Cedric Benson has passed away - RIP 🤘​​​​​​​

TexEx15

4 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Dry humping? Sounds like you needed a closer. Ced just trying to help.

Just driving her hone from Chinese food at some place on 360 next to the Austin Country Club.

Relax thirsty fuckers.  Focus on how Ced 

7 hours ago, Kevin O’Shea said:

RIP Ced. 

I remember he got arrested in Austin a few days before someone set the Texas Governors Mansion on fire. Not sure how/why that sticks with me but for some reason I’ve always liked to think Ced set the mansion ablaze and got away with it. 

Don't know why troll, but I would like to cut a little hole in your stomach, pull out a little gut and stake you to a fire ant mound.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 2

Damn it!   RIP Cedric.  

I recall how excited I was  when we landed Cedric to help solidify what most of us hoped ( and what turned out correct) was a long term up swing in our program.

Some of you young ones on here (I'm 47 for the record and not anywhere close to old fart status) don't have any clue how sucky the period from the mid 80's till the mid 90's was for us.    The downturn under the later days of Mack and Charlie sucked, but at least we didn't kick the can down the road as long as we did during that period with hiring to very mediocre HC who turned out to be a duds.   Sure we had a couple of good seasons including one under  David McWilliams which ended in a butt whopping against the U in Dallas on a cold New Year's day along with a few under John Mackovic.  But for lack a better word, we were modern day aggy.    So heck yes I was excited when we landed Cedric because we were just not attracting the big name in state recruits until Ricky Williams helped put us back on the stage.  

Sad.... Just damn sad! 

• Like 1

WIll was a buddy of mine but I never knew Ced personally. I was always intimidated by Will just by his sheer size and stern personality. Tough seeing him like this (also weird to see him about 50 lbs lighter but I guess it has been about 13 or 14 years). 

Watching the highlights of Ced today that I haven't seen in all these years and damn, I forgot how much of a badass back he was. Just a beast. 

7 minutes ago, Modessit said:

Just heard and read the thread. Was working all day and went to Google and they had it on the top story of things that might interest me. Had to come here to confirm.

So sad. RIP to Ced and his passenger.

Yeah, was away all day with the kids, and get home, and CNN and ESPN both had it as their top stories.

4 hours ago, NAVY said:

Midnight, around 10 years ago on W Courtyard Dr, I was making out with my GF. We're dry humping on the hood of my Acura. Cedric drives up and says “yo, I live right over here (pointing 2 houses away) y’all come over”. Such a kind, bad ass man. Thank you Ced. The planet needs more folks like you. 

you serious?  we lived on courtyard.  moved in 07.

LHN playing 2003 UT/Tech game.  Ced just broke 8 tackles on an 8 yard run. It (and every play the came before it, were amazing.

Yeah, I’m sitting on the porch watching the game still in shock. I’m having a whiskey drink and lifting my glass to CB.
  • Like 2

spacer.png

Watching Ced run over some Aggies right now. Damn hard to know someone who gave it all to the sport and The University he loved is gone in such a tragic fashion. 

Rest In Peace Ced. May your legacy live long and never be forgotten.

Edited by Don Hornleone
Added pic.
  • Like 1