Champions League 2019-2020

maninblack

9 hours ago, Napoleon said:

“Nuestras corazones y almas siempre están en la Mestalia”?

Do you even Valencian, bro?  It's a dialect of Catalan.  

Els nostres cors i animes sempre estan a Mestalla

lona_de_mestalla.jpg

Edited by WBT

man, this psg-dortmund game is bizarre.  you can hear every single grunt from the players and everything the coaches are yelling.  surreal.  neymar just scored a goal.  2-2 overall but psg has an away goal.

mbappe on the bench with a throat infection/coronavirus/aids/ebola.

Edited by sidis

How crazy is it that Liverpool have looked like the best team in Europe all season, but they could clinch the league this weekend and then have 2 months of playing out the string with no games that mean anything?

2 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

Man i would love to get Thomas Partey to Arsenal. He's been awesome. 

Yeah, he's been great.

Ghana and Atlético Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey is delighted facing Liverpool tonight at Anfield.

The Rojiblancos are on Merseyside defending a 1-0 lead for the second-leg of their Champions League round 16 tie.

"Yes (we're ready for Liverpool). As players, it's always nice to play with fans on the field. We are prepared. For me it is a dream. I always watch Liverpool play and it is a dream to play against them in their stadium," Partey said.

"I hope this stays forever with me in my career."

Just now, JNip said:

Bad defending on that second goal. Can't blame it on the GK, not closing the gap is what caused the goal.

No, that one wasn't on the keeper at all.  Give Llorente a huge amount of credit though, bad defending or not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

everyone who had Atlético scoring three raise your hand. 

It feels like they would have been happy with 0-0 but Liverpool forced them to have to score.

Simeone has had some huge CL upsets.  I'd like to see him win one someday.

Atletico under Simeone is the most fucking annoying team to play against in Champions. Somehow Real Madrid is like 4 for 4. 

This Liverpool seemed unstoppable and here we are. Makes you appreciate RM CL x3 a bit more.

28 minutes ago, WBT said:

How crazy is it that Liverpool have looked like the best team in Europe all season, but they could clinch the league this weekend and then have 2 months of playing out the string with no games that mean anything?

Well, that's assuming the season will continue. That would be the most Liverpool of endings if the season is just put on hold.