Cedric Benson has passed away - RIP 🤘​​​​​​​

TexEx15

6 hours ago, Machinator said:

actually prefer this in some ways-- I'm not at all against retiring numbers but I like when programs continue to "award" the jersey number to outstanding contributors, the way Michigan has often done with the #1 jersey (I think Anthony Carter first made it famous and then it's been handed down since)

• 1 month later...

An alcohol concentration of 0.02 is about one beer

“THC” in his system means nothing, unless it is the active form of it, which means recent use. And even when the active form of it is detected, quantifying impairment is at best an educated guess.

=========

former University of Texas football star Cedric Benson had a blood alcohol level of 0.02 and tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, in his system at the time of a crash that killed him and his motorcycle passenger in August, according to an autopsy and toxicology report released by the Travis County Medical Examiners office Wednesday.

The legal blood alcohol limit while driving in Texas is 0.08. THC is the intoxicating agent in marijuana and other cannabinoid products.

Experts interviewed by the American-Statesman said that it is difficult to determine from the autopsy when THC entered Benson’s system and whether it played a role in the crash.

Benson, 36, was killed in a fiery crash in August on RM 2222 near Mount Bonnell Road after colliding with a van. He was traveling east at a high rate of speed when authorities said the van entered 2222 after checking for oncoming traffic. His passenger, Aamna Najam, 27, of Houston also was killed. She had a doctorate in audiology from UT.
Austin police have said that they are still investigating the crash and that the result of the autopsy would be a critical piece of evidence. The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission also has said that it is possible that they would open a full investigation based on the results of the autopsy into whether Benson may have been served alcohol.
Benson had posted a picture on Instagram that night of his motorcycle and captioned it “My Saturday evening.”

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Good to see alcohol & marijuana were probably not factors in accident.

RIP CED 🙏 

I don't think that's what it said.  The alcohol level was quite low, but the THC was just present, not listed as a quanitity, so I don't think one can say that it wasn't a factor.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm not saying that it was and my belief is that it wasn't.  Just that I don't believe what is printed above makes any suggestion that it was or wasn't a factor.  

Very sad.  RIP Ced.  

7 hours ago, 4th and 5 said:

Speed, vision, visibility, perception, attention or lack thereof, reaction time and stopping distance are common factors in auto / motorcycle accidents

especially when you have a hot piece of ass riding with you and you know you're digging into that later in the night.

11 hours ago, Tailgate said:

The local news has zero respect for this great Longhorn. Sensationalizing what amounts to a sober person being involved in an accident is complete bullshit.

RIP Ced

11 hours ago, Tailgate said:

Not sure what you mean by sensationalizing here. It's literally a sentence of new information, another explaining what it means then a rehash of the original story.

But I just read what was quoted.  Is the Austin media going balls to the wall about Ceds sobriety?   

• Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Not sure what you mean by sensationalizing here. It's literally a sentence of new information, another explaining what it means then a rehash of the original story.

But I just read what was quoted.  Is the Austin media going balls to the wall about Ceds sobriety?   

By making it the lead story on your online site when your the “paper” of Austin.

its fourth page news they blasted on the front page for no fucking reason.

it was their Tweet of the night...their Facebook page of breaking news.

Sensationalizing it. Look it up.

• Like 1

By making it the lead story on your online site when your the “paper” of Austin.

KXAN felt the need to send me a breaking news alert. Fuck them too.

1 hour ago, Tailgate said:

Touche.  

16 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

It was speed.

talked with a first responder and I just hope the autopsy findings are never released. Just awful awful story I wish I had never heard. 

Ditto - Speed was the main cause, I heard from someone on the scene and the extra details are things I wish I never heard. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Still difficult to think Ced's gone...

https://www.tmz.com/2020/02/22/cedric-benson-austin-texas-house-market/ 

CEDRIC BENSON -- INCREDIBLE AUSTIN HOME HITS MARKET... For $4.5 Million 

d3f5fc9c6bfc4a56a965812f68b45e3a_md.jpg 

Cedric Benson's longtime home in Austin -- which he completely rebuilt from the ground up -- is hitting the market ... and it's got a $4.5 million price tag.

TMZ Sports has learned ... Benson bought the Texas pad back in 2006 and worked passionately to turn it into his dream home.

The finished product is amazing -- it's got 6 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, pool and spa, personal gym ... and it's all sitting on top of a hill overlooking downtown Austin.

We're told it took 2 years to completely rebuild the house ... and Benson was involved in every detail of the house.

The crib is looking for a new owner who will love the place as much as the former NFL star did ... and it's currently listed for $4.5 million.

Benson tragically passed away in a motorcycle accident back in August 2019. He was 36 years old.

Edited by LTtxfan

• 5 months later...

#2 All Time...

ALL-TIME RUSHING LEADERS — CAREER RUSHING YARDS

1475174948-Benson.jpg?w=1200&h=630&forma

1. Ricky Williams, 1995 to 1998: 1,011 attempts, 6,279 yards, 6.2 yards per carry, 72 touchdowns
  2. Cedric Benson, 2001 to 2004: 1,112 attempts, 5,540 yards, 5.0 yards per carry, 64 touchdowns
  3. Earl Campbell, 1974 to 1977: 765 attempts, 4,443 yards, 5.8 yards per carry, 40 touchdowns
  4. Jamaal Charles, 2005 to 2007: 533 attempts, 3,328 yards, 6.2 yards per carry, 36 touchdowns
  5. Chris Gilbert, 1966 to 1968: 595 attempts, 3,231 yards, 5.4 yards per carry, 28 touchdowns
  6. Vince Young, 2003 to 2005: 457 attempts, 3,127 yards, 6.8 yards per carry, 37 touchdowns
  7. Roosevelt Leaks, 1972 to 1974: 555 attempts, 2,923 yards, 5.3 yards per carry, 26 touchdowns
  8. A.J. Jam Jones, 1978 to 1981: 645 attempts, 2,874 yards, 4.5 yards per carry, 27 touchdowns
  9. D'Onta Foreman, 2014 to 2016: 433 attempts, 2,782 yards, 6.4 yards per carry, 20 touchdowns
  10. Malcolm Brown, 2011 to 2014: 623 attempts, 2,678 yards, 4.3 yards per carry, 24 touchdowns
  11. Hodges Mitchell, 1997 to 2000: 517 attempts, 2,664 yards, 5.2 yards per carry, 20 touchdowns
  12. Eric Metcalf, 1985 to 1988: 586 attempts, 2,661 yards, 4.5 yards per carry, 23 touchdowns
  13. Johnathan Gray, 2012 to 2015: 578 attempts, 2,607 yards, 4.5 yards per carry, 17 touchdowns
  14. Jim Bertelsen, 1969 to 1971: 412 attempts, 2,510 yards, 6.1 yards per carry, 33 touchdowns
  15. Adrian Walker, 1989 to 1992: 501 attempts, 2,473 yards, 4.9 yards per carry, 17 touchdowns

https://247sports.com/college/texas/LongFormArticle/Texas-Longhorns-football-all-time-statistical-leaders-for-Longhorns-Colt-McCoy-Sam-Ehlinger-Vince-Young-Ricky-Williams-Roy-Williams-148886694/#148886694_3

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1