2019 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

Need Mack to score 11.7 or less in PPR league to knock off number one and head to finals.  Survived my 2 horses getting dinged up carrying my ass this far.  Edelman and Henry.  And POS Rams got Z one point.  Or I’d have it in the bag.  Rest of my guys went off thankfully.  $12k still in play

Edited by ChiTownDoc
PPR

Damnit, I was sitting fine with the games all wrapped up other than Atl/SF and Dal/LAR. Then Atl manages to score 13 points with 2 seconds remaining (5 point swing for SF D) and Kupp picks up 30ish yards and a TD on LAR’s garbage time TD drive for 9 points. I go from needing 10 points from Brees tomorrow night to 24 in the snap of a finger. Fucking sucks, especially when Minnesota’s D and their 27 points was on my bench today and Brees was on my bench last week for his 39 point game.

5 minutes ago, HornPhD said:

Kupp’s TD put me over the top (+6) with only the Bills D left to go for me (they can’t score lower than -4 in this league) in a semi-final game vs the two-time defending champ. Zeke was huge for me; however, it was lucky that I picked up Forbath yesterday. 

Dropped Miami K for Zuerlein last second bc of 28mph gusts at NY.  Dallas K or Z was coin toss.  Any of the 3 but Z and I’m very comfortable.  I guess I’m lucky to sweat out a Mack avg game and head to finals.  Losing bc of a K change will be rough to live with.  

4 hours ago, Brew said:

Damnit, I was sitting fine with the games all wrapped up other than Atl/SF and Dal/LAR. Then Atl manages to score 13 points with 2 seconds remaining (5 point swing for SF D) and Kupp picks up 30ish yards and a TD on LAR’s garbage time TD drive for 9 points. I go from needing 10 points from Brees tomorrow night to 24 in the snap of a finger. Fucking sucks, especially when Minnesota’s D and their 27 points was on my bench today and Brees was on my bench last week for his 39 point game.

I had SF defense and Gurley against my opponent's Zeke in a very close matchup. For a few minutes I thought I was going to lose on Gurley's dropped gimme 2-pt conversion. Then the Cowboys were offside and of course they hand it to Gurley to punch it in on the ground. Also breathed a big sigh of relief when the Cowboys 2nd team offense came out on the field. Thought some garbage yards by Zeke were going to kill me.

Yeah fuck fantasy football almost fucked me yesterday with that bullshit Dallas/LA matchup.

I’m predicted to win by 20 plus points (I’m number 1 seed and the 6th seed managed to win an upset last week) and everything is going to plan except Melvin Gordon shitting all over himself.

But still hold a comfortable ~15 point lead with 6 minutes left in the Cowboys game. I have Dak & Zeke and my opponent has Goff & Cooks. Was sweating a Cooks TD reception then Gurley punches it in and drops the 2 point try. Whew, 3 mins left ok should be done. Then Dallas rightly so leaves Dak & Zeke on the bench. Nbd until Pollard scores a TD on like the next play. Mother fucker. Goff throws a TD to drop my lead to 2 pts. If Cooks had held onto that 2 pt try I would have lost. So dumb.

37 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Those of you in the finals are you guys angling to split?

I would never consider doing something like that. Even if I was the clear underdog. 

On a different note, what are you guys doing with Jameis this week? No Godwin and no Evans, but I bet he still throws 40-50 times, playing a Houston team that’s probably going to score points, and they can be scored on. It seems crazy, but I think you have to keep starting him, right?

nope.  i am in 4 leagues - playing in the championship in 2 of them, playing for 3rd place in the other 2.   i figure most people would probably feel pretty good about those results, but i feel disappointed.  so no way i am going to split anything if i win either or both of the two i am in the finals for.  

*to answer the above Q, i am sticking with Winston in one of the championships this week - he got me here (not without a good amount of heartburn), so sticking with him.

33 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I would never consider doing something like that. Even if I was the clear underdog. 

On a different note, what are you guys doing with Jameis this week? No Godwin and no Evans, but I bet he still throws 40-50 times, playing a Houston team that’s probably going to score points, and they can be scored on. It seems crazy, but I think you have to keep starting him, right?

I had him on the bench.  But yea I think I’m starting him next week over tanny and Murray 

Yeah I'm almost certainly sticking with Jameis. He pretty much saved my season after I drafted that bum Goff to be my #1. It's definitely a concern but seems like they kept throwing even after Godwin went out.

Breshad Perriman is definitely pickup of the week. Howard and Brate probably also very good plays.

Made the championship for the second year in a row. One of the moves that I made that paid off was picking up Tannehill when Rivers had a bye week. Dude has balled out in place of Marriota. Every week he has put up numbers. I ended up placing Rivers on the bench and not even going to think about putting him back. Although I still start Keenan Allen. Buffalo's defense was fucking solid last night for me giving me 19 points.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

MFer, I missed Godwin getting hurt. Brees pulled out a W for me so on to the championship. Now with Godwin out I have to find a WR because I have zero backups. I’ve rolled with Godwin, Adams, and Parker all year and just picked up a scrub for the bye weeks and Adams injury time.

