Obi-Wan Series on Disney+ Staring Ewan McGregor

Viper

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i do.  i don't have kids, but if i get rid of it, about a dozen people will have to do without.

when i click on my disney+ icon it looks like a pixar class photo.

since when do you prop up the poors?

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Your loss. Clone Wars and Rebels is some of the best Star Wars content, particularly the last story arc of Clone Wars. 

Eh, I'm the same way.  I've watched a decent amount of it with my kids, but it's just not compelling to me.

On a related note, this guy just died.

https://kotaku.com/colin-cantwell-star-wars-artist-design-x-wing-tie-fight-1848961918

It’s for his early work on Star Wars, though, that he has become best known. Employed early in the original film’s development, in 1974-75, Cantwell is the originator of many of the series’ most iconic and memorable ships, including the X-Wing, Y-Wing, TIE Fighter, Star Destroyer, Landspeeder, Sandcrawler,and Corellian Corvette (which was originally supposed to be the Millennium Falcon). He was also the original designer of the Death Star.

While other artists like McQuarrie and special effects guru Joe Johnston would later tweak those designs, their original vision—from the X-Wing’s crossed, folding wings to the TIE Fighter’s bowtie silhouette—was all Cantwell, as you can see in the images below:

https://kotaku.com/colin-cantwell-star-wars-artist-design-x-wing-tie-fight-1848961918

I love his artwork.

https://colin-cantwell.com

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Eh, I'm the same way.  I've watched a decent amount of it with my kids, but it's just not compelling to me.

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

I wish I could take cartoons seriously. I've tried some of those, and I don't make it very far. 

I can't make it through 5 minutes of any of them. "serious sci-fi" cartoons suck. Period.

On 5/18/2022 at 7:23 PM, UT_OB1 said:

Is there a recommended clone wars, rebels, other viewing guide for this?  I know it would be somewhat speculative. Maybe watching phantom menace and RotS plus the last 3 of clone wars would do it?

It's hard to really know before seeing the show.

My guess is that you won't really need to see any of the animated shows to know what's going on. This is really being positioned as "Obi-Wan in hiding in between ROTS and ANH" so my guess is it's generally targeted at people who have seen the OT and prequels.

But there likely will be some Easter egg stuff for people who watched the Clone Wars series, via flashbacks, name drops, or perhaps one or more characters appearing in live action. (Just a guess)

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

So how many of you nerds are going to stay up and watch this at midnight?

Nah I prefer sleep. Would rather fuck around on a Friday “working” while watching Obi Wan and ST

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Nah I prefer sleep. Would rather fuck around on a Friday “working” while watching Obi Wan and ST

LOL same.

(A) I have a one-year-old so my sleep is precious.

(B) I have early meetings tomorrow anyway. 

Gonna wait until Friday evening after the boy is down and then settle in on the couch with some bourbon and enjoy the hell out of this.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, oSuJeff97 said:

So how many of you nerds are going to stay up and watch this at midnight?

Raise Hand GIF by Nick Jonas

Took tomorrow off for multiple Top Gun showings, and viewing ObiWan when it drops ~ midnight was part of the plan. 

• Like 1

Ugh.. I could watch this now. But my wife would be mad... even though she'll be on her phone the whole time we actually "watch" it. 

I think I saw a setting that erases if you’ve watched a show already. Maybe look for that or just have it cued up from the beginning when she sits down to watch. It’s like you’ve never hidden shit from your wife before.

9 hours ago, Captainant said:

I watched the first episode. I am fucking HYPED for the story this show is telling.

And the new original John Williams theme is the cherry on top.

Gonna catch the second tomorrow though lol

This. First ep hype. Waiting to finish a meeting to start the second 

That was awesome!! The last scene was badass! 

Spoiler

The only weird moment was the chase scene with Leia on her home planet. The bad guys looked like they were trying to not catch her the entire time. Just not well done at all. 

• Hook 'Em 2

This show fucks.

The rooftop scene reminds me of The Crow but with the added game feature of force pushing a bridge.

The force mine read really screws with the continuity of the story since it eliminates the need of the interrogator droids that Was used in Leia in the first movie.

4 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Okay start! I never watched the Clone Wars series, but the character design for the inquisitors is lame. Bad make up and  worse acting—can’t take them seriously. 

Oh, and child actors are cringe. 

Leia chase scene was like a scene from the Land of the Lost tv show.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1