2019 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

14 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Yeah, the TE position is a shit show. Ertz and Kelce were keepers in our 14 team PPR league. Kittle went in the 4th. After that, it's a crap shoot. I ended up taking Hooper in the 11th round.

I paid a lot for Kelce.  But I actually think there are going to be some breakouts this year.  Hunter Henry, OJ Howard and Evan Engrams can all have great seasonal.  I also like Andrews, McDonald and Cook.  

53 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Anyone have any thoughts on Pettis in a ppr format? Rankings still have him pretty high but it doesn’t seem like shannahan is high on him. Not sure what to make of SF’s WR Corp. 

Hell I'm sitting here trying to figure out why Tim Coleman is going so high with both Breida and a recovering McKinnon on the roster.

Seems the only sure thing from SF is Kittle.

Had my 12-teamer 0.5 PPR draft tonight.  Auction was weirder than ever this year ($200 budget). Melvin Gordon went for $65, Chubb went for $60.  Top WR’s went for $60+.  So many guys going for nothing toward the end.

QB - Watson 

RB - Gurley, D. Williams, T. Cohen, Ekeler, Breida

WR - Evans, Lockett, Fitz, C. Samuel, Pettis

TE - Engram 

Fairbairn/Cowboys D

My best values IMO were Watson for $15, Gurley for $47, and Ekeler for $4. Ekeler’s ADP is much lower on NFL.com for some reason so he didn’t get nominated till really late.

12 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Anyone have any thoughts on Pettis in a ppr format? Rankings still have him pretty high but it doesn’t seem like shannahan is high on him. Not sure what to make of SF’s WR Corp. 

FWIW Chris Harris (analyst I like) has him as a “flag player” this year, I.e. a guy he believes in. I took him.

5 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Had my 12-teamer 0.5 PPR draft tonight.  Auction was weirder than ever this year ($200 budget). Melvin Gordon went for $65, Chubb went for $60.  Top WR’s went for $60+.  So many guys going for nothing toward the end.

QB - Watson 

RB - Gurley, D. Williams, T. Cohen, Ekeler, Breida

WR - Evans, Lockett, Fitz, C. Samuel, Pettis

TE - Engram 

Fairbairn/Cowboys D

My best values IMO were Watson for $15, Gurley for $47, and Ekeler for $4. Ekeler’s ADP is much lower on NFL.com for some reason so he didn’t get nominated till really late.

That’s a strong 12 man roster. Like the odds that one of your bench RB’s pops. Might try and get D thompson to handcuff Damien Williams. 

10 team PPR league, 400 bucks a team, so i split with a another person. Had the 2nd pick.

Qb: Mahomes

RB: McCaffrey

RB: Devante Freeman

WR/TE: Adams

WR/TE: Hilton 

Flex: Fournette 

Defense: Cleveland 

Bench: Eckler, Guice, Hunt, Kupp, DJ Moore, Robby Anderson, AJ Green, Will Fuller

Have a waiver to get. Duke Johnson for another running back. It’s going to be hard to pick the WRs each week.

Is your Wr/TE Davante Adams?  2 Top 6 players on many, many boards?

For that entry fee, people should be smarter, but go Team Ocugolf!

Also, fuck leagues who don't require 1 starting TE.  It devalues the draft risk and position scarcity.

Edited by Iceman

3 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

That’s a strong 12 man roster. Like the odds that one of your bench RB’s pops. Might try and get D thompson to handcuff Damien Williams. 

Thought about it, but it's tough to carry handcuffs with a 5-man bench. I ended up getting Breida and Ekeler so dirt cheap, suddenly I I had 5 RB's and needed WR depth toward the end of the draft.  Thompson and Henderson both got drafted. Thompson would have been safer but I kinda like Breida as a sleeper.

handcuffs get dropped a lot since short benches lead to more roster churn, so I might be able to stash him later.

My team in my 10 team keeper league. 

QB – Wentz

RB – Zeke

RB – McCaffrey

WR – Hilton

WR – Ridley

TE – Hooper

W/R/T – Mixon

W/R/T – L. Murray

Bench:

Goff

Guice

M Jones Jr

D Jax

J Brown

K Stills

Damien Harris

Hockenson

I ended up keeping Hilton over Cooper, which I was really torn on. Cooper’s foot scared me a little. I thought they both had comparable upside but Hilton had the safer floor. With the group of RBs I had I wasn’t going to need Cooper’s occasional 30 point games to get me wins, I just needed steady 8-12 points and I thought Hilton was more likely to deliver that. Now I’m stuck watching Jacobey try to sling him the ball. 

Hopefully Guice pops and I can trade one of the top RBs for a top WR.

He's 141 on Fantasy Pros and in the low 90s on others.  Not too much of a stretch..

If I picked later, I would ease my disappointment with Geronimo Allison, whom I believe is damned near criminally underrated at 105.

Edited by Iceman

7 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I don't usually draft 2 QBs, but if I did- he'd be a very viable candidate.

I'm trending his way as in our keeper league, Mahomes, Watson, Mayfield, Wentz, Newton are kept as they were taken late in rounds.

Ryan, Wilson, Brees and Goff are off the board. Only 3 teams without one QB.

You have Rapelesburger, Winston, Kyler, Lamar, Brady, Dak, Rivers, Cousins Trubisky, Allen Garoppolo, Carr, Stafford, Darnold, etc left

So I'm thinking about taking either Lamar > Kyler with my next pick, then getting a stable option like Dak/Rivers/Stafford or even Big Ben later in the draft.

