Joshua Moore might be gone

texifornia

• 2 weeks later...

Josh Moore eligible for 2020 season if he stays out of trouble going forward...

"Texas receiver Joshua Moore receives deferred adjudication"

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-football-Joshua-Moore-receiver-deferred-adjudication-unlawful-possession-of-gun-charge-144334560/

"With continued good behavior, Moore’s misdemeanor charge could be expunged from his record within six months, Sampson said."

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Josh Moore eligible for 2020 season if he stays out of trouble going forward...

"Texas receiver Joshua Moore receives deferred adjudication"

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-football-Joshua-Moore-receiver-deferred-adjudication-unlawful-possession-of-gun-charge-144334560/

"With continued good behavior, Moore’s misdemeanor charge could be expunged from his record within six months, Sampson said."

Let's hope he realizes he's got one chance or one opportunity to seize everything he ever wanted in one moment.
Will he  capture it .... or just let it slip?

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
39 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Hell of a comeback, kid

Agreed!!!  🤘

An earlier article at end of February 2020 said:   "With continued good behavior, Moore’s misdemeanor charge could be expunged from his record within six months".   (Hopefully Josh's misdemeanor charge is now gone!!)

• immamac changed the title to Josh Moore - Redemption Tour

I think he is the new Aaron Ross.  I know totally different routes, but JM strikes me as a star, not only at this level, but the NFL too.  He seems to have the IT factor, ala Ross.  Throw in the perseverance, chip on their shoulder dynamic that the two share, and I see many similarities. 

The hit Ross put on the Neb TE/Wr to cause the fumble/recovery was one of biggest (non-championship game) regular season plays ever. Others that come to mind:  VY 4-15 run vs KU, Case Herp-a-derp vs the Sheep, Major td pass late at Neb in 98 0r 99,  come to mind too. 

I think Josh Moore will wind up being one of the greats at Texas when its all said and done.

Edited by jdhorn92

19 hours ago, SDG said:

Good read.  This thread should be retittled something like: “Josh Moore - redemption tour.”   Court is in his past and the record may be expunged.   

19 hours ago, texifornia said:

Not a bad idea - @immamac?

THANKS for changing thread name @immamac 

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 2

Screen_Shot_2020_09_16_at_2.14.52_AM.png 

Joshua Moore takes advantage of return from year-long suspension

Tears of pain turned to tears of joy as the redshirt sophomore’s return to the field on Saturday marked the completion of a long and difficult redemption journey.

By Wescott Eberts@SBN_Wescott  Sep 16, 2020

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2020/9/16/21439253/joshua-moore-return-suspension-texas-longhorns-football 

(SIAP)

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Screen_Shot_2020_09_16_at_2.14.52_AM.png 

Joshua Moore takes advantage of return from year-long suspension

Tears of pain turned to tears of joy as the redshirt sophomore’s return to the field on Saturday marked the completion of a long and difficult redemption journey.

By Wescott Eberts@SBN_Wescott  Sep 16, 2020

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2020/9/16/21439253/joshua-moore-return-suspension-texas-longhorns-football 

(SIAP)

Thanks for sharing, my adopted fav player for 2020.  Come on Josh Moore lets go!!

• Hook 'Em 1

https://longhornswire.usatoday.com/2020/09/17/a-tale-of-the-no-6-jersey-texas-wr-joshua-moores-emotional-return/

A tale of the No. 6 jersey, Texas WR Joshua Moore's emotional return

By:  Cami Griffin      September 17, 2020 

Texas wide receiver Joshua Moore’s story is the perfect example of resilience.  The redshirt sophomore has had a difficult journey on and off the field after arriving in Austin. As a true freshman, Moore appeared in six games before suffering a season-ending shoulder injury.

In July of the following year, Moore was arrested in downtown Austin for carrying a loaded gun without a license. Texas head coach Tom Herman could have easily dismissed him from the program and stripped away Moore’s ultimate dream of playing at the University of Texas.

Instead, he brought him closer.

It’s clear that Herman wanted Moore to succeed in every aspect of life, not just as a player. Although Moore suffered a season-long suspension that did not allow him to compete in any games throughout the 2019 season, he was still able to participate every day in practice.

Herman continued to hold Moore accountable while he spent a year undergoing self-reflection, growth and discipline. While speaking to the media via a Zoom conference call on Tuesday, Moore admitted to being emotional each day that he wasn’t able to participate.

“To be honest, every game that I didn’t play in last year, I cried. Just me being who I am, I love football, grew up around football, coming here was my dream.”

Moore eventually received deferred adjudication for the misdemeanor charge. Considering the coaching staff was aware of how well he was progressing throughout practices, Moore immediately became a name to watch on Texas’ depth chart after wide receivers Devin Duvernay and Collin Johnson departed to the NFL.

To cap off the fresh start, Moore decided to wear No. 6 this season. This jersey number was previously occupied by Devin Duvernay — Texas’ leading receiver in 2019.

