The Unicorn

RPM

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone is watching, but it’s exactly what Seinfeld & David thought was wrong with TV.

Every episode literally ends in a fucking hug, or some sentimental clap trap. Every episode is also almost exactly the same, Goggins’ character “Wade” is lost in the single dating world, while somewhat clueless about how to raise his two precocious tween girls, as his way too close circle of friends meddle in everything he does. Wade is always, always with two married couples. This fivesome seemingly spends every waking moment together 

Yet Michaela Watkins has probably found her best role as one of the nosy friends, a pediatrician married to Rob Corddry’s “Forrest”, the Unicorn’s best friend who actually plays a nice, innocently horny guy (as opposed to his usual sleazy, horny guy) who wants to live vicariously thru his buddy’s newfound ability to fuck other women. Speaking of people named Forrest/Forest, there’s an actor who could be Forest Whitaker’s way younger brother playing his other best friend, who’s also married and who’s wisecracking wife is also all up In the Unicorn’s shit. 

How do I know all this? I’ve watched all four episodes, because in spite of the sickening sweetness, there is a kernel of something there: perhaps I’m still fascinated how the same actor can bellow, “Alright, who wants to suck an old man’s dick!” on one channel, and then play a naive family man on another.

It needs to become something more than Wade needs help/a nudge/a shove into the dating world and oh yeah, his daughters, let’s hug it out. Goggins can obviously bring a lot to a role, but the two best characters on the show are played by Watkins and Corddry. Maybe the Unicorn needs to start misbehavin’. 

8 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Not sure if anyone is watching, but it’s exactly what Seinfeld & David thought was wrong with TV.

Every episode literally ends in a fucking hug, or some sentimental clap trap. Every episode is also almost exactly the same, Goggins’ character “Wade” is lost in the single dating world, while somewhat clueless about how to raise his two precocious tween girls, as his way too close circle of friends meddle in everything he does. Wade is always, always with two married couples. This fivesome seemingly spends every waking moment together 

Yet Michaela Watkins has probably found her best role as one of the nosy friends, a pediatrician married to Rob Corddry’s “Forrest”, the Unicorn’s best friend who actually plays a nice, innocently horny guy (as opposed to his usual sleazy, horny guy) who wants to live vicariously thru his buddy’s newfound ability to fuck other women. Speaking of people named Forrest/Forest, there’s an actor who could be Forest Whitaker’s way younger brother playing his other best friend, who’s also married and who’s wisecracking wife is also all up In the Unicorn’s shit. 

How do I know all this? I’ve watched all four episodes, because in spite of the sickening sweetness, there is a kernel of something there: perhaps I’m still fascinated how the same actor can bellow, “Alright, who wants to suck an old man’s dick!” on one channel, and then play a naive family man on another.

It needs to become something more than Wade needs help/a nudge/a shove into the dating world and oh yeah, his daughters, let’s hug it out. Goggins can obviously bring a lot to a role, but the two best characters on the show are played by Watkins and Corddry. Maybe the Unicorn needs to start misbehavin’. 

I've watched all 4 for the same reason.  It's not good, but I can't turn away.  Probably because I can't believe this cast is in something this bland.  I'm pretty sure I saw Googins' character running through the house with a pickle in his mouth though.  

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

S2 Part 2 debuted last night. The writing is really top notch for working within the confines of CBS. If this was on Showtime it would be 50x better, but it would lose nearly all the sweetness. They need to figure out a Ted Lasso balance.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 7:07 PM, Dilligas said:

Just now started this and Im enjoying it, great cast. And his 15 year old daughter is going to be hot as hell in 3 years. 😀

And really like the short episodes.

Wade has a full time girlfriend! Will it last? Is it ok if he bangs her with his daughters in the house? Find out Thursday on CBS!

And Dilligas, are you referring to Daughter #1 or Daughter #2? Because it’s #2 that’s going to be a Alyssa Milano Who’s the Boss style soul crusher before long.

I’ll go ahead and add

1c0ff0.jpg

And holy hell, Milano is 48:years old! 

10 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

And holy hell, Milano is 48:years old! 

That one doesn't hit as hard, since I kind of grew up with her.

But the other day I saw that Alyson Hannigan is 46, and I guess because I didn't really follow her outside of American Pie, because I was like "holy shit, 20 years just passed by?"

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

That one doesn't hit as hard, since I kind of grew up with her.

But the other day I saw that Alyson Hannigan is 46, and I guess because I didn't really follow her outside of American Pie, because I was like "holy shit, 20 years just passed by?"

Do you not “How I Met Your Mother”, bro?