New Chappelle Netflix Standup Special

SurlyBDR

On 9/15/2019 at 1:41 PM, aggie08 said:

Oh fucking stop with this shit. "You didn't like what I like as much as I liked it; thus, you must have been offended and unable to deal."

I didn't think it was his best effort either and the "controversial" elements were actually pretty tame and, yes, forced. Like he was trying to be controversial more than he was trying to be funny. Opinions, how do they work?

yeah to that point i think. also felt like built up frustration and a bit of a vent.

the binary shaggy errr surly taste police came out in full force. 

i'll for sure give it another shot a bit later in the episode and see if anything sticks

Edited by staboner

This was average Chappelle but that's better than most. He's obviously a tired of his standup audiences and was looking to finish out his Netflix obligation with a big FU. A lot of his material felt recycled, restated.

His Jussie Smolae and school shooting bits were fantastic but only a fraction of the entire special.

At least another years until his next go round.

• 1 month later...
On 10/21/2019 at 12:09 PM, Dennis Taylor said:

he played about 6 shows in Houston's HOB in a 150 seat room and did an open mike at Rudyards in the past couple weeks 

Yeah, he's been hanging out at all of the Astros games with Bun B, Willie D, Slim Thug, Trae, and Paul Wall. I kept wondering how Dave just sort of plopped down into that group of people. Makes sense.