The Food That Built America- History Channel

Sbbruin

Pretty fascinating look at the creation of the food industry in America, and how it exploded after WWII.Ā  The major pioneers who became some of the richest families in America- Kellogg, Heinz, Birdseye, Mars, Hershey, the whole McDonalds Bros/Ray Kroc story, Harlan Sanders, etc.Ā Highly recommend it.

• Like 4

Pretty fascinating look at the creation of the food industry in America, and how it exploded after WWII.Ā  The major pioneers who became some of the richest families in America- Kellogg, Heinz, Birdseye, Mars, Hershey, the whole McDonalds Bros/Ray Kroc story, Harlan Sanders, etc.Ā Highly recommend it.

Got really high and enjoyed it

This is a fantastic series, just as good as the Carnegie/Rockefeller one that preceded.

Couple of things that stood out - I guess I should spoiler

Spoiler

The two guys stiffed by Hershey and Mars come together to make M&Ms? That is interesting.

Post's daughter is a bad ass. She has the foresight to buy Birdseye, andĀ nudgesĀ industry to manufacture and sell refrigerators to hold their product in markets and at home. Ā That isĀ incredible. I'm not an economist but that seems bass akwards.Ā 

Ā