2019 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

4 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Mccoy would concern me just on the # of touches.

Jones is in a shitty/ inconsistent offense.

I'd lean McCoy, but not by much.

Yea. Not particularly ideal for me, especially since my RB1 (Kamara) shit the bed. 

Third option on my bench I didn’t mention: Jonathan Williams vs TEN. 

On 11/28/2019 at 11:22 AM, The People’s Elbow said:

Brees @ATL or Rodgers @NYG? 

I’m leaning Brees except for his performance (280 yds; no TDs) in the ATL game a couple weeks ago. It was pedestrian from a fantasy standpoint. It’s giving me pause. 

On 11/28/2019 at 1:30 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

Brees. I think this is a get right/revenge game for them and they end up putting up a ton of points. 

My bad. I hope that wasn’t the difference in your fantasy matchup. Two of those 4 tds probably should’ve been Aaron Jones’ but 4 carries from the 2 yard line and in with nothing to show for.

12 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

My bad. I hope that wasn’t the difference in your fantasy matchup. Two of those 4 tds probably should’ve been Aaron Jones’ but 4 carries from the 2 yard line and in with nothing to show for.

No worries. It might be, but it’s really just not my week again... 

Yeah...it was dumb as fuck for me to consider the KC DST...

Meanwhile, my opponent is having his highest scoring week since Wk 1.

Fuck Fantasy Football. Oh and fuck you Aaron Jones and your crapass 6 points on the day.

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

The complete f-ing randomness of fantasy annoys me some years. I’ve got the high points total in the league by 50 or so points with the 3rd team 100+ back. I’m going to lose today by a few points based on the Eagles D shitting the bed and will be out of the playoffs on a H2H tiebreaker. I think I’ve lost 4 weeks where I’ve been the 2nd highest team of the week and played the high points team. It sucks, especially in a high dollar league.

• Like 1

I don't know if I'm out yet- we may have a 4-5 team tie for the final 2 spots, with 4 of us losing this week.

Like you, I am high point for the season, but I have the 2nd most points scored against.  I am down by 42 and have DCook and Pats DST left.

2 hours ago, Brew said:

The complete f-ing randomness of fantasy annoys me some years. I’ve got the high points total in the league by 50 or so points with the 3rd team 100+ back. I’m going to lose today by a few points based on the Eagles D shitting the bed and will be out of the playoffs on a H2H tiebreaker. I think I’ve lost 4 weeks where I’ve been the 2nd highest team of the week and played the high points team. It sucks, especially in a high dollar league.

A head to head tie breaker is really dumb. I’ve never been in a league with anything other than total points scored being the tiebreaker. You can’t control what your opponent does when they play you. You can’t play defense. That seems really dumb.

10 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

A head to head tie breaker is really dumb. I’ve never been in a league with anything other than total points scored being the tiebreaker. You can’t control what your opponent does when they play you. You can’t play defense. That seems really dumb.

That's my whole logic in questioning the playing a traditional head-2-head schedule in the first place.  Yeah, it might be fun for some shit-talking, but nothing your opponent does affects your score. Some people cannot wrap their minds around NOT playing a traditional schedule.

I have not scored below 102 this season.  Our league has teams  with wins of 84, 81, and 78 points,  Just because of who they played.  I had the better week, but get a loss...

Edited by Iceman

2 minutes ago, Iceman said:

That's my whole logic in questioning the playing a traditional head-2-head schedule in the first place.  Yeah, it might be fun for some shit-talking, but nothing your opponent does affects your score. Some people cannot wrap their minds around NOT playing a traditional schedule.

That sounds like the most boring fantasy league of all time. The week to week H2H is half of what makes it fun. I can see doing it in a baseball league, but not football. 

13 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

That sounds like the most boring fantasy league of all time. The week to week H2H is half of what makes it fun. I can see doing it in a baseball league, but not football. 

Then you value the h2h matchup.  It should be the 1st tiebreaker, or why play a fucking schedule?

hell its being top points in the league and not even making the playoffs multiple times that ended up with me stopping playing. 

no bullshit, my first fantasy year back in 1994 with college friends in the league, I was 0-8, yet I had the highest point total in the league by almost 100 points.

I seem to remember that it was something like all but two weeks I was #2 in points and managed to play the #1 in points that week.     It was infuriating. 

• Like 1

I guess ESPN counts ties as half-wins with regard to winning percentage? That’s the only way mine makes sense. I may sneak into the playoffs that way. This is a work league and I think the settings are straight up non-modified ESPN standard from whenever the league was originally setup (no fractional scoring or matchup tiebreaker). It really is a goddamn horrible setup but this is only my third year in this league and I’ve finished second twice, so I can’t complain too much.

a1e49328e0461dbb36fb6a8c8d571dc4.plist

Barring a 29 point game from Dalvin tomorrow, it looks like I should be in. The playoffs are stupid too; 4 teams with 2 rounds of 2-week matchups, ending in week 17. I do at least have the second most points scored overall though.

3 hours ago, Iceman said:

Then you value the h2h matchup.  It should be the 1st tiebreaker, or why play a fucking schedule?

It’s not that I value the head to head matchup. I value the ability to talk shit to my friends, and watch the scoreboard every week heading down the stretch of Sunday and Monday night. To me, that’s what fantasy sports is all about. But it doesn’t really make a ton of sense for someone to have the same record as me but be 200 points behind me, but they make the playoffs because of the H2H matchup where I had my worst game of the season. If there was a way to actually play defense against your opponent, I would say that’s the obvious tie breaker. But points scored just seems most fair. I would never join a Roto style fantasy football league that just kept track of your points. That’s boring. Just my opinion, but that takes all the fun out of it. 

