2019 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

2 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Waller vs CIN

Andrews vs HOU

Any thoughts on David Montgomery status?  Missed practice Thur, limited Fri, safe to roll with him for SNF? Hate to get the rug pulled out if he gets scratched late. 

Andrews 

and man, I’d go with someone else if you can. He didn’t practice on Thursday, was limited on Friday, and he’s a game time decision most likely. Plus, he’s going up against a good run d and even if he does play, who knows if he actually gets a full workload 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Andrews 

and man, I’d go with someone else if you can. He didn’t practice on Thursday, was limited on Friday, and he’s a game time decision most likely. Plus, he’s going up against a good run d and even if he does play, who knows if he actually gets a full workload 

Thanks.  Pains me to consider running Lindsay out there against the Vikings. Picking up Ty Johnson or Mostert are my other shitty options. 

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Andrews 

Thanks.  Pains me to consider running Lindsay out there against the Vikings. Picking up Ty Johnson or Mostert are my other shitty options. 

1 hour ago, Redneck Mutha said:

I’m in a similar spot. I’ve started some combination of Aaron jones, devante Freeman, Sony Michel, and David Montgomery all season in one league. Jones is one bye, Freeman is hurt, and I have to start Michel (not too happy about that). I’m probably going to have to pick up Raheem Mostert and start him, because I think Montgomery ultimately misses this game, but even if he doesn’t, I don’t feel good about starting him. I’m just gonna roll the dice with Mostert and hope for the best. 

I don’t know who else out there was forced to start Kyle Allen, but my god, man. My opponent is shitting the bed, and Kyle Allen is the only reason I’m going to end up losing today. 2nd time this year I’ve made this mistake for some reason. You’d think I would’ve learned the first time. He has 7 combined turnovers in the two games I started him, and this game isn’t over lol.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Just now, spystud13 said:

Highly doubt most Mahomes owners are pissed. Two missed games don’t detract from his season much. 

I guess, but even in 3 of the games he’s played he’s scored 20, 18, and 9 (the game he got injured). So for 5 weeks you didn’t get anywhere close to a positional advantage for a qb that you drafted in the 2nd round probably. 

13 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

He’s been perfectly fine for his draft spot. 

Ha solid point. I just hate using a draft spot that high on a qb. I’ve only done it like twice, and I’ve been burned pretty badly both times (hurt Rodgers and old washed Peyton Manning). Kind of crippled my teams those years. 

See? 

I didn’t pick him up but nice call. This week was non issue for me. Playoffs made already and nothing changes win or lose. I did win though, thanks in no small part to BAL defense. And Lamar Jackson lol. With three starters benched thanks to SEA and GB byes, decided to fart around with the two Redskins playmakers on waivers, McLaurin and Guice. Even with Haskins starting McLaurin showed something. And I like Guice. Almost had a second score. He won’t get the starting role but I think he’ll be just fine coming off the bench for me. Next week I may take a hard look at Andrews or Rudolph for TE if still available.

Ha solid point. I just hate using a draft spot that high on a qb. I’ve only done it like twice, and I’ve been burned pretty badly both times (hurt Rodgers and old washed Peyton Manning). Kind of crippled my teams those years. 

Picked Wilson at 6 and Jackson at 8. Worked out great for me. Was able to parlay Wilson into a late season trade for Locket, as WR has been a weak area for me . Just hope Lockett heals over the bye lol.

I screwed myself this week since Russ was on a bye and I didn't trust Kyler against the Niners.  Tried to pick up Carr on waivers but didn't get him.  At that point, should have just stuck with Kyler.  Nope, picked up Kyle Allen and was rewarded with 5.7 pts.  Kyler would have gotten me 26.7.

Anyone else play in a Yahoo league? They apparently let you cut someone AFTER they’ve already played. That is a fucking massive loophole I’ve never seen before. Dude cut Latavius (on his bench, but still should have been locked) after the NO game last night to pick up a player for tonight. 

3 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Anyone else play in a Yahoo league? They apparently let you cut someone AFTER they’ve already played. That is a fucking massive loophole I’ve never seen before. Dude cut Latavius (on his bench, but still should have been locked) after the NO game last night to pick up a player for tonight. 

apparently that is a setting. I'm in a 16 person work league, and its a free for all. Can drop at any time, also there are no waivers, so anyone can pick up someone at any time. Great if you are paying attention to games.

However, my ESPN league was on Yahoo one year, and this setting was disabled, so I'm guessing it is something you can turn off/on.

2 hours ago, spystud13 said:

Of course he gets hurt in the first half & both his backups score. 

Of course. I picked up LeSean McCoy last night and have him on my bench right now. Even better: he may also now have a concussion. 

Football gods are cruel tonight. 

Edited by The People’s Elbow
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, spystud13 said:

fuck that...   it eliminates part of the risk/ strategy in setting your lineup.

I hope your league ain't for money...

The game is frustrating enough without fucked up shit like that going on.  My son(26) moved in August and joined a league with co-workers at his new location.  He gets 2 weeks in and realizes they have some fucked up bonuses for QB passing attempts and instead of having bonus tiers for 100yds rushing or 100yds receiving, they use all purpose yards.  Even then, at least it's the same for everyone.

That add/drop horseshit is unbalanced roster equity/ value.

Well I need Mahomes and Damien Williams to stay under 32 total. Wasn't expecting them to. Then Damien went out and with 1 point and was fully expecting Mahomes to go off in the 2nd half. He only ended up with 15, so ended up winning. This doesn't jive with my previous luck in this damn game.

• Like 1