Greenland

Zavala

Coincidence?

1565922756596-pol.jpg

http://archive.is/VN5PM

While it is unclear how far the president will push the idea, U.S. officials view Greenland as important to American national-security interests. A decades-old defense treaty between Denmark and the U.S. gives the U.S. military virtually unlimited rights in Greenland at America’s northernmost base, Thule Air Base. Located 750 miles north of the Arctic Circle, it includes a radar station that is part of a U.S. ballistic missile early warning system. The base is also used by the U.S. Air Force Space Command and the North American Aerospace Defense Command.

The U.S. has sought to derail Chinese efforts to gain an economic foothold in Greenland. The Pentagon worked successfully in 2018 to block China from financing three airports on the island.

With global warming can we turn it in a large orange grove? 

Dale Gribble:
[regarding global warming] I say let the world warm up, see what Boutros Boutros-Ghali-Ghali thinks about that! We'll grow oranges in Alaska.

Hank Hill:
Dale, you giblet-head, we live in Texas. It's already a hundred and ten in the summer, and if it gets one degree hotter, I'm gonna kick your ass!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, po elvis said:

Doesn't that make it easier?

I was thinking that once Trump takes a big chunk of land for himself and some more for his friends (and there’s not much land that’s not constantly covered by ice), then the locals will get kind of restless.

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Where do you think we're planning on putting the brown people?

It could be the largest detention/catch and release center yet, but definitely a place for people legitimately seeking asylum from violence in their home country with zero expectations of welfare and free stuff. Here’s a parka, go and be happy! [kinda serious/no CR]

17 hours ago, XYZ said:

I was thinking that once Trump takes a big chunk of land for himself and some more for his friends (and there’s not much land that’s not constantly covered by ice), then the locals will get kind of restless.

All 23 of them

16 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

You know this idiot views this as a real estate deal that's right in his wheelhouse. When that fails, his ego will make him invade.

Don't worry.  It's a Trump real estate deal.  We'll finance it in part with laundered Russian money, still fail to make all of the required payments, and Denmark will repossess it.

I just hope their repo crew shows up in longboats with war drums and shit, because that would be awesome.

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Don't worry.  It's a Trump real estate deal.  We'll finance it in part with laundered Russian money, still fail to make all of the required payments, and Denmark will repossess it.

I just hope their repo crew shows up in longboats with war drums and shit, because that would be awesome.

Hammer of the gods.