2019 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

If anyone is like me and they have shit options at TE, I’m throwing darts, but i landed on Darren Waller. He was the talk of camp all training camp, and Derek Carr hates throwing downfield. Always has. Jared Cook had a nice season last year on the back of Carr just refusing to throw downfield. This would make a lot more sense if AB doesn’t appeal and he actually misses time, but even if he doesn’t, I think this might be the best of the shitty TE options. 

57 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

If anyone is like me and they have shit options at TE, I’m throwing darts, but i landed on Darren Waller. He was the talk of camp all training camp, and Derek Carr hates throwing downfield. Always has. Jared Cook had a nice season last year on the back of Carr just refusing to throw downfield. This would make a lot more sense if AB doesn’t appeal and he actually misses time, but even if he doesn’t, I think this might be the best of the shitty TE options. 

Who are the other options?

50 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Speaking of, here’s my first question of the season... (.5 PPR) 

Njoku v. Tenn 
Mark Andrews @ Mia

Listening to all the pundits (which can get you in trouble) it is Mark Andrews year.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Who are the other options?

Listening to all the pundits (which can get you in trouble) it is Mark Andrews year.  

As of right now it’s between Kyle Rudolph, Jack Doyle, Eric ebron, and Jordan reed. Options are limited. 

And spy, I’d start Njoku. I like Andrews. He was my target when I didn’t get a top 6 TE. But I need to see it first 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

3 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Ew. Yeah I'd probably go Waller. Is Reed concussed yet?

I ran into a situation where a lot of people started drafting backup TEs when they shouldn’t have, IMO. It’s one thing to draft two guys when your two guys are mark andrews and Greg Olson, but some of these people had top tier TEs. Really fucked my draft strategy of punting the position after the top 6 went. This year more than ever, you gotta get one of those 6 to feel good about the position.

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

I got McCaffrey in the RB spot.  Not sitting him.  I have 4 RB's.

That’s not what he means. 

If you are using a player for Thursday putting them at RB instead of flex leaves you more options for Sunday Incase a player goes down. You would still start Christian in the flex in this scenario. 

That’s not sitting him. If you start Montgomery in flex tonight & McCaffrey gets scratched for any reason between now & Sunday, you only have 2 options to replace him at RB. If you put whitey at flex & he gets scratched, you can replace him with any RB/WR/TE. Just gives more options. 

Edited by spystud13
Late
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

That’s not what he means. 

If you are using a player for Thursday putting them at RB instead of flex leaves you more options for Sunday Incase a player goes down. You would still start Christian in the flex in this scenario. 

Ah, got it.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Three of my TE choices were taken the pick immediately before mine, so I ended up with Ebron and Burton.  I already scrapped Burton for Waller, so I think I may take a flier on him?  Brissett may look Ebron's direction as a safety blanket, but he'll be splitting those chances with Doyle.

Flex (.5 PPR) I got some choices (Shepard @ DAL, Montgomery vs GB, Lindsay @ OAK, Gordon vs PIT).  Think I'm going Montgomery there.  

6 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I have 5 RBs in the top 20 projections and 2 of the top 9 WRs.

Starting Lamar Jackson at QB and the Chargers DST.

I benched Damien Williams for Sony Michel because of matchups.  Hope I didn't overthink it.

Let's go football season!!!

Bold move on Sony, but week one who knows. 

• Like 1

Welp. Dead wrong on the Montgomery advice. But I feel like Nagy went full regard tonight. Mike Davis is a JAG and you spent a 3rd rd pick (their first pick in the entire draft) on Montgomery. Then you talk about him all offseason, you don’t play him in any of the preseason games like you’re treating him like any other starter, and you give him 6 carries? Fuck outta here lol. I was wrong but I stand by this one. Nagy isn’t always dumb, so unless the double doink mentally broke him, I’ll trust that he figures this one out. 

I am worried about Mitch just being bad though. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Montgomery will be fine, he was the only RB that looked good last night. Cohen was much more a slot WR last night. Davis looked bad.

Based on last night the viable options for Chi - Cohen, Robinson, Gabriel and Montgomery. Miller was absent.

GB - Jimmy is gonna be a boom or bust TE based on TDs, Geronimo is droppable as it looks like its gonna be Scantling and Adams. I never draft GB RBs.

These are all panic/over the top recommendations based on one game. :D

8 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Welp. Dead wrong on the Montgomery advice. But I feel like Nagy went full regard tonight. Mike Davis is a JAG and you spent a 3rd rd pick (their first pick in the entire draft) on Montgomery. Then you talk about him all offseason, you don’t play him in any of the preseason games like you’re treating him like any other starter, and you give him 6 carries? Fuck outta here lol. I was wrong but I stand by this one. Nagy isn’t always dumb, so unless the double doink mentally broke him, I’ll trust that he figures this one out. 

I am worried about Mitch just being bad though. 

Montgomery is one of those rookies you draft (not named Zeke or Barkley) who you hope by week 6 is a true RB1. Will be dicey before then. 

21 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Solid start davante. Hopefully it's a tale for things to come.

Fuck fantasy football

Rogers threw a couple ‘at’ Devante that were not really catchable.  He also drew the holding/ DPI call on a double move that would have been a big gain.

Not jumping off the curb yet, but yeah, I was expecting a little more from my #1 pick last night.

I grabbed him too, mainly because he's a fellow recovering addict. My lone sentimental roster move.

Picking up where i left off last season.

Very likely to score 2nd highest in the league this week and get a loss.  That is horseshit and NOT what Fantasy Football is about.  Nothing your opponent does affects your score.

Started Lamar Jackson.  I have Sammy Watkins and Josh Gordon on the bench.

Play better.

1 hour ago, deech said:

3-0.  But have Guice as my sleeper PPR RB in two leagues, Hill in two other leagues.  Can't help but think my Josh Gordon ownership in two leagues is going to suck with AB now in town.  Oh well ----

Gordon looked like a beast. He’ll now have 2nd and 3rd corners on him. If he’s open Brady will get him the ball. 

Edited by Firemans4Horn

22 hours ago, Iceman said:

Picking up where i left off last season.

Very likely to score 2nd highest in the league this week and get a loss.  That is horseshit and NOT what Fantasy Football is about.  Nothing your opponent does affects your score.

Started Lamar Jackson.  I have Sammy Watkins and Josh Gordon on the bench.

Play better.

We've switched to top 4 scoring teams make the playoffs. You can talk shit when you beat your weekly opponent, but that's all you get out of it. Seeding for the playoffs goes according to points scored. 

• Like 1