2019 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

4 minutes ago, Archer said:

Stuck with a Thursday night decision: Bell against BAL or Freeman against SF. Bell worries me coming off the flu but Freeman has been a disappointment all season. 

I have the same situation.  Even considering starting Gallup instead of both.  That said, I think Bell is the correct play. 

20 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Philly d @ Washington 

or 

KC d at home v Denver

I picked up philly’s d for this run, but KC’s d has been playing better lately. Lock has been playing better than Haskins, but I feel like he’s due to come back down to earth a little bit. I think Houston was feeling themselves and didn’t take that game as seriously as they should’ve. 

Bumping this one before it gets lost in the shuffle. Help a brother out, guys lol. 

On 12/11/2019 at 5:12 PM, Iceman said:

My team is the 6seed and I play the 1seed, fresh off his little bye...

I am favored by 10 LOL.

and it’s hard to imagine how Tannehill would still be available on waivers in any league this week. Dude has been crushing it...and  contenders should be looking to improve their rosters...always. 

I am the 5th seed playing the 1.  I scored the most points in the league but went 5-8 because I had the most points scored against me.  We have two wildcard spots for most points.

I am favored by 10.

Payout is around $2k.  I have won the last two years.  Payouts very because we do free agent bidding and there is no limit on bids.  Whatever you bid is actual cash added to the pot.

a couple of us keep trying to work in a 'keeper' system, even if it is only one player being retained from this season to next.  Some of our guys just don't want to do it.

It's cool.  We've had a fun league since 2002.

We all work together across Texas, talk a lot of shit, and everyone always pays.  LOL.

7 minutes ago, Iceman said:

a couple of us keep trying to work in a 'keeper' system, even if it is only one player being retained from this season to next.  Some of our guys just don't want to do it.

It's cool.  We've had a fun league since 2002.

We all work together across Texas, talk a lot of shit, and everyone always pays.  LOL.

Lmk if a spot opens

14 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I am the 5th seed playing the 1.  I scored the most points in the league but went 5-8 because I had the most points scored against me.  We have two wildcard spots for most points.

I am favored by 10.

Payout is around $2k.  I have won the last two years.  Payouts very because we do free agent bidding and there is no limit on bids.  Whatever you bid is actual cash added to the pot.

This guy in my league was 0-4 at one point.  Ended up squeaking in to the playoffs.    He had the most points.  Other dude started 7-0.   Ended with lowest point total but everyone was scoring 85 pts against him.  

Im a ten point fav in my game.  He’s starting Eli Manning , Sutton , sanders , ok Howard etc.  but anything can happen

1 hour ago, VolenteHawk said:

I’m playing Jackson and Ingram. I chose not Jamison Crowder for my last flex spot.

I’m down 70.

I don’t particularly care for the playoff rounds that are for two weeks, but that scenario is a good case for it

More TE fun this week with Engram out again. (0.5 PPR)

Gesicki @ NYG - Giants have been average vs. TE's but just got donkey punched by Ertz/Goedert last week.

Ian Thomas vs. SEA - Nice matchup (Seattle 3rd worst vs TE's). Olsen ruled out again. Thomas had 10 targets last week.

OJ Howard @ DET - had a nice game last week with Evans out, but still sharing targets with Brate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

Gesicki @ NYG - Giants have been average vs. TE's but just got donkey punched by Ertz/Goedert last week.

Ian Thomas vs. SEA - Nice matchup (Seattle 3rd worst vs TE's). Olsen ruled out again. Thomas had 10 targets last week.

OJ Howard @ DET - had a nice game last week with Evans out, but still sharing targets with Brate.

I’d go with Thomas

2 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

I'm in a very similar predicament. My grab bag of junk looks like this:

• Kaden Smith vs MIA
  • Jacob Hollister @ CAR
  • OJ Howard @ DET

In your case I lean Thomas but it is hard to trust a guy after 1 game. I'd probably rank them Thomas, Howard, then Gesicki.

Probably leaning Hollister, Howard, Smith in my case.

32 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I'm in a very similar predicament. My grab bag of junk looks like this:

• Kaden Smith vs MIA
  • Jacob Hollister @ CAR
  • OJ Howard @ DET

Feels like a toss up between Hollister and Howard.  Hollister will have limited upside if SEA runs 30+ times. Jameis with a gimpy throwing had scares me.

I'd probably lean Hollister because he has the better QB.

Flex one, standard league:

Lockett @ CAR

Metcalf @ CAR

McLaurin vs PHL

I just don’t know what to make of the Seattle receivers these days. I’m leaning McLaurin.

Or go to Waivers and get Darius Slayton.

I’m going with Slayton this week. Miami is 30th in points given up to receivers.

Philly is 31st, but I trust Eli more than Haskins.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

Traded Engram before he got hurt.  James Connor to and AJ green last year.

So Devante Parker officially passed concussing protocol, and he’s gonna be active tomorrow against the Giants. With that being said, am I crazy for considering Fitzpatrick against the giants over winston at the lions (assuming the weather isn’t crazy in NY). I know Winston was throwing footballs on Friday, but I’m getting spooked by his situation. 

So last week, I ignored CBS rating Miles Sanders over Aaron Jones and it paid off with Aaron Jones going for 31pts against the Redskins.\

Jones has had some other monster games this season and they have been followed by weeks with single digit production.  He also faces the Bears DST today.

Sanders faces those same Redskins this week that Jones crushed last week.  Jordan Howard is also not playing, nor is Alshon Jeffrey.  I am leaning starting Sanders.

Whichever guy I pick will go for 8 points and the guy on the bench will have 35...

Trust the roster you built, or start reading into too many indicators?  This time of year drives me nuts, with regard to FF...LOL.

Edited by Iceman

On 12/13/2019 at 5:44 PM, Anton Chigurh said:

I’m going with Slayton this week. Miami is 30th in points given up to receivers.

Philly is 31st, but I trust Eli more than Haskins.

I grabbed Slayton in my semi-final to fill the revolving door of TY Hilton subs.  Had I not done that it would have been Jamison Crowder...but I'm, you know, an idiot.

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

It would be nice if Detroit could do anything on offense so Winston can keep this up. 

It's like they cannot get the ball back to Tampa Bay quickly enough.  It's insane.

My opponent has Jameis and Godwin.

My team is on its way to setting a season high in points and the Bucs are keeping him in the mix.  Fuck that...LOL

On another front, it appears my continued handwringing over Aaron Jones and Miles Sanders is all for naught. Both are doing well today, with Sanders having the upper hand so far.

Woo-hoo!

5 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Well Godwin is definitely out for the rest of the game, and possibly for the season. So there’s that.

Thanks for update. Wow.  and just now the little red cross comes up on our FF scoreboard.

That sucks.  I don't want dudes getting hurt like that.

Edited by Iceman