New Chappelle Netflix Standup Special

SurlyBDR

Dave is one of, if not the, the greatest comedians of all time. He is somewhat past his prime now but that only means he’s still among the elite.

His latest is just saying fuck all y’all to the PC crowd because he knows his comedy don’t work if he doesn’t say that. Times change but he doesn’t have to, particularly since he’s gotten paid. 

• Like 1

Need to watch this one. But comedy isn’t like politicians or other forms of free speech in this country. I don’t find andy Dice clay funny but I don’t want to be in a country where people think others should give a shit about their negative opinion of him. Ok you don’t like it, don’t care you don’t, next. It’s comedy, change the fucking channel and shut the fuck up, no one cares what you think. Let comedians joke about what they want and keep your fucking opinion on them to yourself. Who hasn’t laughed at a good dead baby joke now and then?! I’ll stop before being too cloaky.

Will watch tomorrow with a good beer or three. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

On 8/30/2019 at 2:11 PM, A-Tex Devil said:

It was awesome.  Was some of it out of line?  Yeah.  Specifically the not believing MJ victims and the My Money My Choice/blaming anti abortion laws on “Me Too”.  

But if we can’t have guys like him just not giving a shit, we are doomed.  

It’s a comedy show, he bags on anyone and everyone. Nothing is out of line, IMO.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Pancho said:

Shouldn’t have laughed at some of the stuff I laughed at, but I did. No ragrets.

Very good including the 20 min thing after 

what 20 min thing after?

edit:  watching it now.  didn't know that was there thx.

Edited by gsoda3

On 9/4/2019 at 9:34 PM, atomheartbevo said:

September 10

That trailer looks great.  "Walk Your Way Out" was his first special that bored me a little and I was afraid he might be losing his edge.  This looks like a return to form.

15 minutes ago, futureman said:

#triggered

Oh fucking stop with this shit. "You didn't like what I like as much as I liked it; thus, you must have been offended and unable to deal."

I didn't think it was his best effort either and the "controversial" elements were actually pretty tame and, yes, forced. Like he was trying to be controversial more than he was trying to be funny. Opinions, how do they work?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Oh fucking stop with this shit. "You didn't like what I like as much as I liked it; thus, you must have been offended and unable to deal."

I didn't think it was his best effort either and the "controversial" elements were actually pretty tame and, yes, forced. Like he was trying to be controversial more than he was trying to be funny. Opinions, how do they work?

#triggered

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

i had to turn it off after 30 mins. was just dumb and disappointing. the N word / F word bit , MJ bit, all just dumb and forced and that pisses me off as i have always loved DC. maybe try again in a different part

I can see where someone might not have found it funny, but the bolded part wasn’t dumb. Pretty valid point imo. 

I finally got around to finishing this.  It was good, but there were specials I liked better from the past couple of years.  Just my opinion, but I think it's probably a little overrated based on nostalgia people have for The Chappelle Show.