Champions League 2019-2020

maninblack

10 hours ago, WBT said:

Di Maria should have finished that

I have been aware/following Dí Maria for 13 years now and that was the first time I’ve ever seen him take a shot with his right foot. 

I would have been less surprised with a Rabona shot on goal than that with his right foot. I didn’t know that he could make contact with the ball with his right foot. 

10 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Typical German defending.  Di Maria is having flashbacks to the WC final.

Fideo was injured for the 2014 Final, but the post-match ceremony was hauntingly familiar. 

KATE ABDO revealed a surprisingly thicc body before the match... REALLY THICC...

...but then blew me away as she provided the English translation for Hansi Flick’s postgame interview in German. She’s amazing!

A3217886-FAB9-441B-A047-8DDD46A6C86A.jpeg

5A4F37C6-64E3-45AD-919F-9E5B33AD2E39.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

here's ad-hominem for you: i've seen more than 500 finals since 1985 and 1-0 looks right for this fixture.

This is such an amazing post. Without even getting into the the stupidity of the argument that because you've watched more soccer you have a better opinion than someone else, your claim of "500 finals since 1985" would mean that you've watched more than 14 finals per year, every year.

Let's tally up the numbers.

Since 1985, there have been: 

9 WC finals, 8 European Cup finals (I'm generously assuming the Euro was even available on domestic TV in most of that time period; even in 2004 we had to PPV it), 14 Copa America finals, 11 televised Gold Cup finals, 10 Confederations Cup finals, 18 AFCON finals (again, impressive that you were able to find that 1992 thriller between Cote d'Ivoire and Ghana on TV; even in 2015 I had to go to an Ivorian restaurant in Harlem to watch a pirated stream.)

Assuming you also watched every FA Cup and League Cup final since 1985, that's 70 more, bringing our total to 140. Every Copa Libertadores (35) + every Copa Sudamericana (18) + every MLS Cup final ( 35) + every Copa del Rey (35) is 123 more. So that's 263, just over halfway there!

DFP Pokal (35) + Coupe de France finals (34; the final in 1992, as I'm sure you're aware since you weren't able to watch, was not played due to the collapse at the Furiani Stadium, which killed 18 people) + every Champions League (35) and UEFA Cup/Europa League (35) is another 139. So that's 402.

I'm scratching my head here – what are the other 98 finals you've watched? I guess there's the Women's World Cup, Olympics (men and women), what else? Are you including youth international tournaments? Your kids' tournaments?

• Hook 'Em 1

That was an entertaining game. As I said to the Godson during the game I think Bayern was quite aware that their back line could not withstand repeated attacks from more athletic players. I think they dialed back their own offensive pressure to protect the back. Neuer was fantastic. I'm glad they won but, like others have said there will be some pretty big changes coming soon for Bayern. 

I do wish Neymar was not such a Drama Queen because I think I'd like to see him become a superstar. I think he has that potential but may not be able to overcome the drama he injects into the games.

8 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

That was an entertaining game. As I said to the Godson during the game I think Bayern was quite aware that their back line could not withstand repeated attacks from more athletic players. I think they dialed back their own offensive pressure to protect the back. Neuer was fantastic. I'm glad they won but, like others have said there will be some pretty big changes coming soon for Bayern. 

I do wish Neymar was not such a Drama Queen because I think I'd like to see him become a superstar. I think he has that potential but may not be able to overcome the drama he injects into the games.

i'd prefer he just went away instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Never gonna happen. This is why the guy will never live up to the moment.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

will smith GIF by Carpool Karaoke: The Series on Apple Music

4 minutes ago, sidis said:

i'd prefer he just went away instead.

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

*Roll away with a fake injury

neymar GIF

I did say if he wasn't such a Drama Queen, which I reckon would him changing everything about himself. He's supremely talented but a Jagoff.

3 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I did say if he wasn't such a Drama Queen, which I reckon would him changing everything about himself. He's supremely talented but a Jagoff.

i keep reading this.  and i have been for almost a decade now.  i'm not sure i believe it.

i've never seen him do anything clutch or play up in a big game.  he has zero VY-ness.  he'll do cute shit whenever he's playing against bordeaux or when messi is feeding him softballs but when shit matters, he is not only not great but he actually hurts his team...missing wide open goals and doing stupid shit.  he had as many yellow cards as goals in 585 minutes of champions league knockout this year. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Would you rather have Neymar or Pulisic going forward?

As a player, Pulisic. But as a talent, Neymar.

This isn't hard. I am not a fan of Neymar. I don't root for any Spanish team, or any Latin teams. I root for German teams, after the United States of course. I just think he can be an incredible player, if he wasn't such a jerk. 

