Champions League 2019-2020

maninblack

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

man Aouar is something else. 

He is the player that has caught my eye the most from players that I had never heard of before, during these set of CL games. 

Edited by JNip

1 hour ago, Woodrow Call said:

I see we're going with our high line again and it damn near cost us. 

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

I don’t mind it tactically, just had it with Boateng in there. He just doesn’t have the wheels for it. 

They will blend in the FC Dallas kid (Chris Richards?)  next year at CB, but it may be a game too late. 🤷‍♂️

54 minutes ago, WBT said:

Whoa, the Univision announcer just gave a shout out in English to the English speaking fans watching.  Guess they also heard about CBS's fuckery.

45 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

That was cool. They know.

When I watched two of the quarterfinal matches on Univision over at a friend’s, it seemed like half of the commercials were in Spanglish. 

46 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

They will blend in the FC Dallas kid (Chris Richards?)  next year at CB, but it may be a game too late. 🤷‍♂️

I think Sule and Hernandez are the expected starters, and they are still shopping for another.  Upamecano has been on their radar but is probably too expensive.  Bayern have been trying to sell Boateng but cant get any value for him.  He has been serviceable this year, so maybe a Chinese team will throw some money at him.  

well, champions league got their dream final.  i am looking forward to it.  prevailing wisdom will obviously be that bayern rolls but i look forward to seeing psg's offensive speed against bayern's high line defense (which looked vulnerable again early today).

13 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

China put rules in place to severely limit salary to foreigners. Sule is a little above average but not elite in my opinion. Alaba and Hernandez should be the starters next season. 

Alaba is a fullback, the problem is Davies took his position and he’s still a quality player. Sule is a natural CB, and when healthy he’s a top tier defender IMO. He will be a starter for the German National team at CB as well. We will see if he returns to form, but it’s pretty hard to find his combination of size and speed. I think Hernandez is more of a question at CB long term for Bayern than Sule. They spent a fuck ton of money to get him, but so far he just hasn’t been healthy or proven to fit the system. 

13 minutes ago, sidis said:

well, champions league got their dream final.  i am looking forward to it.  prevailing wisdom will obviously be that bayern rolls but i look forward to seeing psg's offensive speed against bayern's high line defense (which looked vulnerable again early today).

If Hansi doesn’t change some things up in the back for the final I’d be shocked. Neymar is just too dangerous to leave alone between Boateng and Alaba with a 40 yard run to the goal and Mbappe storming down the wing. 

13 minutes ago, sidis said:

That's pretty much how I am looking at this. I think those two early chances for Lyon spooked Bayern a bit. Just kind of showed them that there are players who can get behind them, and possibly score. I mentioned that to my Godson who plays for Gladbach's U-19, and although I didn't use the correct German he did agree that those chances made Bayern take notice. I think Bayern will (should) win and that is what I want, but a slip here, and there and things could happen. As it goes in sports.