2019 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

I might have had one of the worst fantasy weeks ever.  I actually have a pretty decent team and sitting 3rd in my league with 3rd highest point total.  Russ Wilson, Saquon, Josh Jacobs, Sutton did nothing.  Golladay was my high scorer at 10.10 and the only person who broke double digits.  Thought Jaylen Samuels against the Bengals was going to be huge with Conner out, but of course not.  Was just a perfect storm of shit.

I might have had one of the worst fantasy weeks ever.  I actually have a pretty decent team and sitting 3rd in my league with 3rd highest point total.  Russ Wilson, Saquon, Josh Jacobs, Sutton did nothing.  Golladay was my high scorer at 10.10 and the only person who broke double digits.  Thought Jaylen Samuels against the Bengals was going to be huge with Conner out, but of course not.  Was just a perfect storm of shit.
Man you really suck

On 11/24/2019 at 12:30 PM, The People’s Elbow said:

Fuck it. Just not my day. Considering my league is a blood bath and 8-4 and first place going into the playoffs is what it is. 

Your team sounds like mine.  I was 8-2 and 20 pts off the points leader going into week 10.

Week 10:

Watson dud

Tyreek injury

Damien Williams injury

OJ Howard goose egg (Engram hurt/on bye)

Steelers DST dud

Week 11:

Lockett 1 catch

Had to start Gallup due to byes - dud

Evans quiet

Hollister dud (my injury fill in for Engram)

Almost half my team in those fantasy wasteland Eagles/Seahawks and Cowboys/Pats games.

Now I'm 8-4 and probably gonna be like 100+ points off the lead. Fortunately with our wild card system, I don't think I'll miss the playoffs, but I really wanted that bye. This is year 10 of this league, I've never won it, and never even earned a bye.

Edited by CurlyDumps
  • Like 1

Hahahahaha. Kupp’s garbage time catches put me ahead by 1.5. 

He lets it slip through his hands and it’s intercepted by my opponents defense and I lose by .5. 

Lololol. 

Cook’s garbage time catches snatched my victory into a 2 pt defeat. And fuck me for starting Carr over Garrapolo.

Thoughts on WR for a start this week? My roster:

- Tyreek Hill

- Mike Evans

- Kenny Golladay

- John Brown

- DK Metcalf

- Deebo Samuel

I’ll almost certainly start Hill and Evans, though the former is still a potential injury question mark and I’m not wild about the latter’s match-up against Jax.

Golladay doesn’t have a quarterback and John Brown’s matchup against Dallas seems like a trap. 

Maybe I’m getting too cute, but Deebo looks attractive as I expect the SF/Bal game to be high scoring. 

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

you have one roster spot to stash a RB.

Dalvin Cook and Aaron Jones are your starters. Decent depth behind them.

Rashaad Penny, Benny Snell, and Gus Edwards are available.

Pick one...and why?

Benny Snell because who knows when Connor is coming back, and snell had 21 carries last game. 

• Like 1

yeah, they beat the fuck out of Seattle, but Philly's offense wasn't having it...LOL.

I agree with you on Snell, but did like what i saw of Penny against PHI, see also- very low carries for the season and is gaining some momentum in a good offense.  the reason i would consider Edwards is also because of the offense in which he plays.

Edited by Iceman

43 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Also, if you’ve been streaming defenses all year and they’re still available, go pick up Philly. You probably should’ve done it last week, but there schedule likes up perfectly until week 16 (championship week). 

Their*

lines*

I don’t proofread anything...

Edited by youdunnf'dup

On 11/26/2019 at 10:24 PM, The People’s Elbow said:

Thoughts on WR for a start this week? My roster:

- Tyreek Hill

- Mike Evans

- Kenny Golladay

- John Brown

- DK Metcalf

- Deebo Samuel

I’ll almost certainly start Hill and Evans, though the former is still a potential injury question mark and I’m not wild about the latter’s match-up against Jax.

Golladay doesn’t have a quarterback and John Brown’s matchup against Dallas seems like a trap. 

Maybe I’m getting too cute, but Deebo looks attractive as I expect the SF/Bal game to be high scoring. 

Golladay already with 2 rec, 100 yds and a TD after the first quarter. That’s 18pts. 

Of course he’s on my bench because Detroit‘s starting third string rookie David Bloughe today. 

Fuck. 

Edited by The People’s Elbow

2 hours ago, The People’s Elbow said:

Brees @ATL or Rodgers @NYG? 

I’m leaning Brees except for his performance (280 yds; no TDs) in the ATL game a couple weeks ago. It was pedestrian from a fantasy standpoint. It’s giving me pause. 

Brees. I think this is a get right/revenge game for them and they end up putting up a ton of points. 

1 hour ago, Stunns38 said:

My team in one of my leagues is named “Da Bears”. So I sat Robinson and Montgomery this week. Of course they burn my ass for 35 pts. I deserve that.

I got lucky and started Montgomery over Sutton in a last minute switch.  That late TD probably made it a good (lucky) decision. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lurch said:

Help please...

Alshon Jeffery v Miami
Or
Jarvis Landry v Pitt

PPR league

Jarvis for sure. He’s quietly been a top 10 fantasy wr. I’m not sitting that.

16 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Andrews vs SF (gives up fewest points to TE)

Waller @ KC  (gives up 6th most points to TE)

also

Winston @ JAX

Darnold @ CIN

Waller now that Renfrow is out (he was the main guy stealing his targets), and that qb question is fucking tough this week. 

• Like 2

I am considering starting Chiefs DST at home, coming off of a Bye vs Oakland over a dinged up Patriots DST on the road at Houston.

Is this pure idiocy, overthinking an 'auto-start,' or being pro-active to game/ team  conditions/match-up???

27 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I am considering starting Chiefs DST at home, coming off of a Bye vs Oakland over a dinged up Patriots DST on the road at Houston.

Is this pure idiocy, overthinking an 'auto-start,' or being pro-active to game/ team  conditions/match-up???

I’d stick with the pats unless there’s a better option out there than KC. Maybe the chargers d or the jets d (unless you believe that Andy Dalton will light it up today). I just see Oakland trying to run it down their throat, slowing the game down, avoiding turnovers for the most part

20 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Need WR help. Desperation time. 

E Sanders (rib) at Ravens

Pascal vs Tenn (Hilton out)

J Washington vs CLE

D Slayton vs GB

.5 ppr

Slayton. Engram is still out and Golden Tate is out this week. He should see plenty of targets

Edited by youdunnf'dup