Champions League 2019-2020

maninblack

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:

Group winners : Liverpool , PSG , Barca , Bayern , Valencia , Liepzig , Juventus , and city

Runner-ups : Spurs , Chelsea , Dortmund , Napoli , Lyon , Real..... Atletico/Leverkusen , and Shakhtar/Zagreb

EPL - 4

La Liga - 3 maybe 4

Bund - 3 maybe 4

Serie A - 2

Ligue 1 - 2

Else - 1

11 hours ago, WBT said:

No team outside of the top 5 leagues made the knockout rounds.

EPL - 2 winners, 2 runners up

La Liga - 2 winners, 2 runners up

Bundesliga - 2 winners, 1 runner up

Serie A - 1 winner, 2 runners up

Ligue 1 - 1 winner, 1 runner up

It's really going to set the next round. So many teams can't play other teams because of Group/League rules in the first knockout round.

It's really going to set the next round. So many teams can't play other teams because of Group/League rules in the first knockout round.
Well lets play the elimination game then...

Liverpool: dortmund:real:atletico:atalanta:lyon

Psg: not lyon : not real

Barca:
chelsea:spurs:napoli:atalanta:lyon

Bayern: not spurs : not dortmund

City:
napoli:atletico:dortmund:real:lyon

Juventus:
chelsea:spurs:dortmund:real:lyon

Valencia: spurs:napoli:atalanta:dortmund:lyon

Liepzig: not dortmund : not lyon

3 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Here’s all of the matchups

Borussia Dortmund vs. Paris Saint-Germain

Real Madrid vs. Manchester City

Atalanta vs. Valencia

Atletico Madrid vs. Liverpool

Chelsea vs. Bayern Munich

Lyon vs. Juventus

Tottenham vs. RB Leipzig

Napoli vs. Barcelona

Who I'll be rooting for, the other non-bolded games, I'm not sure I either care or can bring myself to root one way or the other.

• 1 month later...

I am ready for my predictions:

Borussia Dortmund vs. Paris Saint-Germain- tough call but going with the logic choice

Real Madrid vs. Manchester City- RM playing their best football since their victory vs Liverpool in the CL final. Man City playing their worst football under Guardiola.

Atalanta vs. Valencia- Valencia eliminated Ajax, Valencia is playing well in La Liga

Atletico Madrid vs. Liverpool- Liverpool is the best team in the world. I do have to say, Atletico was probably their toughest matchup. 

Chelsea vs. Bayern Munich- going with logic here again but Chelsea can pull it off

Lyon vs. Juventus- see Chelsea vs BM

Tottenham vs. RB Leipzig- Leipzig is 1 point behind Bayern Munich in Bundesliga... that's all I have.

Napoli vs. Barcelona- Barcelona is playing their worst football in the Messi era.... yup... plus no Luis Suarez... no Dembele.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JNip said:

I am ready for my predictions:

Borussia Dortmund vs. Paris Saint-Germain- tough call but going with the logic choice

Real Madrid vs. Manchester City- RM playing their best football since their victory vs Liverpool in the CL final. Man City playing their worst football under Guardiola.

Atalanta vs. Valencia- Valencia eliminated Ajax, Valencia is playing well in La Liga

Atletico Madrid vs. Liverpool- Liverpool is the best team in the world. I do have to say, Atletico was probably their toughest matchup. 

Chelsea vs. Bayern Munich- going with logic here again but Chelsea can pull it off

Lyon vs. Juventus- see Chelsea vs BM

Tottenham vs. RB Leipzig- Leipzig is 1 point behind Bayern Munich in Bundesliga... that's all I have.

Napoli vs. Barcelona- Barcelona is playing their worst football in the Messi era.... yup... plus no Luis Suarez... no Dembele.

what in the world is logical about picking psg to win in the knockout rounds?

Just now, Cheeseweasel said:

France Crying GIF by Paris Saint-Germain

fair.  but he was there last year and they fucking choked a 2-0 lead coming home to a HORRIBLE man u team.  worse then their 5 goal choke against barca.  they have gotten out of the round of 16 one time since 2014 and lost in the round of 16 in all the other seasons...often in humiliating choking fashion.

that said, mbappe is my favorite player to watch.  those games against dortmund should be some high-flying entertainment given what each team brings.

• Like 1

Atalanta vs. Valencia

Lyon vs. Juventus

Tottenham vs. RB Leipzig

Napoli vs. Barcelona

And for the big upset prediction:

Madrid defends stoutly and Pool have trouble scoring with Mane still out/recovering from injury.  It's an unexpectedly low scoring affair that Aleti wins either by 1 goal or by away goals.

7 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Madrid defends stoutly and Pool have trouble scoring with Mane still out/recovering from injury.  It's an unexpectedly low scoring affair that Aleti wins either by 1 goal or by away goals.

FYI - Mane is back.  Guessing he starts and plays ~60 or comes in at the 60th tomorrow.

13 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Atalanta vs. Valencia

Lyon vs. Juventus

Tottenham vs. RB Leipzig

Napoli vs. Barcelona

And for the big upset prediction:

Mane will play tomorrow and Liverpool scored 6 goals in the 2 league games when he was out.