Edit - the current best avail on the google document are Winston, Murray, Jackson.

Edited by MoJames

I'm bullish on TB and Arians.

Evans, Godwin and Oj Howard are definitely on my radar, especially at value( if they drop to me.)

Winston is definitely on my 'watch' list, granted he has that slight issue of the 3-game suspension to work out first.

My question with Jackson and the Ravens is whether or not Ingram is the guy to get that running game going to pull those Safeties down a little for Jackson and the passing game to make a living.

2 hours ago, MoJames said:

How do you guys feel about Lamar Jackson?

The analysts I listen to seem to really like him. High upside, top 5 potential with the rushing numbers.

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

Winston is definitely on my 'watch' list, granted he has that slight issue of the 3-game suspension to work out first.

If you're bullish on TB, good news: that suspension was last year.  He didn't get suspended again, did he? Not seeing any recent news.

12 hours ago, ocugolf said:

10 team PPR league, 400 bucks a team, so i split with a another person. Had the 2nd pick.

Qb: Mahomes

RB: McCaffrey

RB: Devante Freeman

WR/TE: Adams

WR/TE: Hilton 

Flex: Fournette 

Defense: Cleveland 

Bench: Eckler, Guice, Hunt, Kupp, DJ Moore, Robby Anderson, AJ Green, Will Fuller

Have a waiver to get. Duke Johnson for another running back. It’s going to be hard to pick the WRs each week.

Wut? Your league mates suck at drafting. 

Also, what round did Kupp, AJ Green, Mahomes, DJ Moore all go? Seems like you have 8-9 top 50 consensus picks.

Edited by Firemans4Horn

I took Mahomes in the 3rd. Kupp was like Round 7. DJ Moore in the 8th. AJ Green was late because he’s kind of hurt. 

These people draft two QBs pretty early for some reason. Take two defenses and kickers. They have no clue what they are doing. 

23 hours ago, MoJames said:

I just drafted Darwin Thompson in a 12 team ppr keeper league in the sixth round and I pissed off several people who wanted him in a round or two. The rest of the draft is going to be so depressing.

Just took Dare Ogunbowale in the 9th round. To put the league in perspective, my next round pick is Kamara, who was my keeper.

2 hours ago, ocugolf said:

I took Mahomes in the 3rd. Kupp was like Round 7. DJ Moore in the 8th. AJ Green was late because he’s kind of hurt. 

These people draft two QBs pretty early for some reason. Take two defenses and kickers. They have no clue what they are doing. 

Why are people so terrible at drafting paying $400 each for the privilege?

On 8/29/2019 at 3:39 PM, Firemans4Horn said:

Why are people so terrible at drafting paying $400 each for the privilege?

Some people split the cost 10 ways, and they take a vote for each draft pick.  That usually takes up a lot of time so they end up settling for the best player available, which is sadly a QB or an extra defense.  

I want some of that league...LOLz.

We still have guys who pick 2-3 QBs and 2 DST and sometimes even 2 K's, although we have (stupidly) replaced those folks with better owners as they have tired of getting killed every season and quit the league.  "The same guys win all of the time."  No, it's been shuffled up pretty well at the top of our league and we haven't had a repeat winner in 12 years.  It's the bottom that is very consistent...

We still have one guy who picks way too many Cowboys and old dudes who used to be premier players, but he knows who they are.  He'll take Witten and Larry Fitz waaay too early.  Hell, he might still take Romo.

Edited by Iceman

Kenny Stills traded to Texans, and I’m considering picking him up.
I don’t need a stud WR as I roster Thielen, Evans and Boyd.
Please advise.

I would need to drop a sleeper/ breakout late round pick of the following:

Valdez-Scantling / Packers
Keke Coutee / Texans
Anthony Miller / Bears

My concern with Stills is that Deshaun Watson has Hopkins; Fuller IV and Coutee to spread the ball around to. The appeal is Fuller is injury prone, and Stills or Coutee could become the #2.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's about 3-4 rounds early on QB for my taste, but I've seen worse...
I never pick more than one Defense.  There is always opportunity to find one who has emerged or stream versus matchup on the week of your starter's Bye.
Yeah I would agree, but this league is 6 points per passing td, -1 per sack on a QB, and -2 for interceptions, so QBs that score a lot and don't turn the ball over are valuable.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Capn81 said:

Any thoughts on starting Jackson over Rodgers this week at QB? This league that I am in gives bonus points for passing yards over 400 in a game, but also gives the same bonus points (5) for rushing over 100.

Conservative - Go Rodgers, however I just read a stat that he hasn't thrown a TD pass in Chicago since Sept 2015

If you aren't counting on your QB to win you the week, you can go Lamar. I think he has a great season.

So with AB no potentially suspended with the spat going on with his GM, who do you play, Cohen or Valdes-Scantling, with GB @ Chi I'm leaning on Cohen.

• Like 1

Conservative - Go Rodgers, however I just read a stat that he hasn't thrown a TD pass in Chicago since Sept 2015
If you aren't counting on your QB to win you the week, you can go Lamar. I think he has a great season.

So with AB no potentially suspended with the spat going on with his GM, who do you play, Cohen or Valdes-Scantling, with GB @ Chi I'm leaning on Cohen.

I worry about Rodgers having one of those bad games that he has 2-3 times per year. With that being said, I could see the Ravens RBs having a good day that may cut into Jackson’s yardage. I think I will go with Rodgers.

As far as your question, I feel like they both will have equal touches. I would play whichever guy/ team you think will be down and passing more late.