Cedric Benson has passed away - RIP πŸ€˜β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹β€‹

TexEx15

3 hours ago, sidis said:

he was injured in the first offensive drive.Β 

i was at midland lee v. ike and westlake both.Β  was never more excited about a recruit and what he could do for us.Β  he showed insane promise in 2001 as a fish (including trucking some aggie safeties into the endzone to seal the road win) until that horrible collision with mike williams on one of simms' 378 ints against colorado in the big 12 champ game.Β  that collision really fucked him up bad and it really ruined his trajectory and 2002 season.Β  once vince came along and the new offensive game plan really create space for cedric in mid-2003, he really found his groove again.Β  he was a tough ass runner and one of the last true tailbacks.Β  certainly some of my fondest texas football memories included cedric benson.

Yeah that collision with Big Mike was nasty & really fucked his game up, not just physically imho. I don't think he was ever quite the same. He was still obviously very good, but I think running into that wall limited him some from that point forward.

13 minutes ago, wood said:

Yeah that collision with Big Mike was nasty & really fucked his game up, not just physically imho. I don't think he was ever quite the same. He was still obviously very good, but I think running into that wall limited him some from that point forward.

That collision is what I remember most about the start to that game. How CBΒ didn’t get injured more seriously than he did is a mystery to me. I was harder onΒ Simms for that injury than I wasΒ for the hole his turnoversΒ put us in, and I was a Simms fan.Β 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

2 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

That collision is what I remember most about the start to that game. How CBΒ didn’t get injured more seriously than he did is a mystery to me. I was harder onΒ Simms for that injury than I wasΒ for the hole his turnoversΒ put us in, and I was a Simms fan.Β 

We’d have smoked them without the injuries, especially so without the turnovers. We couldΒ have beaten them anyway but for that damn roughing the punter on geiggar. Β Such frustration.Β 

• Like 1

That State Final against SA MacArthur was transcendent. Have a friend who was a coordinator for Mac. Said they only had two days to prepare due to the other finalist being disqualified and no practice time but it didn’t matter. Ced brutalized them.

Just tragic. Waaaay too young. Sincere prayers for the Benson family, his daughter, the family of his passenger and all who knew them. Rest well, 32. Thanks for the good times and memories. Hook β€˜em.

• Like 1

Of all the great RBs we’ve had at Texas, Cedric Benson was in my top three. Guess which two are the others. Need a hint? Β All turned no yards into 5 through brute power alone.Β 

Β 

I’ll put up Earl, Ricky, Cedric and Jamaal Charles up against any four other backs from any other program. That’s a beastly Mt Rushmore of Running Backs.

Β 

RIP, Ced. You were a bad ass. Too young.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thestud said:

Β 

Β 

Nobody is critiquing high school teams. I made an accurate observation that was a testament to the talent that was Cedric Benson, then dumbfuck Helobius came in with his trademark dumbassery. Might I suggest you take umbrage with that jackass, or the other jackasses above that want to debate the finer points of motorcycle safety?

Β 

Β 

I disagreed with yourΒ assertion that Lee was a ragtag group of scrubs with only 2 good players on the team. I’m sorry that offended you so much. They had 2 losses that year (one to an out of state squad), but besides that none of their wins were by anything less than 2 scores. Benson carried them to 3 titles, but he didn’t do all of that by himself.Β 

I was floored when I found out this morning. This is just sickening for me. Ced is one of my all time favorite Horns. I was there at DKR when ML played Westlake and couldn't wait for him to get to Austin. I'll add I used to ride my bicycle out to City Park when I was a student via Mt. Bonnell and that intersection always scared the hell out of me.

Β 

• Like 1

Midnight, around 10 years agoΒ on W Courtyard Dr, I wasΒ making out with my GF. We'reΒ dry humping on the hood of my Acura. Cedric drives up and says β€œyo, I live right over here (pointing 2 houses away) y’all come over”. Such a kind, bad ass man. Thank you Ced. The planet needs more folks like you.Β 

• Like 8

I saw the KXAN push on my phone last night when I was in Houston for a youth soccer tournament.Β  I freaked out because I knew my 17 YO daughter had just agreed to Uber back home to our house just west of there.Β  I called home and spoke to my wife -- everyone was safe.Β Β 

Then I woke up to the rest of the story this morning.

