Peter Fonda has died

Gil Bang

Some shots of mid-70’s Austin can be found in Outlaw Blues. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076512/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_85

More of a counter cultural icon than important actor (it’s hard to standout when your dad is Henry and big sis is Jane) but he made his mark, and probably had a hell of a lot of adventure along the way.

Was an extra in a movie with him called Split Image. One day I was eating by the trailer with some other extras and he sat down right next to me and asked me how I was doing. Always liked him after that.

I always thought he was cool especially after easy rider...RIP

4 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

More of a counter cultural icon than important actor (it’s hard to standout when your dad is Henry and big sis is Jane) but he made his mark, and probably had a hell of a lot of adventure along the way.

I think this pretty well sums him up. He will be missed. RIP Cap.

Now he really knows what it's like to be dead.  RIP Peter.

During The Beatles' US tour in the summer of 1965, they rented a house in Los Angeles' Mulholland Drive. On24 August they played host to Roger McGuinn and David Crosby of The Byrds, and the two parties, apart from Paul McCartney, spent the day tripping on LSD.

The actor Peter Fonda arrived at the house, also on acid. He attempted to comfort Harrison, who thought he was dying.

"I told him there was nothing to be afraid of and that all he needed to do was relax. I said that I knew what it was like to be dead because when I was 10 years old I'd accidentally shot myself in the stomach and my heart stopped beating three times while I was on the operating table because I'd lost so much blood.

John was passing at the time and heard me saying 'I know what it's like to be dead'. He looked at me and said, 'You're making me feel like I've never been born. Who put all that shit in your head?'"-Peter Fonda

Lennon recounted the incident in one of his final interviews in 1980, speaking to a journalist from Playboy magazine.

"It's an interesting track. The guitars are great on it. That was written after an acid trip in LA during a break in The Beatles' tour where we were having fun with The Byrds and lots of girls. Some from Playboy, I believe. Peter Fonda came in when we were on acid and he kept coming up to me and sitting next to me and whispering, 'I know what it's like to be dead.'

He was describing an acid trip he'd been on. We didn't want to hear about that! We were on an acid trip and the sun was shining and the girls were dancing and the whole thing was beautiful and Sixties, and this guy – who I really didn't know; he hadn't made Easy Rider or anything – kept coming over, wearing shades, saying, 'I know what it's like to be dead,' and we kept leaving him because he was so boring! And I used it for the song, but I changed it to 'she' instead of 'he'. It was scary. You know, a guy… when you're flying high and [whispers] 'I know what it's like to be dead, man.' I remembered the incident. Don't tell me about it! I don't want to know what it's like to be dead!"

23 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I still get a kick that Toni Basil...  yes, THAT Toni Basil of "Oh, Mickey" fame was in Easy Rider.  She was also in 5 Easy Pieces. 

Was she one of the commune chicks, I hope she was one of the commune chicks... please let her be be one of the commune chicks.