2020 DB Xavion Alford

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

45 second conversation at a crosswalk today on East Franklin, across from UNC. Dude saw my Longhorn T, flashed a hook'em, and after cursory "Hi, how are you, where you from?" promptly said: "Stole one from aggy today. God bless Jimbo Fisher, may he pretend to coach forever."

No idea his Surly handle, but he sure seemed like one of you degenerates.

Anyway, the next time we need recruiting momentum, I'll have to move further east. Maybe Morrocco.

Wasn’t I. But had you been on the NW side of Atlanta, it well could have been. 

• 3 months later...
Just now, NorLa Horns said:

dont know, But seeing as Ash is a DB guy, safetys in particular, I highly doubt it. . But i doubt Washington will suddenly be in charge of safetys also.

I'm hoping Washington isn't back. Yeah, he can recruit, but the dude can't teach. As you said, Ash being a DB guy bodes well for that group. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2019 at 2:44 PM, NorLa Horns said:

dont know, But seeing as Ash is a DB guy, safetys in particular, I highly doubt it. . But i doubt Washington will suddenly be in charge of safetys also.

Based on this year, Washington doesn't deserve to come back but if rumors that Orlando squashed any on field teaching time,  does that give him a pass in ash's mind or has the damage already been done. 

For the record, I want him gone provided the alternative is an upgrade. 

8 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He and Adimora in a few years? Dope. Let's hope they progress under this staff. Adimora showed some good signs against Utah. Very pleased. 

That's the mentality you need from your players, to want to beat the shit out of opponents, and not your own coaches.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
15 minutes ago, hornfromdallas said:

texas is going to lose the 100 yard landlord because they chased the k state safety bruh. 

Another young defensive back may be looking to exit as well after the addition of cornerback Darion Dunn.

If Alford is unwilling to stay and compete for playing time after a RS year and is worried about a former JUCO graduate transfer with year to play he's going to be in real trouble when younger 4* kids come in to take his fucking job, Coffey for example. It's weird because Alford helped get several guys closed down for Texas and has been an active recruiter. It's even weirder to want to go play for Todd Orlando. Naivar, I actually understand. USC's depth chart at S isn't much more inviting - it's pretty loaded and Xamarion Gordon certainly isn't going to be kept off the field for long. 

I'm guessing the other young DB referenced is Caldwell.

Dunn is an FCS All American with an NFL frame and legit track speed and has 1 year to show out for the NFL. Similarly, If that young DB is concerned that an FCS guy is taking his spot, what is he going to do at any P5 school with the 4 star in front and behind him? Jamison and Thompson will have to continue to improve just to keep Crawford from starting in 2021. I think Crawford and Barron are going to be hard AF to move from the CB spots in 2022 and beyond and Jamier Johnson gives zero fucks about your feelings, not unlike Adimora, so he's going to compete as if the job is his as well. Ish Ibraheem is up in the air but if he's able to come in as well it's going to get even tougher to stay on the 2-deep. 

• Hook 'Em 5

30 minutes ago, immamac said:

He was a fucking freshman. This is a huge indictment of the staff and their toxicity. 

Preach. The fact that numbnuts didn't fucking give these kids run when the players on the field weren't performing is why Herman sucks so bad. Bijan not starting? Wiley not getting run instead of Cade fucking Brewer? Hopefully the rumors are true and brighter days are on the horizon.

Edited by LarTXHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

He was a fucking freshman. This is a huge indictment of the staff and their toxicity. 

There are multiple people that have reported that he and his family got pissy about us chasing a couple senior DBs in the transfer portal. Sounds like another impatient kid.

Edited by Schulz2.0

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

There are multiple people that have reported that he and his family got pissy about us chasing a couple senior DBs in the transfer portal. Sounds like another impatient kid.

Seems to me the staffs of winning teams chase the best talent they can all the time, regardless of who's in their own pipeline. Logic says we wouldn't be courting short-timer DBs if young guys in our system were right on the verge of breaking out. Maybe Alford was told that we weren't going to date around, but that's hard to believe. In the shape our program is in right now, we need to be turning over every rock in search of guys who can see the field right away.  

Edited by Gut Wagon
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Gut Wagon said:

Seems to me the staffs of winning teams chase the best talent they can all the time, regardless of who's in their own pipeline. Logic says we wouldn't be courting short-timer DBs if young guys in our system were right on the verge of breaking out. Maybe Alford was told that we weren't going to date around, but that's hard to believe. In the shape our program is in right now, we need to be turning over every rock in search of guys who can see the field right away.  

Alabama. Ohio state. Clemson. All develop it. This staff can't develop anything. Talent leaves.