Poll: Predict Texas Football's 2019 Record

gmr548

Texas will finish with a regular season record of...  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Texas will finish with a regular season record of...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/31/19 at 11:00 PM

It's about that time, inside of three weeks from the opener vs Louisiana Tech. The Kool Aid has been consumed, and it's generally known who is going to see PT and what the team will be trying to do. It is time to call your shot and predict Texas football's regular season record.

Last year: https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/4063-predict-texas-footballs-2018-record/&tab=comments#comment-431620

Last year's 9-3 outcome received a plurality but not a majority of votes at 38 percent, though a few cheaters voted in November. The majority of votes were within one game at eight to 10 wins. I voted 7-5 because simply because my strategy was to come in a game or two below Surly groupthink, but that proved to be a poor choice. Nice work, Surly hivemind.

This year, I'll predict a repeat of last year at 9-3, which again may be a bit low relative to the overall expectation, but not intentionally this time. In my mind, LSU and OU are a split. Texas loses to one of Oklahoma State or TCU. And you have to price in one Herman Special head-scratcher that this team has no business losing. That game won't be ISU though, and Texas still qualifies for the B12 title game.

Poll locks at 6:00pm on 8/31 this time. Good luck, especially to those of you predicting 12-0.

Edited by gmr548

I've got us at 10-3 including the bowl and excluding the CCG. Most likely we'll split LSU/RRS. I think we'll drop one to a lesser opponent. I went with 9-3 for the purposes of this poll to account for some bad injury luck. I don't see us dropping below 9 wins without some major injury problems. And we have a pretty good chance to have a really special team that gets to 11 or 12 in the regular season.

9-3. The Herman head scratch is ISU. Then BlowU a d LSU. We get revenge with an full season of experience in def and blowout BlowU in b12 title.   Getting LSU game 2 doesn’t set up with a terribly young def and watching this team start slow as shit the last 2 years.  I’m also putting this in writing to reverse jinx so we go undefeated 

35 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

we ain't losin to corndog, motherfucker.

I ain't rooting for it dipshit.  But the talent on that team is pretty undeniable and it's mostly Juniors and Seniors.  I think we're more physical and talented than any other team on our schedule outside of LSU. 

But fuck it...

imgur
/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png" />

Edited by Ghost of Stevie Ray

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

I ain't rooting for it dipshit.  But the talent on that team is pretty undeniable and it's mostly Juniors and Seniors.  I think we're more physical and talented than any other team on our schedule outside of LSU. 

But fuck it...

imgur
/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png" />

When was the last time a Tom Herman team lost as a home underdog?

voted 9-3.

I don't know if it's residual effects from the last decade or what, but I just can't bring myself to vote for double digit wins (scares ya to death)

Hopefully margin of victory is a bit better this year.  There is no reason this team should play down to inferior opponents like we did last year.

Kool Aid has been good this off-season, so I hope I'm wrong...and deep down I think I will be.

Will Herman think he has to coach in games like La Tech, or will he think our talent edge is an automatic win (Maryland 2 years in a row)? Will Herman stop coaching in the 4th quarter of games when we have 3 TD leads and make every game look like it was a struggle? How we do this year is going to have a lot to do with if Herman plugs up his major coaching leaks.

• 3 months later...