Joshua Moore might be gone

texifornia

7 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

They have chopped the hell out of the UCW statute since I became familiar with it long ago.  It also includes a knife with a blade over 5.5" long.

Used to include throwing stars and all kinds of things, and was not limited to handguns.  As a result, it was used by cops all the time when they found you in possession of some type of arguable weapon they didn't like, and maybe you were the wrong color, or hair a lil too long.  A very handy "rousting" charge.

I defended a guy who lived in East Austin, when it was whorey and druggy, that got pulled over on suspicion of soliciting drugs or hoors.  He had a pair of 'chuks under his seat.  They found no drugs and had to accept that he was there because he lived nearby.  Unfortunately, there was case law that said nunchaku was a "club."  We pleaded him to probation, six months I think.

It is, in most non-gun cases, and a lot of gun cases, a misdemeanor offense.

Thx.  This whole discussion made me think of...

giphy.gif

csb alert:  I had a buddy at UT who got pulled over just off campus in the 90s for driving like shit and had a night stickin the back of his car. The cops hassled the fuck out of him and he ended up with a citation that led to a fine, but they eventually let him go, probably because he was white. 

1 hour ago, Leanderman said:

I used to carry a baseball bat. But always carried a glove and a baseball as well in case I was ever pulled over.

Damn son, this is Texas.  Got a 12ga, pair of 45s and i think  a 9mm fell down between the seats a while back.  

Things in ranch truck might make Burt Gummer blush.  

https://www.kxan.com/news/crime/longhorns-receiver-joshua-moore-faces-weapons-charge/

Police say they first saw Moore through the city’s comprehensive downtown camera system, called HALO.

According to an arrest affidavit, police monitoring downtown Austin on July 5 at the police department’s Real Time Crime Center (RTCC) noticed a man “remove a firearm from his waistband, walk in between two vehicles, appearing to chamber a round by pulling the slide of the gun to the rear, and then place the firearm back into his waistband.”

Police officers found and arrested Moore at gunpoint, saying he matched the description of the suspect.

When officers searched Moore they found a Glock 19 – .9mm pistol in his waistband. “The pistol contained a 30 round magazine with a live round which was loaded into the chamber ready to be fired,” police wrote.

11 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I defended a guy who lived in East Austin, when it was whorey and druggy, that got pulled over on suspicion of soliciting drugs or hoors.  He had a pair of 'chuks under his seat.  They found no drugs and had to accept that he was there because he lived nearby.  Unfortunately, there was case law that said nunchaku was a "club."  We pleaded him to probation, six months I think.

I represented an 80 year-old guy on a forcible rape charge. I plead it down to assault with a dead weapon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hozz said:

lol a glock 19 with a 30 round mag in it is taller than it is long.  I can't fathom someone thinking stuffing it down your pants with a round in the chamber is a good choice.

From something I read not too long ago:

"I slipped the .380 out of its pouch and jacked a shell into position.  If I needed to use it fast, what good would it be without a round in the chamber?  But in the interest of safety I slid it under my belt in the hollow of my back, rather than in the front of my pants.  My private parts gave a little silent cheer."  

1 minute ago, Sock Drawer said:

From something I read not too long ago:

"I slipped the .380 out of its pouch and jacked a shell into position.  If I needed to use it fast, what good would it be without a round in the chamber?  But in the interest of safety I slid it under my belt in the hollow of my back, rather than in the front of my pants.  My private parts gave a little silent cheer."  

Is that from "The Friends of Eddie Coyle"?

10 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Im fine with making an example of him and sit him out for the year

If he gets convicted  I would think he's off the team.  If "no guns" is one of the course values.

Is this the dude with the twin who went to Aggy, and his parents are both UT grads? I guess I can't assume that two parents with college degrees automatically means a solid family life.  Or he's just a dumbass.  

Herman, like Strong before him, has drawn a line in the sand with core values. I'm not saying drawing that line is a bad idea, nor that any of the five core values is excessive, nor that we treat talented dumbasses differently than lesser-talented dumbasses, but Herman's made a big deal out of it and now he can't afford to back down. I don't see this turning out well for either Moore or us.

Then, on the other hand, if the punishment is going to be severe, why is Moore still taking practice reps away from other players?

Dumbasses, all around. Whatta' you do?

22 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

To be fair....the article says "30 round magazine with a live round" in the chamber.  Doesn't say that the magazine had 30 rounds in it.  Doesn't excuse anything, but if it was empty then that decreases the dumbass factor a teeny bit.

spacer.png

Generally speaking.....

Good choice to own a Glock 19. 

Good choice to carry in condition 1 (loaded chamber).

30 round magazine? Dumb choice.

Stuffed in waistband? Very dumb choice.

Carrying in public places without an LTC?  Very criminal choice.

Underage and carrying? Just plain stupid.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

Police say they first saw Moore through the city’s comprehensive downtown camera system, called HALO.  According to an arrest affidavit, police monitoring downtown Austin on July 5 at the police department’s Real Time Crime Center (RTCC) noticed a man “remove a firearm from his waistband, walk in between two vehicles, appearing to chamber a round by pulling the slide of the gun to the rear, and then place the firearm back into his waistband.”

Police officers found and arrested Moore at gunpoint, saying he matched the description of the suspect.  When officers searched Moore they found a Glock 19 – .9mm pistol in his waistband. “The pistol contained a 30 round magazine with a live round which was loaded into the chamber ready to be fired,” police wrote.

giphy.gif

What The FUCK was Josh doing???

https://www.kxan.com/news/crime/longhorns-receiver-joshua-moore-faces-weapons-charge/   

Edited by LTtxfan

• immamac changed the title to Josh Moore - Redemption Tour