and finally watched the last episode of Season 3 last night.  Holy shit, this is one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time.  I was a fan of Eastbound and Down, but the writing and cast for this is 10x better.  Danny McBride is a comedic treasure.

Looking forward to Season 4, and in the meantime I'll binge watch Vice Principals.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, South Austin said:

I only started watching this show a couple months ago, and finally watched the last episode of Season 3 last night.  Holy shit, this is one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time.  I was a fan of Eastbound and Down, but the writing and cast for this is 10x better.  Danny McBride is a comedic treasure.

Looking forward to Season 4, and in the meantime I'll binge watch Vice Principals.

Eastbound and Down is excellent and so is Righteous Gemstones, but they are so different. I feel like there's a lot more room for weird character development with Gemstones, whereas with Eastbound and Down there's an element of "are we actually getting away with saying this on television?" to it. 

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Not an amazing story but figured some people on this thread might appreciate. 

I went to LA last weekend to hang with @henrygandorf and we watched the game at a bar where Texas Exes go. Game started at 4pm PST, we decided to get there around noon to eat lunch and get a good table for rest of our group that would join later. 

The restaurant/bar was pretty much empty when we arrived. There was a dude in a Bama shirt sitting by himself at the bar. HG and I sit at a table, and the Bama guy comes over to talk.  Nice kid, knows football, not a trash talker at all. Grew up in Birmingham and lifelong Tide fan. Probably shot the shit with him for a good 2 hours. Asked him what he does for a living...says he's an actor/producter/writer and just moved to LA about a year ago. That's the story you always hear in LA, so didn't think much of it. 

But later he mentioned that he was on an episode of The Righteous Gemstones. That perked my ears, I took a closer look at him, and was like holy shit! He played young Eli (aka The Maniac Kid)  in Season 2 premiere that started with a long flashback. 

wayne-duvall-jake-kelley.jpg?itok=xELxbx

He was surrounded by Texas fans all night and handled it well when we pulled away for the W. After the game was over he came by our table again and asked for our  numbers so we could text about Texas and Bama as the year goes on.  

*PDT

• Haha 2

• 5 months later...
16 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Catching up on season 3... surprise Sturgill Simpson!

This show needs to totally revamp to be focused on Keefe and Baby Billy. 

Keefe? No

Baby Billy? Absofuckinglutely.

• Hook 'Em 1