Movie Scenes that Make You Hungry (for food)

tantric superman

So weird.  The two movies I thought of were Chef (wife and I went out and got a Cuban sandwhich as soon as we finished the movie) and the Godfather(s).  And if I had racked my brain to try to think of a third, I probably would have landed on the Goodfellas prison cooking scene.  So I guess I'm done here.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Wasn't a huge fan of this film (The Big Night), but did remember the long (and I think final) quiet scene.

I am still a big fan of the Big Night.  Excellent film and the uncut final scene is classic cinema, what a story it tells.

Big Night's big meal (not the eggs at the end) came to mind when I though of the thread title.

Babette's Feast, of course, 

37 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Every time this movie is mentioned, I think of Letterman's joke in his Oscar monologue.  

Nominated for Best Foreign Film, "Eat Drink Man Woman." Which is also how Arnold Schwarzenegger asked Maria Shriver out on their first date.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Wasn't a huge fan of this film (The Big Night), but did remember the long (and I think final) quiet scene.

That scene absolutely came to mind.  And as someone who loves to cook, loves to feed people, and loves the creative process that can be simple and complex at once, this is one of the most fantastic, intimate scenes in cinema.  It's perfect.

8 minutes ago, miguelito said:

basinger.jpg?w=584

hqdefault.jpg

9-and-a-Half-Weeks-197.jpg

And....yeah, this one came to mind as well.  The movie came out when Brisket was in high school.  Popping in that video tape helped young Brisket have some nice evenings with ladyfriends back in the day.

4 hours ago, tantric superman said:

damn, i love that movie, re-watched it last fall with my gf who was seeing it for the first time.  then i made a timpano for christmas using Stanley Tucci's recipe (pics of the timpano in the shit i've cooked lately thread)

i also used to enjoy making a big pasta/italian meal and having that for dinner to watch in front of the tube when new episodes of the sopranos came out (i think it was sunday night IIRC).

43 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Prob not a YouTube video of it, but does anyone remember the kitchen scene in 9 1/2 Weeks with Kim Basinger?

Was about to post this.  It made me hungry for something other than food.

Food scenes for me are some of the ones mentioned already (The Godfather: Clemenza making spaghetti and meatballs for the guys and Diner: eating half the menu).  And there's Jack Nicholson's famous scene in the diner in Five Easy Pieces trying to get a side order of toast.  Almost all of the cooking and eating scenes in Julie and Julia make me hungry.

No votes for the myriad cooking scenes in "The Cook The Thief His Wife and Her Lover" or whatever it was called.????????

I know it's not a food scene per say, but there are crackers in most of the scenes but "Bottle Shock."  People point to "Sideways" as a wine-inducing movie, but it's a standalone drama and character study.  But Alan Rickman, Chris Pine, Bill Pullman, Dennis Farina, Eliza Dushku, Rachael Taylor, and Bradley Whitford take you on an even more compelling viticultural journey than Sideways where the main character isn't a person, or even wine.  It's the soil itself.  And you want you want to get deep into it.  

Edited by Lobo

On 8/15/2019 at 10:30 AM, Longhornfan1024 said:

All of the Chef movie.  

Binging with Babish is pretty cool cooking show that based his shows off the food from movies.  Dude is crushing it now $$$.  It's always a good watch.

Some of my favorites:

Spoiler

Spoiler

On 8/15/2019 at 10:46 AM, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Goodfellas prison cooking scene.

Spoiler

21 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

Binging with Babish is pretty cool cooking show that based his shows off the food from movies.  Dude is crushing it now $$$.  It's always a good watch.

Some of my favorites:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, I've seen a lot of his stuff.  He's also a guest in one of the episodes of the Chef show, which is basically a non-fiction extension of the movie.  Favreau and Roy Choi just go around cooking food with other celebrities and hanging out.