2019 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

I have 35pt lead and opponent has Saquon tomorrow.  Feelin pretty good about advancing to league semifinals and guaranteed money winner.

My call of the day was sticking with Aaron Jones( 31pts) after the CBS rankings were screaming that I should start Myles Sanders ahead of him.  

had Tannehill on my bench( LJackson is my starter,) but glad nobody else got his 37 pts today.  Dude has been on fire, but I didn't see that coming.

Edited by Iceman

4 hours ago, Iceman said:

I have 35pt lead and opponent has Saquon tomorrow.  Feelin pretty good about advancing to league semifinals and guaranteed money winner.

My call of the day was sticking with Aaron Jones( 31pts) after the CBS rankings were screaming that I should start Myles Sanders ahead of him.  

had Tannehill on my bench( LJackson is my starter,) but glad nobody else got his 37 pts today.  Dude has been on fire, but I didn't see that coming.

I gotta stop reading that shit. FF analysts are garbage as is the ESPN fantasy app’s projections. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve fallen for their advice against my better judgement only to get fucked on it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Got packers D too.  Don’t think I wanna start em vs Chi now.  Which is odd...

In final four even with Russ not doing much...

Yes you do. Don’t be fooled by the shitty Dallas defense. Mitch is still bad, and he’ll still throw you a few if he gets behind. Start GB with confidence IMO.

Oh man guy had Ertz and Philly kicker.  Ended up 0.3 points short of playoffs in a PPR league.  Until OT the dumbass yahoo tracker had odds pinned at 99% for the guy ahead.  That thing is so worthless.  

Anyways $12k goes to the winner.  Final 4 next week.  I wasn’t too happy bc my 3 seed matchup beats this 1 vs 4 but it’s rare a damn 1 wins it all.  I may as well be the one who slays him.  

Oh man guy had Ertz and Philly kicker.  Ended up 0.3 points short of playoffs in a PPR league.  Until OT the dumbass yahoo tracker had odds pinned at 99% for the guy ahead.  That thing is so worthless.  

Anyways $12k goes to the winner.  Final 4 next week.  I wasn’t too happy bc my 3 seed matchup beats this 1 vs 4 but it’s rare a damn 1 wins it all.  I may as well be the one who slays him.  
Good lord...1k buy in? Id be a nervous wreck every week

12 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

With how the eagles DST was playing a few weeks ago, I had so much confidence in Philly DST vs Miami and NYG. Picked them up early and felt like I was stealing. Boy was I (and all fantasy analysts) wrong.

I streamed them this week and the late sack on Eli coupled with no second half/OT scoring gave me a 0.3 point win.

I played Brady over Brees (or streaming Tannehill which I considered), so it’d have been a long offseason with a loss.

Edited by VolenteHawk

5 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:
10 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Good lord...1k buy in? Id be a nervous wreck every week

2k buy in.  Lol.  Degenerates league

12 teams   I have a buddy managing and giving him 1/3   He spends way more time than I do on it   

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 1

So I haven't popped in here much, but have been kicking ass this season.  I have DeShaun Watson, Christian McCaffrey, and Derrick Henry.  I have left scorched earth in my wake.  That said, in the semis, and DeVante Parker is questionable with a concussion.  My bench WR options are Mike Williams or Curtis Samuel.  Which one should I go with if Parker is out?  

4 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

2k buy in.  Lol.  Degenerates league

12 teams   I have a buddy managing and giving him 1/3   He spends way more time than I do on it   

damn, that's a baller league.  i'd love to join that league.  keep me on your short list if you ever have an opening :) (and i'm sure you probably never do).

my main league is a $500 buy in with a $2500 1st place payout.  we've had most of the same core group for 20+ years and just a few people coming and going and being replaced here and there

Just now, Jack Straw said:

damn, that's a baller league.  i'd love to join that league.  keep me on your short list if you ever have an opening :) (and i'm sure you probably never do).

my main league is a $500 buy in with a $2500 1st place payout.  we've had most of the same core group for 20+ years and just a few people coming and going and being replaced here and there

Actually few people bitching.  May have 1-2 spots open next year.  Will definitely shoot you a PM if so.  Makes red zone some seriously kickass viewing.  

