On Becoming a God In Central Florida

RPM

8 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

she doesn't look great, but they intentionally white trashed her up which probably exaggerates it.

Also probably true.  

You can quibble about her looks and her canines and whatnot, but she didn't look 40+ in Bring It On or Suicide Diaries.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

It’s been a long time since a show made me yelp in surprise and laughter and horror like a certain scene did in episode one.

Yeah, that was pretty good. I see that George Clooney and Grant Heslov are EPs. Their stuff is usually high quality. 

• 4 weeks later...

Ernie is one of the best characters I've seen on tv in a while.  Not sure why I've never seen this actor in anything before.  He's awesome.  Cody reminds me so much of Martin Short, and that's to say obnoxious and unlikable.

I agree the show has bogged down the last couple of episodes.  It started out better than it's finishing up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

Ernie is one of the best characters I've seen on tv in a while.  Not sure why I've never seen this actor in anything before.  He's awesome.  Cody reminds me so much of Martin Short, and that's to say obnoxious and unlikable.

I agree the show has bogged down the last couple of episodes.  It started out better than it's finishing up.

Agree with all of this. Kirsten Dunst has been very good in this though. Also, when did her tits get so big? Good god she is not hard to look at. 

Edited by Girdwood

17 hours ago, thrillhammer said:

I'd agree with that.  The wife and I are watching it and really liked it starting out.  It was a fairly accurate look into MLM companies and you sympathized with her plight.  Now it's become some bizarre plot into the MLM guy.  Kind of meh on the show at this point.

While the alligator scene in the first episode was great for the shock value, I think the show made a mistake in killing off Travis so early.

He was the audience’s way to look at the MLM story with sympathy for Travis as a dupe and true believer. Using Cody as our look in isn’t nearly as effective.

I really like the show. Dunst is a much better actress than I'd previously given credit. She surprised me in Fargo and has really stayed at that level. The story is just weird as F, but I kinda like weird.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...