Mack under 11.7 gets me at least that $5k second place money.  Fuck splitting.  But I may hedge myself by playing Mack ‘Yes’ TD for 1000 At +120.  Don’t see him hitting 11 points w no TD

Easy money.
MFer, I missed Godwin getting hurt. Brees pulled out a W for me so on to the championship. Now with Godwin out I have to find a WR because I have zero backups. I’ve rolled with Godwin, Adams, and Parker all year and just picked up a scrub for the bye weeks and Adams injury time.

Perriman. He’s a scrub but Jameis has to throw to SOMEBODY this week. Ten plus targets feels like a lock.

27 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Easy money.

Perriman. He’s a scrub but Jameis has to throw to SOMEBODY this week. Ten plus targets feels like a lock.

Better to be lucky than good.  I also was only able to put $200 on Mack 'yes' TD because of prop limits LOL.  A good day.  My matchups are pure shit next week.  I'll take the second place money and run. 

In the final as well.  Only change I'm planning on making is dropping Buffalo's D against the Pats and [picking up the Steeler's D against the Jets.

Starting lineup 

QB- Watson

WR 1- DeVante Parker

WR2- Mike Williams

RB- D. Henry

TE- A. Hooper

Flex- McCaffrey (yeah boy, kicking ass)

D- Pitt

K- Prater

S- Honey Badger

LB- Kuechly

BN- WR-: McLaurin, OBJ; RB- Montgomery; QB Goff

Any suggested changes to starters (I don't think so but interested in opinions).

In the final as well.  Only change I'm planning on making is dropping Buffalo's D against the Pats and [picking up the Steeler's D against the Jets.
Starting lineup 
QB- Watson
WR 1- DeVante Parker
WR2- Mike Williams
RB- D. Henry
TE- A. Hooper
D- Pitt
K- Prater
S- Honey Badger
LB- Kuechly
Any suggested changes to starters (I don't think so but interested in opinions).

I’d give some thought to Mclaurin over Williams, esp against the Giants and with Guice out. But other than that pretty solid.

It probably won’t matter, but if the Bills find a way to beat the Pats, the Ravens have home field throughout the playoffs locked up. The Bills v Pats game is Saturday and the Ravens play on Sunday. No way the ravens just sit their starters, but I wonder if they would only play them for a half if the starters look really good and they have a two score lead? 

I’m facing Lamar Jackson, so a guy can dream, right lol?

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

Starting lineup 

QB- Watson

WR 1- DeVante Parker

WR2- Mike Williams

RB- D. Henry

TE- A. Hooper

D- Pitt

K- Prater

S- Honey Badger

LB- Kuechly

I second examining McLaurin v Williams

Edited by HornPhD
HiggyBaby beat me to it

2 minutes ago, HornPhD said:

Check the rankings on fantasypros for consensus rankings 

Yeah, Williams and McLaurin are pretty close, but Mc is a little higher.  I have the #2 QB, #2 and #5 RB, and #7 WR (DeVante Parker) who I picked up midseason.  Chalk says I should win this going away.  But that doesn't mean I will.

12 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

It’s so funny thinking about all the players that have kind of broken out now that they aren’t handcuffed by the ineptitude of Adam gase. Devante Parker, Ryan Tannehill, Kenyon Drake lol. You can’t tell me it took Ryan Fitzpatrick to unlock Parker’s talent. That’s Adam gase being incompetent.

Adam Gase to OC for Texas?

7 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Starting lineup 

QB- Watson

WR 1- DeVante Parker

WR2- Mike Williams

RB- D. Henry

TE- A. Hooper

D- Pitt

K- Prater

S- Honey Badger

LB- Kuechly

I have Parker and Henry - Henry scares hell out of me vs NO but what choice do we have?  Personally, I have B. Scott on bench who caught 7 balls last week.  I also have to Bench Edelman but can flex Waller and still keep Higbee at TE.  My situation looks like shit...which means I have a good shot.  Fucking fantasy...

No information on Cook or Mattison is killing me. I’m in my league’s championship game and have Mattison; however, the guys on my bench could help my opponent. 

My starters (PPR):

Watson

Zeke

Gordon

Edelman

Kupp

Kelce

AJ Brown

James White

Bench:

Singletary, Boyd, Kirk, Slayton, Mattison  

On the waiver wire, I’m dropping Singletary to pick up Boone, Perriman, or Denver’s D.

If I get Boone or Perriman, who do I drop to pick up a D?

Alright, in champ game but my receivers are now a shit show thanks to Mike Evans and Adam Thielen injures (those were my 2nd & 3rd round picks iirc). I’m extremely solid at RB so can’t decide if I should start the higher ceiling or higher floor guys.

Need 2 from these guys (non-ppr):
Marquise Brown (high ceiling low floor)
Deebo Samuel (higher floor imo)
Adam Thielen (first game back last week was only targeted 3 times - riskiest play imo)
Danny Amendola (highest floor but lowest ceiling imo)

For what it’s worth they’re all projected to get 6.x pts except Thielen at 8.x. Also I’m projected to win by 5 pts with Thielen in there to give an idea of opponents team.