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

So I haven't popped in here much, but have been kicking ass this season.  I have DeShaun Watson, Christian McCaffrey, and Derrick Henry.  I have left scorched earth in my wake.  That said, in the semis, and DeVante Parker is questionable with a concussion.  My bench WR options are Mike Williams or Curtis Samuel.  Which one should I go with if Parker is out?  

I’m going to try to trade my whole team for McCaffrey.  I’ll fill rest in off waivers.  My odds should increase.  I play him.  Sooo...I’m fucked.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Damn, that is baller.  We went from $100 to $500 a couple of years ago.  I never won at the $100 level- losing in the championship by 2 points one year.  Ours is winner-take-all so $5K to the winner.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Damn Marvin won me some games too.  Peace my man.  

Exactly. He was a godsend while Devante Adams and Adam theilan were out for me for most of the season. Still the #15 wr on the year even with all the qb bs going on in Detroit over the last half of the year. RIP Marvin. Your work will not be forgotten.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Can you add/drop or make waiver claims? If so, who’s available? Might be better options. Darius Slayton, Zach Pascal, AJ Brown, Breshad Perryman come to mind.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HiggyBaby said:

Jackson says he’s playing but I snagged Tannehill off waivers just in case.

That's a good idea anyway to keep him from playing against you.  He's got a nice matchup next week and (like this week) will be ranked highly among a bunch of guys that are already owned.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

As a Carson owner, glad penny is taking a break.  

jameis tannehill or Murray?

Without aggy Mike for most of the game, Winston lit up an Indy D last week right after they had held Tannehill to less than 200 yds the previous week.  This week, Winston faces Detroit's pass D that has given up monster points several times the past 2 months.  Full disclosure, I own Winston and he will now shit the bed this week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

As a Carson owner, glad penny is taking a break.  

jameis tannehill or Murray?

I think I lean tannehill but redneck is right. Winston was just fine after he left temporarily with the thumb injury. Winston is matchup proof if he plays. If he plays, he can blow up against literally anyone, and he can bust against literally anyone. He’s the most fascinating fantasy player in my lifetime of playing fantasy football. I’m rolling with him this week and I don’t feel good about it when I watch him. But I have to. The end result usually gives you a top 7 qb 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Winston is matchup proof if he plays. If he plays, he can blow up against literally anyone, and he can bust against literally anyone. He’s the most fascinating fantasy player in my lifetime of playing fantasy football. I’m rolling with him this week and I don’t feel good about it. But I have to. 

raises hand.  for me its winston or wentz.  wentz has the higher floor, but i need the higher ceiling.  i figure winston has a complete bust of a game about 1 of every 4, and he had a bust against jacksonville two weeks ago, so i'm hoping he can hold off on doing that again for at least one more week.

• Like 1

My team is the 6seed and I play the 1seed, fresh off his little bye...

I am favored by 10 LOL.

and it’s hard to imagine how Tannehill would still be available on waivers in any league this week. Dude has been crushing it...and  contenders should be looking to improve their rosters...always. 

Philly d @ Washington 

or 

KC d at home v Denver

I picked up philly’s d for this run, but KC’s d has been playing better lately. Lock has been playing better than Haskins, but I feel like he’s due to come back down to earth a little bit. I think Houston was feeling themselves and didn’t take that game as seriously as they should’ve. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

My team is the 6seed and I play the 1seed, fresh off his little bye...

I am favored by 10 LOL.

and it’s hard to imagine how Tannehill would still be available on waivers in any league this week. Dude has been crushing it...and  contenders should be looking to improve their rosters...always. 

Insane that I wa able to pick him up.  But I think everyone just glosses over his name like you would jameis Stafford or rivers.  

4 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I think I lean tannehill but redneck is right. Winston was just fine after he left temporarily with the thumb injury. Winston is matchup proof if he plays. If he plays, he can blow up against literally anyone, and he can bust against literally anyone. He’s the most fascinating fantasy player in my lifetime of playing fantasy football. I’m rolling with him this week and I don’t feel good about it when I watch him. But I have to. The end result usually gives you a top 7 qb 

Tannehill is steadier for sure but I’m waiting for him to crash at some point.  Jameis has had some ugly games. I picked both up on waivers in back to back weeks. 

honestly picked jameis up to keep him away from my opponent.