Cedric Benson has passed away - RIP 🤘​​​​​​​

TexEx15

31 minutes ago, Jomac0928 said:

Still pissed Mack didn't put him in against OU his fr year.

Allegedly because he didn't know the blitz pickups...stupid.  RIP to one of the all time great!

Edited by Hate

Just saw video of cop talking . Looks like it happened on north mt Bonnell.  Cop said that when cars come over hill at high speed on mt Bonnell road towards 2222, it is hard to stop at the stop sign there.  Kind of insinuating that the van went through stop sign and into 2222 west bound lane.

Ugh.

My God, just seeing this.

What a gut punch.  I saw a guy lose control of his motorcycle the other night on Lamar near 24th.  Hit the curb and flew like a rag doll half a football field into Pease Park.

Margin for error on those things is next to nil.

FUCK

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, CockadoodleHorn said:

Just saw video of cop talking . Looks like it happened on north mt Bonnell.  Cop said that when cars come over hill at high speed on mt Bonnell road towards 2222, it is hard to stop at the stop sign there.  Kind of insinuating that the van went through stop sign and into 2222 west bound lane.

That fucking sucks. 

18 minutes ago, CockadoodleHorn said:

That fucking sucks. 

2 hours ago, JFKFC said:

I really hope this isn't true. Oh damn.

Also guys, don't ride motorcycles. 

This. There is a reason that surgeons refer to motorcycle riders as walking organ donors. Just a sad situation all around. I hope for the best for his 10 year old daughter.

13 minutes ago, Cajun said:

My God, just seeing this.

What a gut punch.  I saw a guy lose control of his motorcycle the other night on Lamar near 24th.  Hit the curb and flew like a rag doll half a football field into Pease Park.

Margin for error on those things is next to nil.

FUCK

That happened to my youngest son when he snuck his older brother’s dirt bike out to ride it down the street. He only dislocated his shoulder though.

• Like 1

If memory serves, the first three carries he ever got for UT were in garbage time in a blowout against rice or ULaLa or something. The crowd absolutely erupted seeing him come off the sideline. He hit the hole so hard and so smooth. He was unique.

• Like 1

This is about the shittiest of things that can possibly happen. We are lesser without him with us. He made all of us better. He made everyone around him better. Cedric was the first Longhorn I ever liked. I fell madly in love with the University of Texas basically because of him. He is the reason I became interested in Texas. Before that I didn't really follow any team. I will miss him.