2019 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

2 minutes ago, HiggyBaby said:

Feeling pretty good about Hooper in for Adams assuming he sits. Anyone buying the hype on John Brown this week? Trying to decide if he’s worth swapping out with Allen Robinson. Both seem about the same caliber to me.

I’m 100% buying the hype, especially this week. But it would be hard for me to sit Robinson. He’s been so consistent. 10 targets a game, and yes I know they’re Mitch targets, but Mitch basically locks in on Robinson. He’s had at least 6 catches  in all but one game, double digits in half ppr all but two weeks (one was 9 points). I think brown has a lot more upside this week, but Robinson is pretty safe. So that’s a long winded way of saying it depends on what you need.

5 hours ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

So desperate for RB and traded for Mixon.  Can I start him this week over Metcalf? Standard league.  Last couple weeks have been terrible. 

I’d definitely go Metcalf against the falcons over Mixon. Curious to know what you gave up for Mixon though. I’m in a similar spot and I was going to throw out an offer to that owner when Mixon is on his bye next week. I don’t really have any faith in him this year, but I’m hoping the bengals pull their head out of their ass and at least give him more targets than he’s been getting

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’d definitely go Metcalf against the falcons over Mixon. Curious to know what you gave up for Mixon though. I’m in a similar spot and I was going to throw out an offer to that owner when Mixon is on his bye next week. I don’t really have any faith in him this year, but I’m hoping the bengals pull their head out of their ass and at least give him more targets than he’s been getting

I gave up Juju.   Our league hoards RBs and I'd claimed Juju off waivers this week. 

53 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Kamara out, as expected.  Guess I'm rolling with Lindsay and Ty Johnson.  Sitting David Montgomery, who will inevitably blow up today.

Montgomery has a good matchup so that wouldn’t be shocking, but you made the right call IMO. I would feel pretty dumb if I started Montgomery this week and Mitch trubisky ended up throwing 50+ times again.

9 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Down 2 with Kelce and he drops a wide open TD. 

And on the flipside of that, buddy was down 5 coming into tonight, had to choose between Damien or Mark Walton tomorrow. He chose Damien & was hating life until he finally fucking stepped on the field that drive. 

Dirty game, this fantasy is.

Edited by spystud13

8 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Aaron mother fucking Jones

I had 83% chance of losing this weekend until Aaron Jones did his thing.  I about lost my mind when they took the 60 yarder down earlier.  I was watching Astros and checking in on commercials, so I didn't catch any details.

Now I need 24 points out of Rudolph, coming off of a bye on a nice, clear Autumn night in the Steel City against the Dolphins.

I now have a 48% chance of winning for the week, LOL. 

Edited by Iceman

I joined a new league this year.  I didn't see this in the rules but apparently all add /drops end at 11:55am on Sunday.  I had the RB for Miami that was traded to Arizona and didn't have anyone else to play in his spot.  I attempted to pick up a player but discovered this rule and it wasn't allowed.  I ended up losing by 1 point.

I have played fantasy football for almost 20 years now and have never been in a league where this was a thing.  I was wondering how many of you play in leagues with a rule like this.

3 hours ago, TexasGary said:

I joined a new league this year.  I didn't see this in the rules but apparently all add /drops end at 11:55am on Sunday.  I had the RB for Miami that was traded to Arizona and didn't have anyone else to play in his spot.  I attempted to pick up a player but discovered this rule and it wasn't allowed.  I ended up losing by 1 point.

I have played fantasy football for almost 20 years now and have never been in a league where this was a thing.  I was wondering how many of you play in leagues with a rule like this.

I’ve never played in a league like that, but I’ve played in a league with some funky rules. I’m curious to know the purpose of that rule is though. Doesn’t really make sense.

I was in a similar situation a few years ago where I didn’t read the rules and it cost me a win. In this league, the rule was you had to have an active player in each position by the start of the Monday night game, or else it was an automatic disqualification/loss. Not a big deal if you know the rule, but in my situation I was up 1 point with my defense left to play on Monday night and my opponent was done. I sat my defense because of the 1% they might get negative points. They scored 12 points...on my bench. And I lost because I didn’t read the rules carefully. 

5 hours ago, TexasGary said:

trade deadlines, but never a "add/drop cutoff."

FWIW, I lost by 1 point this week too.  If Rudolph connects on EITHER of the 2 long pass attempts on the 2nd to last drive, I win.  148 points and a loss...that sucks.  I had Lamar Jackson on a BYE and Danny Dimes is the only QB I could have streamed for the win.  I still had my chances, despite Rudolph's horribad 1st quarter.

Also, all 3 teams in the league that were 1-6 won this weekend.  That was weird.  The worst record in the league is now 2-6 with 5 to go.  Nobody in our 12 team league is out of the playoff chase, at least mathematically speaking...  I still have the most points in the league and am 4-4.  Fuck fantasy football.

Edited by Iceman

7 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I’ve never played in a league like that, but I’ve played in a league with some funky rules. I’m curious to know the purpose of that rule is though. Doesn’t really make sense.

I was in a similar situation a few years ago where I didn’t read the rules and it cost me a win. In this league, the rule was you had to have an active player in each position by the start of the Monday night game, or else it was an automatic disqualification/loss. Not a big deal if you know the rule, but in my situation I was up 1 point with my defense left to play on Monday night and my opponent was done. I sat my defense because of the 1% they might get negative points. They scored 12 points...on my bench. And I lost because I didn’t read the rules carefully. 

I actually did ask the commissioner "Why would you do that?  What is the purpose?" and he said that that's just the way its been since the league started.

4 hours ago, Iceman said:

trade deadlines, but never a "add/drop cutoff."

FWIW, I lost by 1 point this week too.  If Rudolph connects on EITHER of the 2 long pass attempts on the 2nd to last drive, I win.  148 points and a loss...that sucks.  I had Lamar Jackson on a BYE and Danny Dimes is the only QB I could have streamed for the win.  I still had my chances, despite Rudolph's horribad 1st quarter.

Also, all 3 teams in the league that were 1-6 won this weekend.  That was weird.  The worst record in the league is now 2-6 with 5 to go.  Nobody in our 12 team league is out of the playoff chase, at least mathematically speaking...  I still have the most points in the league and am 4-4.  Fuck fantasy football.

I had 111 points with Kenyan Drake to go on Monday night.  My opponent had 96 points with Smith-Schuster to go.  Schuster was worth 16 in our league so final score 112 - 111.

I had Ezekiel Elliott on a bye.  That also would have been 4 wins in a row. 

Start one RB? The fuck? 

No I wouldn't do that. Look at Season to date points. Guarantee you Jones is top 5 in RB. He's worth more than that in my opinion.

Who are the top 3 guys next year, PPR format? I'm giving up and trying to get my keeper for next year's draft. I'm thinking Saquon, Zeke and CMc right? I have Bell, Conner, Tyreek and Amari. Offering a RB and a WR. Unfortunately we are approaching Week 9 and those guys haven't all played on the same weekend yet with the exception of a few snaps.