2019 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

Up fucking 28 points against Mahomes, but I have T. Hill - so I might be ok.  Firs half winding down.  KC kicking on 4th and 4.  Running into the motherfucking kicker.  Now Mahomes throws a TD to Kelce and is on pace to beat me.  

!#$!$#!#@%!#%!#%!#%!#@@%!%!#%!@#$!$#

55 minutes ago, deech said:

Up fucking 28 points against Mahomes, but I have T. Hill - so I might be ok.  Firs half winding down.  KC kicking on 4th and 4.  Running into the motherfucking kicker.  Now Mahomes throws a TD to Kelce and is on pace to beat me.  

!#$!$#!#@%!#%!#%!#%!#@@%!%!#%!@#$!$#

Everyone is eating tonight, except hill. 

So even with Carson going out and Dak/Zeke having terrible games I find myself with a 5 point lead (opponents team really shit the bed). My opponent is done and I have Thielen going tonight. Seems like I’ve got it locked up but yahoo seems to think I still have a 6% chance of losing. So they’re saying there’s a 6% chance Thielen scores negative 5.2 points? So is the play here to put Thielen on the bench and leave the receiver slot empty?

2 hours ago, HiggyBaby said:

That’s exactly why we don’t do week 17. Also thank you Aaron Jones. Just sealed my championship with that touchdown.

Same.  Had to overcome Barkley and Mahomes.   

Third title in a row.   Same league for 20 years.  Need to add up FAAb transactions but payout for first is usually a couple grand. 

Doing no limit FAAb auctions has really goosed our payouts.  

2 hours ago, HiggyBaby said:

That’s exactly why we don’t do week 17. Also thank you Aaron Jones. Just sealed my championship with that touchdown.

Same.  Had to overcome Barkley and Mahomes.   

Third title in a row.   Same league for 20 years.  Need to add up FAAb transactions but payout for first is usually a couple grand. 

Doing no limit FAAb auctions has really goosed our payouts.  

Can I just vent for a moment about the potential absurdity of fantasy football?

I dominated my big $ league all year, losing in the last two weeks to the #2 and 3 teams by less than 5 points, but still out scoring the field by 20+ points. That put me in the 3 seed but I was still poised to dominate in the playoffs.

Enter week 14, where 3 of the top 4 teams, routinely scoring 130+ each week, scored under 85 points, thus allowing four 6-7 teams to advance to the semi finals.

4d2ebb1f78a09f07d014f6127ccae762.jpg

The guy who won the league, for a 5k payout mind you, had the second lowest total points for the season.

c67e1fbc59bc1702abec59084fbb5a7b.plist

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

I dominated my big $ league all year, losing in the last two weeks to the #2 and 3 teams by less than 5 points, but still out scoring the field by 20+ points. That put me in the 3 seed but I was still poised to dominate in the playoffs.

Enter week 14, where 3 of the top 4 teams, routinely scoring 130+ each week, scored under 85 points, thus allowing four 6-7 teams to advance to the semi finals.

The guy who won the league, for a 5k payout mind you, had the second lowest total points for the season.

emoji2961.pngemoji2961.pngemoji2961.png

Don't join a league that diminishes the regular season by not providing a bye and making an eight team playoff.   Should have been:

1.  Bigg Ballers - BYE

2.  Scoring Lizzards - BYE

3v.6, 4v5 

You still lose in the first round of the playofffs, but I suspect the 1 seed and 2 seed do better.

22 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

emoji2961.pngemoji2961.pngemoji2961.png

Yeah if you’re in a 12 team league it’s pretty standard to either have a 6 team playoff where the top 2 records have a bye week, or to just do a 4 team playoff. 8 teams seems absurd, especially if there’s no real advantage to finishing anywhere between 1 and 8. I don’t think I’d join a league like that.

11 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

Essentially Mostert (me) vs Gould (opp) for the championship tonight.

Gould had 8 points quickly but that Mostert score has me up by 5.

You need to tell your commissioner that the season should end on week 16. NFL week 17 is notoriously awful for fantasy football with top players around the league sitting. 

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

You need to tell your commissioner that the season should end on week 16. NFL week 17 is notoriously awful for fantasy football with top players around the league sitting. 

That’s an August discussion, not Dec/ Jan. 

On 12/27/2019 at 7:13 PM, HiggyBaby said:

Same. Anyone doing a playoff league? How’s that work? Trying to find one.

we are looking to do one for the first time - 4 teams, with limited rosters, for the playoffs.  anyone know a decent site that would host such a thing? 

• 2 weeks later...