1 minute ago, sidis said:

i keep reading this.  and i have been for almost a decade now.  i'm not sure i believe it.

i've never seen him do anything clutch or play up in a big game.  he has zero VY-ness.  he'll do cute shit whenever he's playing against bordeaux or when messi is feeding him softballs but when shit matters, he is not only not great but he actually hurts his team...missing wide open goals and doing stupid shit.  he had as many yellow cards as goals in 585 minutes of champions league knockout this year. 

Because he is a jerk. But I still think he has a lot of talent.

1 hour ago, PittsburghTiger said:

This isn't hard. I am not a fan of Neymar. I don't root for any Spanish team, or any Latin teams. I root for German teams, after the United States of course. I just think he can be an incredible player, if he wasn't such a jerk. 

Wait when did the United States put together a squad?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

Would you rather have Neymar or Pulisic going forward?

4 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

You're nuts. Pulisic as a player and Pulisic as a talent.

First off Pulisic is 21 and Neymar is 28. So right off the bat, you have 7 years alone taking Pulisic. In that time he can develop and maybe be up their with Neymar.

But beyond that, Pulisic plays within his team. I certainly don't see him running off or pissing off his teammates like Neymar does. Pulisic understands the structure of what is being put around him, how to play within it, how to get along with his teammates, etc. It's not really close here.

Most of that is Neymar being a jerk.

As far as not being a big game player, that's just him being such a prima dona. The dude is out there playing for fouls and calls, not for goals and winning.

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

You're nuts. Pulisic as a player and Pulisic as a talent.

First off Pulisic is 21 and Neymar is 28. So right off the bat, you have 7 years alone taking Pulisic. In that time he can develop and maybe be up their with Neymar.

But beyond that, Pulisic plays within his team. I certainly don't see him running off or pissing off his teammates like Neymar does. Pulisic understands the structure of what is being put around him, how to play within it, how to get along with his teammates, etc. It's not really close here.

Most of that is Neymar being a jerk.

As far as not being a big game player, that's just him being such a prima dona. The dude is out there playing for fouls and calls, not for goals and winning.

Which is what I said. I think I have stated from where I am coming with my stance on Neymar. I think he is a terrific talent. And he has had a pretty good career, albeit he is known for histrionics more than as a player. Which I said. I wasn't aware that the choice meant at this very instant in that I'd have Neymar at his age now and Pulisic at his age now. I was thinking more in general terms.

Just rough stats, and I know Pulisic started very young which is a credit to his talent.

In his career, 115 games Pulisic has scored 22 goals and added 20 assists in 74 starts. At Chelsea this past season nine goals, four assists in 25 games (19 starts).

In 175 games, 163 starts, in his career with Barcelona & PSG Neymar has scored 115 goals and added 64 assists. That's not a bad career. In his career with PSG he is averaging nearly a goal a game.

I can like a player's talent without liking the player. And that is the way I am with Neymar. He could be much better than he has been but, even so, he has not been too bad.

4 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

You're nuts...

I hate Neymar. He’s a bitch, he’s Brazilian, he’s a diver, and he fit right in at Barcelona. I pull for him to get injured. Not cool of me, but I do. That said...

Whenever Pulisic reaches his peak, he will still not have the skill that Neymar had as a 17 year-old. 

Neymar is so ridiculously talented that he gets bored, even against the best teams in the world and thinks that it would be more fun to make his opponent look like a fool than to continue playing for more team goals. 

Mid you cherrypicked the best assets (other than grit) of Pulisic, Donovan, Dempsey, Adu, and Tab Ramos, you MIGHT a player with Neymar’s speed, quickness, creativity, and skill. 

Neymar could have probably won a Balon d’Or by now if he weren’t such a cunt. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...

I just paid $6.25 to get CBS All Access through Amazon Prime to watch Man City vs Olympiakos and the game nor is the Shaktar Donesk game feed coming on.  It worked fine before I cancelled CBS All Access after last UCL.  Is anyone else having this issue?  I am furious bc the ONLY reason I am paying the $6.25 is to watch Man City play Champions League!!

28 minutes ago, UT Lax said:

I just paid $6.25 to get CBS All Access through Amazon Prime to watch Man City vs Olympiakos and the game nor is the Shaktar Donesk game feed coming on.  It worked fine before I cancelled CBS All Access after last UCL.  Is anyone else having this issue?  I am furious bc the ONLY reason I am paying the $6.25 is to watch Man City play Champions League!!

The illegal streams are of a better quality and are more consistent than CBS.