Joshua Moore might be gone

texifornia

33 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Is there something that indicates it was a gun somewhere?  Because UCW includes a "club," which includes all manner of non-firearm devices, to include a mace and a tomahawk.

If he was walking around Austin with a tomahawk I want him moved to starter, stat

• Like 1

No excuse for ucw,  but...   (excerpts)

When Texas Longhorns freshman wide receiver Joshua Moore stretched his arms in the end zone for a 27-yard touchdown pass from sophomore quarterback Sam Ehlinger early in the third quarter against the USC Trojans to extend a two-point lead, he was focused on the football, but still carrying a scar that he says will never heal.

That’s because his older brother, Quintin, committed suicide more than five years ago.

The 6’1, 170-pounder can’t visit the cemetery before games like he did at Yoakum, but scoring a touchdown in his third collegiate game was surely a suitable substitute for Moore

“I go to bed thinking about him,” Joshua said. “I wake up thinking about him. What can I do to make him proud of me? I approach every single day as he’s still here. At the end of the day, I shake his hand and he tells me, ‘Good job.

Moore still wears a necklace with a silver letter “Q” on it that he never takes off. During the spring, he was already thinking about honoring his brother on the football field at Texas.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2018/9/17/17871870/joshua-moore-texas-longhorns-touchdown-late-brother-dedication-suicide

7 minutes ago, torre said:

No excuse for ucw,  but...   (excerpts)

When Texas Longhorns freshman wide receiver Joshua Moore stretched his arms in the end zone for a 27-yard touchdown pass from sophomore quarterback Sam Ehlinger early in the third quarter against the USC Trojans to extend a two-point lead, he was focused on the football, but still carrying a scar that he says will never heal.

That’s because his older brother, Quintin, committed suicide more than five years ago.

The 6’1, 170-pounder can’t visit the cemetery before games like he did at Yoakum, but scoring a touchdown in his third collegiate game was surely a suitable substitute for Moore

“I go to bed thinking about him,” Joshua said. “I wake up thinking about him. What can I do to make him proud of me? I approach every single day as he’s still here. At the end of the day, I shake his hand and he tells me, ‘Good job.

Moore still wears a necklace with a silver letter “Q” on it that he never takes off. During the spring, he was already thinking about honoring his brother on the football field at Texas.

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2018/9/17/17871870/joshua-moore-texas-longhorns-touchdown-late-brother-dedication-suicide

I don't see how your older brother committing suicide means you'd feel compelled to unlawfully carry an illegal weapon around. If anything, you'd think it'd mean the opposite.

Edited by texifornia
fixed for pedantry

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

To be fair, no guns was a Charlie Strong rule, and look where that fucking got us. I hope Herman is handing out glocks after a good practice. 

this is stupid.  one of herman’s core values is “no weapons”.  he would never pass out glocks after a practice.  

4 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

It's illegal to carry guns in Texas?

Gun has nothing to do with this thread. 

Edit it to add: outside of the OP being a dipshit.   

Edited by SDG

1 minute ago, SDG said:

Gun has nothing to do with this thread. 

Huh?

Just now, Casual Encounter said:

There’s a minimum age requirement which I’m sure he doesn’t meet.

Nah it's kinda weird, as long as you are 18+ you can have a handgun. Just needs to be put up in your car and you can't carry it for no reason.

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/htm/PE.46.htm#46.02

But I ain't no lawyer. It's complicated.

3 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Huh?

Nah it's kinda weird, as long as you are 18+ you can have a handgun. Just needs to be put up in your car and you can't carry it for no reason.

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/htm/PE.46.htm#46.02

But I ain't no lawyer. It's complicated.

I was assuming he was carrying it, which I read requires you to be 21, or 18 if active duty. I could be reading it wrong.

Quotes from Herman

Moore has been practicing with the Longhorns this month. In a statement to the Statesman, UT coach Tom Herman said, “We’re aware of the situation with Joshua Moore.”

“We have talked with him and his family and are handling this internally at this time, but will continue to monitor the legal process,” Herman said. “We will determine any further action upon the completion of that process.”

2 hours ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

The coaches seemed to be actively finding ways to get him on the field and get reps during the scrimmage, so apparently they’re not overly upset about it. 

Yeah, Sam talked about Josh today...

SHUhpzXk_bigger.jpg.  Nick Moyle.  @NRMoyle
Ehlinger on WR Josh Moore: He’s doing a great job. He runs extremely good routes. Quick with his feet. His vertical is ridiculous. He’s really hard to cover in the slot and outside. He’s doing a great job of just flying around and doing what he’s told to do.
2:07 PM · Aug 15, 2019

Edited by LTtxfan

They have chopped the hell out of the UCW statute since I became familiar with it long ago.  It also includes a knife with a blade over 5.5" long.

Used to include throwing stars and all kinds of things, and was not limited to handguns.  As a result, it was used by cops all the time when they found you in possession of some type of arguable weapon they didn't like, and maybe you were the wrong color, or hair a lil too long.  A very handy "rousting" charge.

I defended a guy who lived in East Austin, when it was whorey and druggy, that got pulled over on suspicion of soliciting drugs or hoors.  He had a pair of 'chuks under his seat.  They found no drugs and had to accept that he was there because he lived nearby.  Unfortunately, there was case law that said nunchaku was a "club."  We pleaded him to probation, six months I think.

It is, in most non-gun cases, and a lot of gun cases, a misdemeanor offense.

Edited by TwiceHorn

8 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

To be fair, no guns was a Charlie Strong rule, and look where that fucking got us. I hope Herman is handing out glocks after a good practice. 

Of course no guns was a Charlie Strong rule. It was proven every time he brought a knife to a gun fight and we would lose by 30 points.

• Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Josh Moore - Redemption Tour