Joshua Moore might be gone

texifornia

10 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Like brat said, it’s a paperweight otherwise. Normally you won’t have time to chamber a round if you need it. Plus, it usually takes two hands to do so.

Lots of people carry this way, especially with Glocks or other handguns that don't have a secondary safety. It's called Israeli carry. 

Lots of people carry this way, especially with Glocks or other handguns that don't have a secondary safety. It's called Israeli carry. 

Yes I know it’s called that. The Israelis practice the hell out of chambering a round before they draw. It’s pretty wild to me.

What are you considering a secondary safety? A manual one?

14 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

That HALO shit sounds illegal as hell

1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

Holy shit. This. 

You think surveillance cameras mounted above the streets is illegal?

There is no reasonable expectation of privacy in a public place.

Dumbasses like Josh Moore are why they are there.

Edited by 4th and 5
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, 4th and 5 said:

You think surveillance cameras mounted above the streets is illegal?

There is no reasonable expectation of privacy in a public place.

Dumbasses like Josh Moore are why they are there.

I have my LTC. If I decide that I want to step in between two cars and charge my weapon, it’s not illegal and I don’t need cops descending on me with guns drawn. 

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,[a] against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

From the text, and as interpreted, you are not secure from search, seizure, or surveillance in a public location, but only in places where you have a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Is it creepy?  Fuck yeah.  Unconstitutional? Not even close.

Y'all some funny motherfuckers, carrying around a pocket-size computer with a mic or two, camera or two, GPS locator, and a multi-frequency radio - all of which can be accessed and turned on remotely, able to listen to your voice and other sounds around you, able to take still and video images, able to record your location (accurate to at least about 30 feet)... and able to transmit all of those, pretty much anytime... and you pay for the whole thing yourselves. And then you worry about more cameras and microphones being pointed at you? 

Keep up the good work. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lat22 said:

I have my LTC. If I decide that I want to step in between two cars and charge my weapon, it’s not illegal and I don’t need cops descending on me with guns drawn. 

If you have an LTC it has to be either concealed or WORN in a belt or shoulder mounted holster. Taking it out of the holster to do something with it in a public place could be illegal unless justified under Ch 8 or 9 of the Penal Code

is taking it out to swap mags or something in a public place:

intentionally displays the handgun in plain view of another person in a public place” PC 46.035

It could be probable cause...you gotta be careful or you could end up having a jury decide at substantial expense  

For instance it is illegal to have a firearm in plain view in your car in a holster if the holster is not being worn at the time. PC 46.02. 

Edited by 4th and 5
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, 4th and 5 said:

If you have an LTC it has to be either concealed or WORN in a belt or shoulder mounted holster. Taking it out of the holster to do something with it in a public place could be illegal unless justified under Ch 8 or 9 of the Penal Code

intentionally displays the handgun in plain view of another person in a public place” PC 46.035

It could be probable cause...you gotta be careful or you could end up having a jury decide at substantial expense  

For instance it is illegal to have a firearm in plain view in your car in a holster if the holster is not being worn at the time. PC 46.02. 

Yeah, you are asking for trouble even with a license if you pull it out like that. 

I've got an LTC as well and I'll be damned if my pistol is removed from my holder unless I'm storing it or about to use it. Not to mention pulling a gun out in public then interacting with cops is a huge roll of the dice as to whether you get shot or not, add a multiplier if you are a person of color. Josh is lucky he wasn't shot during his apprehension. Such a stupid thing to do. 

1 hour ago, 4th and 5 said:

Interesting. I’d never have to pull it out to chamber one. It’s always ready to go. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

when I'm deployed we (USAF) carry ours chambered, but then again thats Afghanistan and not austin 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Y'all some funny motherfuckers, carrying around a pocket-size computer with a mic or two, camera or two, GPS locator, and a multi-frequency radio - all of which can be accessed and turned on remotely, able to listen to your voice and other sounds around you, able to take still and video images, able to record your location (accurate to at least about 30 feet)... and able to transmit all of those, pretty much anytime... and you pay for the whole thing yourselves. And then you worry about more cameras and microphones being pointed at you? 

Keep up the good work. 

My tin foil hat protects me from all of the above. Highly recommend.  

Saturday update per ESPN:  "He had a court date scheduled for Thursday, though the Dallas Morning News, citing Travis County court records, reported that had been moved to Sept. 23."  

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27408591/texas-wr-moore-faces-charges-carrying-gun

If court hearing truly is Sept 23rd, Josh might not even have a shot to be eligible till West Virginia game in early October, missing at least 4 games.

Edited by LTtxfan

17 hours ago, 4th and 5 said:

You don’t have to hide a gun in your car, holstered or not. A car is considered your house and falls under warrant rules discussed previously.

On 8/16/2019 at 3:14 PM, Newy25 said:

The Glock does not have a typical safety. It uses a trigger safety which is even more of a dumbass reason not to put it in your pants. Not to mention the extended clip and not even being old enough to get a CHL.  Just winning all the way around. 

It would not bother me at all if he had to sit out this entire year. 

What’s wrong with an extended mag?

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Saturday update per ESPN:  "He had a court date scheduled for Thursday, though the Dallas Morning News, citing Travis County court records, reported that had been moved to Sept. 23."  

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27408591/texas-wr-moore-faces-charges-carrying-gun

If court hearing truly is Sept 23rd, Josh might not even have a shot to be eligible till West Virginia game in early October, missing at least 4 games.

Too bad, but he f’d up.

16 hours ago, deft said:

FWIW, my understanding of condition 1 carry would require the firearm to have a manual safety.

Not a requirement in most states. A handful do require manual safeties regardless if the gun is carried in condition 1. So some pistols are manufactured with or without them to meet state regulations. Texas does not require manual safeties on semiauto handguns. California & Massachusetts do.

1 hour ago, Alien Octopus said:

You don’t have to hide a gun in your car, holstered or not. A car is considered your house and falls under warrant rules discussed previously.

Do you want to be arrested for UCW, because this is how you’re arrested for UCW. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects,[a] against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

From the text, and as interpreted, you are not secure from search, seizure, or surveillance in a public location, but only in places where you have a reasonable expectation of privacy.

Is it creepy?  Fuck yeah.  Unconstitutional? Not even close.

nm

Edited by Chopper

• immamac changed the title to Josh Moore - Redemption Tour