World of Warcraft Classic

immamac

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2019 at 4:45 PM, immamac said:

image.png.50cd2a647897524f75adce098e2a82b4.png

So yeah, about that.

https://kotaku.com/wow-classic-players-are-using-illicit-tools-to-stay-log-1837713891

WoW Classic players have been reporting sightings of people using so-called “auto clicker” programs to automate click and key-press routines so that the game doesn’t log them out when they’re away from their keyboard. That way, they don’t have to leap back into the queue after, say, reassuring their families that they’re alive or ensuring that they stay that way by sleeping. Generally, these players’ characters move in simple, repeating patterns so as to throw offWoW’s detection software. The usage of these sorts of programs to automate multiple actions at once is technically against the rules in both regular WoW and WoW Classic, but these auto clicker programs remain easy to install and use.

But they are at least boosting realm capacity

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/maximum-realm-capacity-increased-28-august/77940

With hotfixes that we are currently deploying to all WoW Classic realms, we are substantially increasing the number of players that can be simultaneously logged in and playing. We expect this to result in smaller queues for realms that have large queues, and some realms should no longer have queues at all.

They appear to be rather surprised that so many like the original.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 9/18/2019 at 4:21 PM, Eggo said:

I was server first druid to level 85 when Cataclysm was released, but got most of my playing time in TBC and Wrath. How are people liking Classic? 

Server first dk here /flex 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Even the thought of getting back into WoW makes me cringe

I'm actually enjoying it because they've made it super easy on casuals now. I generally like playing for flying around listening to the ambient music, mining some ore, and enjoying the level design. I was able to go from 1 to 40 (new level for top speed flying mount) in a week playing about an hour to and hour and a half a day. I know I'll slow down soon and only pick it up once a week or so, but it's good to see they realize their remaining clients are older and have other crap going on. I'm sure the end game stuff though still takes a ton of time, but I'm not worrying about it.

Hearing this again was like a slap back to 2005

Edited by SimonBolivar