There’s some type of good karma surrounding that particular number.  Not only does Duvernay’s production and success throughout his collegiate career speak for itself — and potentially for what’s to come with Moore — this particular number is oddly noteworthy in the first game of each season.

In three straight season openers, the player wearing No. 6 has recorded the first touchdown for the Longhorns. Duvernay had the first touchdown reception for each of the previous two openers, while Moore exploded with a 78-yard touchdown in Texas’ season opener against UTEP.

Moore’s family couldn’t hold back their emotions as they witnessed his return to the field. His mother, sister and father instantly began to shed tears after his unbelievable start.

After 14 months of fighting through adversity, his hard work and resiliency paid off with six receptions for 127 yards and one touchdown in Texas’ first game of the season.

His redemption story is just beginning, but it’s certainly one to be admired.

• Hook 'Em 3

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-WR-Joshua-Moore-adds-gutsy-chapter-to-redemption-story-win-Texas-Tech-Red-Raiders-63-56-overtime-152013411/ 

giphy.gif

Texas WR Joshua Moore adds gutsy chapter to redemption story

By  JEFF HOWE    Sept 27th

LUBBOCK, Texas — When Texas wide receiver Joshua Moore left the field and headed to the locker room in the third quarter of Saturday’s dramatic 63-56 overtime comeback win over Texas Tech, the sophomore’s initial reaction was that his day might be done. With the Longhorns facing a third-and-21 from their own 32-yard line, quarterback Sam Ehlinger fired a desperation heave down the field to Moore, who tried to climb the ladder in order to make a leaping grab over Texas Tech cornerback Zech McPhearson.

Moore couldn’t come up with the ball and to make matters worse, the back of head his slammed into the turf at Jones AT&T Stadium. As he walked up the tunnel with the training staff to get examined, Moore didn’t know if his road to redemption had just hit a roadblock.

“It kind of scared me a little bit,” Moore said following the win over the Red Raiders where three of his five receptions (73 total yards receiving) went for touchdowns. “I thought it was a concussion, but I'm perfectly fine now. I was in here (the locker room) getting tests run on me and stuff.”

As he was in the process of getting cleared, Moore was learning the Longhorns had seen their 10-point halftime lead (31-21) and another 10-point lead in the third quarter (38-28) evaporate. Texas Tech snagged a one-point edge entering the fourth quarter, 42-41, quickly shifting Moore’s focus from his personal wellbeing to getting back on the field to help Texas regain the lead.

“I got news that we were down and I just instantly knew that there's no way that I would live with myself being in here hurt without going out there and helping my team win this game,” Moore said. “I'm just glad that I was able to contribute to bringing home the W.”

Moore returned and made his presence felt with a 1-yard reception on the offense’s first drive of the fourth quarter, a 12-play, 47-yard march that ended with a 26-yard field goal by Cameron Dicker. When the Longhorns fell behind by 15 points, 56-41, with 3:13 remaining in regulation, Moore provided more evidence why he’s as emerged as arguably Ehlinger’s top target through two games (11 receptions for 200 yards and four touchdowns after pulling down six catches for 127 yards and a touchdown in the season-opening win over UTEP on Sept. 12).

After a four-play, 59-yard scoring drive that took 34 seconds off of the clock and Malcolm Epps recovering an onside kick to get the ball back for the offense with Texas down by eight points, 56-48, with 2:39 to play, Moore’s second touchdown reception of the day (an 18-yard strike from Ehlinger) ended a six-play, 42-yard scoring drive. Ehlinger and Eagles connected on the ensuing two-point conversion attempt to send the game to overtime and on the third play of the extra session, Ehlinger found Moore in the end zone from 12 yards out, which proved to be the game-winning score.

Moore’s success at the start of the 2020 season has drawn attention to the trials and tribulations he went through in 2019 when he was noticeably absent from the field. The second chance to remain a member of the program head coach Tom Herman gave Moore following an off-field incident last summer included a season-long suspension from game action and a demotion to the practice squad with no indication when or if his punishment would be over.

Required to give his teammates the best look he could in the days leading up to game day before he was forced to watch the action from afar when it mattered, Moore told reporters in the wake of his breakthrough performance in the win over UTEP that he cried while each of the team’s the 13 games he was forced to miss were happening. It was hard for the Yoakum product to not know for sure if he’d thrown away his dream of donning the burnt orange and taking the field for the Longhorns, but he’s made up for lost time by helping Texas get off to the first 2-0 start of Herman’s tenure.

To say Moore is making the most of the rebirth of his football career would be an understatement. Ehlinger knows Moore is capable of doing more than put up numbers when the ball is thrown his way, a role Moore is gradually getting more comfortable fulfilling.

“I'm so proud of Josh, everything that he's gone through,” Ehlinger said. “I love him and I told him that after the game. Just a warrior. Loves the game and plays the game right way. He's understood and — he told me this yesterday — I said, 'I want you to be a leader and continue to talk, continue to use your voice. He said, 'I will, bro. I got you, I just felt like I had to earn the respect of the team back. That just spoke so much on his character and I'm so happy for him.”

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...