Joshua Moore might be gone

texifornia

Loses his older brother to a suicide over 5yrs ago and now carrying a loaded gun in downtown Austin? 

Get Josh help please... and unless there is more to this story, Josh has to receive an appropriate suspension that's determined by CDC.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2018/9/17/17871870/joshua-moore-texas-longhorns-touchdown-late-brother-dedication-suicide

16 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Article said July 5th? Hard to believe it was kept quiet for nearly a month and a half that a UT football player had been picked up on a weapon charge and according to the report arrested at gunpoint.

I had a similar thought. Our true "insiders" must really be tapped into the team.

1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

spacer.png

What's the flag on that play?  Unnecessary roughness by the RB??

1 hour ago, Casual Encounter said:

The cops probably kept this guy from doing something even more stupid.

That is my thinking as well.  

I hope Herman had a sitdown with the kid and talked through that very point. "Josh, before I decide what your punishment is, I want to know what would have happened next if the cops didn't stop you."  And keep pushing that until he gives you a 100% honest answer.  And then, depending on how shady it was, read him the f'ing riot act.  Verbally rip him a new one and scare the absolute shit out of him about the path he is starting down.

And then let Yancy have him for a couple of weeks of hell.

At least that is how I would have handled it. 

The points have been very well covered here. Maybe we'd be talking differently if this were a player at a position with no depth, but I hope not. Stupid actions should have consequences.

On a more practical note, I'd like to address the wisdom of chambering a round and THEN PUTTING A WEAPON IN YOUR WAISTBAND.
Josh, c'mon man!

1 minute ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

The points have been very well covered here. Maybe we'd be talking differently if this were a player at a position with no depth, but I hope not. Stupid actions should have consequences.

On a more practical note, I'd like to address the wisdom of chambering a round and THEN PUTTING A WEAPON IN YOUR WAISTBAND.
Josh, c'mon man!

I mean, didn’t *anyone* learn from Plaxico Burress?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

Josh, c'mon man!

The Glock does not have a typical safety. It uses a trigger safety which is even more of a dumbass reason not to put it in your pants. Not to mention the extended clip and not even being old enough to get a CHL.  Just winning all the way around. 

It would not bother me at all if he had to sit out this entire year. 

I would sit him through and including the OU game. That sends the message that he’s missing the biggest games of the (regular) season but leaves hope for redemption and return. I think a full year suspension would make return so remote for an emotionally distressed young man that the risk of his falling away would go up.

Edited by Magus Ossis
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

The Glock does not have a typical safety. It uses a trigger safety which is even more of a dumbass reason not to put it in your pants. Not to mention the extended clip magazine and not even being old enough to get a CHL LTC.  Just winning all the way around. 

It would not bother me at all if he had to sit out this entire year. 

FIF Surly gun nuts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Jesus, what the fuck was he intending to do with a full 30 round magazine.  He probably just needs to go away. Permanently.  I bet he even called it a 30 round clip too.

16 in the clip and one in the hole

nate dogg is about to make some bodies turn cold

its that damn rap music what’s learnin them wrong 

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

You lost me after good choice.

giphy.gif

1911 or GTFO fanboi

I don’t like Blocks and will never buy one, but do recognize their utilitarian value.

Agreed on the 1911, plus the Colt SAA, Ruger revolvers (SA & DA). and pre-lock S&W wheelguns.

13 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Jesus, what the fuck was he intending to do with a full 30 round magazine.  He probably just needs to go away. Permanently.  I bet he even called it a 30 round clip too.

Would love to hear what he told the coaches and parents. 

“I was taking it to show my friends!”

”I needed it to look tough at the drug deal”

just my guess, don’t think he was doing a hit

13 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Would love to hear what he told the coaches and parents. 

“I was taking it to show my friends!”

”I needed it to look tough at the drug deal”

just my guess, don’t think he was doing a hit

Likely not a hit but you also don’t chamber a round to just show it off.

17 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Generally speaking.....

Good choice to own a Glock 19. 

Good choice to carry in condition 1 (loaded chamber).

30 round magazine? Dumb choice.

Stuffed in waistband? Very dumb choice.

Carrying in public places without an LTC?  Very criminal choice.

Underage and carrying? Just plain stupid.

Not a gun guy so I'm ignorant. Why is that? Seems dangerous. 

12 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Not a gun guy so I'm ignorant. Why is that? Seems dangerous. 

If in a situation where you needed to defend yourself, it would be too late by the time you chambered a round. In other words, person one pulls a gun which is ready to be fired while person two has to react and chamber a round before firing back.

As an aggressor, it would also be stupid to pull a gun on someone if it’s not ready to be fired.

If in a situation where you needed to defend yourself, it would be too late by the time you chambered a round. In other words, person one pulls a gun which is ready to be fired while person two has to react and chamber a round before firing back.
As an aggressor, it would also be stupid to pull a gun on someone if it’s not ready to be fired.

If you have time to decide to chamber a round, tuck the gun away, etc., you have more than enough time to walk or drive away. You only due that to intentionally escalate a situation.

16 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Where did he keep the gun on a daily basis would be an interesting question.

You never know when or where the terrorists will strike next.  This young man isn't a criminal. He is a god damn hero. When he isn't in burnt orange and white, he wears a cape and carries a Glock while defeating Islamic radicals.  He is a patriot.

Should probably be shown the door.

• immamac changed the title to Josh Moore - Redemption Tour