On a different note, WTF do we do with Aaron Jones, guys? He never gets more than like 12 or 13 carries, and he hasn’t been catching passes ever since Adams came back. That was a HUGE part of what made him valuable. I almost feel obligated to start him every week, but I have zero confidence he’s going to do anything for me.

Mainly, I kick myself for not pulling the trigger on this trade about 3 weeks ago:

Aaron Jones and Tyler Boyd

for

Joe Mixon and Edelman

Trade partner was a bit on edge about it and drug his feet after we had agreed; so I got pissed and took it down.  I should have given him all the time he wanted. LOL.

Dude should be so productive in the Packers offense, and has been; but he's damned sure unreliable on a week to week basis.  This weekend was the coup de grace with Jones getting 18 yds on 11 carries( WTF???) and 4rec for 13 yards.  Some dude sitting on the couch could get THAT kind of production...

20 hours ago, Iceman said:

I have not scored below 102 this season.  Our league has teams  with wins of 84, 81, and 78 points,  Just because of who they played.  I had the better week, but get a loss...

I've preached it before: wild card spot(s). It's the best thing our league has ever done. Top 4 spots based on H2H record (with total points being tiebreaker). Last two spots go to the two teams with most points scored who did not make the top 4.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2019 at 5:40 PM, Brew said:

Complete randomness strikes again, another guy ends up losing on Cook’s fumble by a point when he goes out. 3 way tie for 4th then goes to points.

After all of my crying and handwringing, I made it in as the 6seed with a 6-7 record, but still high score for the league.

I also have 1st dibs on waiver wire this week. I have DCook and Mattison is available. JWashington is also available.  Definitely have some decisions to make.  The DCook thing is killing me because they are at the sweetspot in their schedule and he has been autostart all year. I don’t want to pick Mattison only to watch them split the touches opposite of whom I start...

41 minutes ago, Iceman said:

After all of my crying and handwringing, I made it in as the 6seed with a 6-7 record, but still high score for the league.

I also have 1st dibs on waiver wire this week. I have DCook and Mattison is available. JWashington is also available.  Definitely have some decisions to make.  The DCook thing is killing me because they are at the sweetspot in their schedule and he has been autostart all year. I don’t want to pick Mattison only to watch them split the touches opposite of whom I start...

Man, I think if Cook is out you start Mattison without hesitation against the Lions. I was dead wrong on my advice for you last week, but I think he’d end up being someone you can count on. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

So 12 man league. 6 man playoff for winner. 6 man consolation bracket.

Is league loser the loser of the consolation bracket or loser of regular season?

Our "Beer bitch" is the one who got last during the regular season. Teams not in playoffs cannot add/drop. If you are eliminated from playoffs, you cannot add/drop. Consolation is meaningless.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

So 12 man league. 6 man playoff for winner. 6 man consolation bracket.

Is league loser the loser of the consolation bracket or loser of regular season?

4 hours ago, UnivTex34 said:

Our "Beer bitch" is the one who got last during the regular season. Teams not in playoffs cannot add/drop. If you are eliminated from playoffs, you cannot add/drop. Consolation is meaningless.

In my home league, it’s regular season. Then we do a separate cash tourney for the consolation bracket. 

What kind of league (or what size league) are you in where you can still pick up Devante Parker? He’s been on everyone’s list to pick up for the last month, and he’s had at least a respectable performance for like 9 weeks in a row. You’d think someone could’ve used after 5 for 55 and a td against Buffalo 7 weeks ago lol.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

What kind of league (or what size league) are you in where you can still pick up Devante Parker? He’s been on everyone’s list to pick up for the last month, and he’s had at least a respectable performance for like 9 weeks in a row. You’d think someone could’ve used after 5 for 55 and a td against Buffalo 7 weeks ago lol.

It’s not a deep league. Just eight of us. 

On 12/1/2019 at 10:32 PM, spystud13 said:

Who is getting fucked by James White on this garbage drive? 

Or Brady or Edelman? 

I lost $1k on under I had on the game.  But I have Edelman on my team.  Already had the win.  It’s a 2k buy in and points might be difference in tie breaker so I’ll take it.

Last reg season game then 12 team playoffs.  

Had a buddy help manage and offered him 1/3 winnings.  First time in Over a decade playing.  Started like shit but catching fire now.  Good to have a fantasy thread bc god knows nobody wants to hear about any of this bullshit.  

On 12/4/2019 at 7:23 AM, youdunnf'dup said:

This.  

On 12/4/2019 at 9:09 AM, The People’s Elbow said:

It’s not a deep league. Just eight of us. 

Even then, unless you have no flex spot or maybe it’s not PPR?  Hate to be ‘my league is so serious’ guy but that sounds like amateur hour.  

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Tannehill or Murray 

Tannehill 

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Playoff flex help, .5ppr

D Montgomery vs Cowboys

Drake @ Pitt

K Hunt vs Miami

Hunt

41 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Broken record here...

Winston vs IND or 

Darnold vs MIA 

also

Andrews @ BUF or

Waller vs TEN

Winston and Waller

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

This.  

Even then, unless you have no flex spot or maybe it’s not PPR?  Hate to be ‘my league is so serious’ guy but that sounds like amateur hour.  

I‘m not entirely sure what point you’re making. I have a flex spot. I also have Tyreek Hill, Kenny Golladay, Mike Evans, and John Brown, so one of them has consistently been my flex up until a couple weeks ago. 

Edited by The People’s Elbow