immamac

World of Warcraft Classic

Who is going to get nostalgic and play? I just got blizzard to recover my account that I haven't played since 2009! 

I don't think I'm going to pick it back up. I don't think it'll allow me to be 16 years old again staying up all night with real life friends. I think people are really going to miss LFG now that we're used to it.

There's no going back.

3 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

There's no going back.

I went back to UO multiple times.

Then again, UO still looks quite a bit like it's 1997 self.

On 8/26/2019 at 4:45 PM, immamac said:

image.png.50cd2a647897524f75adce098e2a82b4.png

So yeah, about that.

https://kotaku.com/wow-classic-players-are-using-illicit-tools-to-stay-log-1837713891

WoW Classic players have been reporting sightings of people using so-called “auto clicker” programs to automate click and key-press routines so that the game doesn’t log them out when they’re away from their keyboard. That way, they don’t have to leap back into the queue after, say, reassuring their families that they’re alive or ensuring that they stay that way by sleeping. Generally, these players’ characters move in simple, repeating patterns so as to throw offWoW’s detection software. The usage of these sorts of programs to automate multiple actions at once is technically against the rules in both regular WoW and WoW Classic, but these auto clicker programs remain easy to install and use.

But they are at least boosting realm capacity

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/maximum-realm-capacity-increased-28-august/77940

With hotfixes that we are currently deploying to all WoW Classic realms, we are substantially increasing the number of players that can be simultaneously logged in and playing. We expect this to result in smaller queues for realms that have large queues, and some realms should no longer have queues at all.

They appear to be rather surprised that so many like the original.

I was server first druid to level 85 when Cataclysm was released, but got most of my playing time in TBC and Wrath. How are people liking Classic? 

Holy fuck classic is amazing. There only thing that kind of sucks is no summoning stones or made portals

Damn...many late, late nighters going hard in that game. Miss my mage and raiding with a fun group all micd up.