2019 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

I needed like 27 points from Watson and Fairbairn for my Monday night comeback. Was up two at halftime and feeling great. Then Watson went for like 30 yards and a pick the entire second half, the Houston O-line decided to give up a 15 yard sack every time they sniffed FG range,  and when HOU got the ball with :50 left my lead might have actually shrunk. That first deep throw was butthole clenching. An INT might have put me behind.

14 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Who is everyone trying to pick up on waivers?

anyone have a preference between waller and hockensen?

I’m definitely intrigued by John Brown, who looked like Josh Allen’s clear #1 wr. 10 targets, 7 catches, 120 and a td.

Im also curious to see how this mecole Hardman situation plays out. They drafted him with the idea that tyreek hill might not ever play again, and now that role is open in this ridiculous chiefs offense (or Sammy Watkins role as the wr2, however you want to look at it). Same skill set as hill with his speed.

Waller and Hockenson look like they could be an important part of the TE landscape this year. which is why I punted the position in one league. Shit seems to happen every year.

14 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Tyrell & Desean are the two big ones in my 10-team league. 

I would go Waller of the TEs. 

14 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Yeah, i didn’t bring up desean because he’s owned in most leagues but he’s available in one of my 10 team leagues. I have 2nd waiver priority so I have a good shot of landing him. 

Well that was quite a jinx. 

Did land Waller though. 

Thoughts on WR waivers...

I liked Marquise Brown, but although Lamar had a great game throwing the ball, I just don't trust him to have any consistency (rookie + running QB).  TDs are hard to count on for productions with only 4 catches.

John Brown for the Bills looks great, but their QB is below Wash and Cincy (not by much and maybe not for long).

McLaurin got the targets needed for consistent production and a decent/average QB.  Ross was also a target monster and has a vet QB. 

Hollywood seems like the highest ceiling and floor.  Went with Ross because I have green waiting on the bench (and more targets, vet QB)

Edited by ChickenSandwich

3 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

The most interesting WR pickups to me are John Brown, Marquise Brown, DK Metcalf, Mecole Hardman.  I got John Brown for 15% of my budget (dropped Pettis).  Nobody claimed Metcalf so I dropped MV-Scantling for him.

PPR or standard I think dropping MVS is a mistake.

1 hour ago, Planet Houston said:

Hunter Henry down for the season. Just took a couple of fliers on Virgil Green. 

Schefter said four weeks.  They aren't putting him on IR.  Have him in a small roster league with Delanie Walker.  Debating whether I should completely cut bait.  It's a ten team league though and while he is not one of the big three I liked him. Would have been nice to know this before waivers were processed last night.

2 hours ago, Viper said:

PPR

trying to decide on my RB/WR position this week

M.Gallup @WAS

A.Jeffery @Atl

L.McCoy @Oak

I would think just from a draft capital standpoint, you gotta go with Jeffery, right? Plus, the O/U in that Sunday night game is pretty high if I’m not mistaken. Maybe even the highest of the week, if i had to guess. You want a piece of that game 

4 hours ago, Viper said:

PPR

trying to decide on my RB/WR position this week

M.Gallup @WAS

A.Jeffery @Atl

L.McCoy @Oak

I lean Jeffrey.  McCoy could have a bigger game, but is more a risk in his new time share.  Jeffrey probably puts up 88 yards, 1 TD and 5 receptions.  I don't think Gallup is an option next to the other two.

I need help here.  I need to pick 3 of the WRs listed below to start.

- Diggs vs GB  (Vikings attempted last 10 passes last game.  Feel like Viking/GB is going to be another low scoring boring game like it was against Chicago)

- Ridley vs Philly 

- Landry vs Jets ( Browns looked bad last week and he'll lose touches to OBJ)

- Gallup vs Redskins (Redskins look terrible)

- Desean Jackson vs ATL (Was his 31 pt game last week was a fluke? He's got the speed and Philly has an offense)

- Tyrell Williams vs KC (With Brown gone, he should get targets as they'll probably be playing from behind)

Am I crazy for thinking about benching all 3 of my starters in Diggs, Ridley, Landry for Jackson, Gallup, Williams?

Talk me out of this...

1 minute ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Knock on wood, but you’re dodging a fucking bullet if you’re facing McCaffrey tonight. Most rankings services had him ranked as the #1 rb this week. With 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter and he has 4.8 in half ppr.

As a McCaffrrey owner, fuck this shit.