As we all have recognized, the guy just defined "beast" for a running back.Β  I used to chat with him every once in a while at the gas station where Dry Creek hits 2222.Β  He was so reserved.Β  Didn't run like it.Β  RIP Ced.

• Like 1

In November 2004 after the Kansas game, I remember talking to CedricΒ and congratulating him on being awesome. Β What most of us remember from that game was VY’s 4th and 18 conversion. Β But it was Benson’s strong and persistent rushing attack that carried the offense and kept us in that game despite the rest of the team basically taking the day off. Β 

Cedric was instrumental in getting us to our first Rose Bowl and making the β€˜04 season the brilliant success that it was (not to mention setting up everything that gloriously followed the next year). Β He was also a good dude who was always kind to me, lowly team videographer thoughΒ I was. Β He remains a Longhorn legend, and he won’t be soon forgotten. Β 

🀘🏻#32

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Midnight, around 10 years agoΒ on W Courtyard Dr, I wasΒ making out with my GF. We'reΒ dry humping on the hood of my Acura. Cedric drives up and says β€œyo, I live right over here (pointing 2 houses away) y’all come over”. Such a kind, bad ass man. Thank you Ced. The planet needs more folks like you.Β 

pic?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, the idoit said:

That State Final against SA MacArthur was transcendent. Have a friend who was a coordinator for Mac. Said they only had two days to prepare due to the other finalist being disqualified and no practice time but it didn’t matter. Ced brutalized them.

Just tragic. Waaaay too young. Sincere prayers for the Benson family, his daughter, the family of his passenger and all who knew them. Rest well, 32. Thanks for the good times and memories. Hook β€˜em.

good to see you around.... let's get some hutchins soon.

22 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Wait what?

Siap...

Tom Herman:Β  "It's an unbelievably sad day with the news of the passing of Cedric Benson.Β  We lost a true Longhorn Legend, one of the best running backs in college football history and a really special man. He was far too young, and my heart aches for his family, friends and the entire Longhorn community. Our thoughts and prayers are with them all."

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Hey you fucking dipshits arguing about motorcycles, take it somewhere else. This isn’t the thread for it.

This. I had a friend that rode an old shovelhead for years. He died when a wall fell on him in a construction accident. Anything is a risk.

Edited by Deej

1 hour ago, NAVY said:

Wait what?Β  Are you telling us Ced fucked your girl?

Ced is cool but when I'm dry humping a girl on the hood of a car the last thing I want is a dude to stop by and invite us over.Β Β 

• Like 1

Just now, Your Mom said:

Wait what?Β  Are you telling us Ced fucked your girl?

Ced is cool but when I'm dry humping a girl on the hood of a car the last thing I want is a dude to stop by and invite us over.Β Β 

Ced did not hump my ride, but we did party with Ced.Β 

He just wanted cool peeps around. Β So down to earth and cool.Β 

• Like 1

~~~~~Ethereal Dreams~~~~~~

The young man bolted out of the tunnel, knowing he was late.Β  He knew he would probably catch hell from the coach, but it didn't matter, his brothers were waiting.

"Where the hell you been, you're late"?Β  Sorry coach, I don't know what happened. "You ready" Coach Royal barked. Yes sir, the young man replied. Well button it up that idiot Moses wants to call a pass play.Β  "What'd you tell him coach"?Β  I told Moses to shut the fuck up... Street's giving it to Ced...

God Bless and hook'em Ced. and Bless you and your family and all who are touched by this..and there are millions....

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 7

21 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Ced did not hump my ride, but we did party with Ced.Β 

He just wanted cool peeps around. Β So down to earth and cool.Β 

So why were you there?

J/K

RIP El Ced. Definitely in my top 3 horns of all timeΒ 

Edited by TankedBevo