2019 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

44 minutes ago, jet black said:

Alright, in champ game but my receivers are now a shit show thanks to Mike Evans and Adam Thielen injures (those were my 2nd & 3rd round picks iirc). I’m extremely solid at RB so can’t decide if I should start the higher ceiling or higher floor guys.

Need 2 from these guys (non-ppr):
Marquise Brown (high ceiling low floor)
Deebo Samuel (higher floor imo)
Adam Thielen (first game back last week was only targeted 3 times - riskiest play imo)
Danny Amendola (highest floor but lowest ceiling imo)

For what it’s worth they’re all projected to get 6.x pts except Thielen at 8.x. Also I’m projected to win by 5 pts with Thielen in there to give an idea of opponents team.

I think I’d go amendola for the targets and Samuel

42 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Michael Gallup @ PHI

or

Will Fuller @ TB

both pretty good matchups

Damn, this one is tough but I think I lean Fuller. One of these guys is going to have a huge game though.

47 minutes ago, jet black said:

Alright, in champ game but my receivers are now a shit show thanks to Mike Evans and Adam Thielen injures (those were my 2nd & 3rd round picks iirc). I’m extremely solid at RB so can’t decide if I should start the higher ceiling or higher floor guys.

Need 2 from these guys (non-ppr):
Marquise Brown (high ceiling low floor)
Deebo Samuel (higher floor imo)
Adam Thielen (first game back last week was only targeted 3 times - riskiest play imo)
Danny Amendola (highest floor but lowest ceiling imo)

For what it’s worth they’re all projected to get 6.x pts except Thielen at 8.x. Also I’m projected to win by 5 pts with Thielen in there to give an idea of opponents team.

Thielen and Deebo

It’s a f’n Monday night game. Gonna need damn near 100% certainty that Cook isn’t playing before Saturday games possibly. I managed to pick Boone up but mainly because I didn’t want my opponent to. Only one of my RBs I’d consider swapping him for would be Melvin Gordon in my flex.

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

49 minutes ago, jet black said:

It’s a f’n Monday night game. Gonna need damn near 100% certainty that Cook isn’t playing before Saturday games possibly. I managed to pick Boone up but mainly because I didn’t want my opponent to. Only one of my RBs I’d consider swapping him for would be Melvin Gordon in my flex.

They're also now saying that Mattison might play. Personally I'd stay away from this situation unless I had no other options.

I have a lot of tough decisions for championship week. These are all for the same team, Half PPR:

• pick 2:
  • Courtland Sutton vs DET
  • Kenny Golladay @ DEN
  • Breshad Perriman vs HOU

Obviously Golladay and Sutton have been my horses all year (lost Mike Evans to injury). But Golladay has a bad matchup and a very bad QB. Perriman is unknown but should get plenty of opportunity in a decent matchup. I'm leaning toward Sutton & Perriman

• pick 1 flex:
  • Todd Gurley @ SF
  • Raheem Mostert vs LAR
  • odd man out of the WRs above

Mostert's been hot and has a much better matchup but there's always a chance Breida and Coleman steal carries. I'm leaning Gurley.

• pick 1 TE:
  • Jacob Hollister vs ARI
  • OJ Howard vs HOU

This is the hardest one to me. Hollister has actually been pretty meh (and Luke Willson might come back and steal 2-3 targets), but he has THE BEST possible TE matchup. Howard's matchup is pretty good and I expect he'll get a lot of usage. More of a low floor/high ceiling than Hollister. Leaning toward Howard.

On 12/17/2019 at 2:35 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

It probably won’t matter, but if the Bills find a way to beat the Pats, the Ravens have home field throughout the playoffs locked up. The Bills v Pats game is Saturday and the Ravens play on Sunday. No way the ravens just sit their starters, but I wonder if they would only play them for a half if the starters look really good and they have a two score lead? 

I’m facing Lamar Jackson, so a guy can dream, right lol?

They technically need one more win if the Chiefs win out, and they don't play until Sunday night.

Sorry.

13 minutes ago, VolenteHawk said:

They technically need one more win if the Chiefs win out, and they don't play until Sunday night.

Sorry.

Yeah I heard that later in the week and didn’t go back and correct myself. Whatever. Hopefully Jameis can continue to cancel him out like he has the last 2 weeks. They’re definitely going to have to throw a lot today to keep up. 

2 hours ago, tokamak said:

LOL Jameis has two pick sixes in his first 3 pass attempts today. We lived by him and we’re gonna die by him, boys.

It really is a god damn shame. I almost started Ryan, but I just felt like jameis was going to have to throw all game and keep up. There is no player that can single handily win you a game and lose you a game quite like jameis. Both in fantasy and real life football.

55 minutes ago, jet black said:

Really need a Mattison update that’s firm one way or another before today’s game but not sure we’re going to get it. If he’s out I’ve decided Boone is a better play than Gordon, but with the uncertainty looks like I’m rolling Gordon.

The last update I got (16 mins ago) said he’s expected to miss.

49 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Full PPR 

Anthony Miller v Chiefs

Golladay v Broncos

AJ Brown v Saints

I am leaning Brown

Brown 

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Down to Michael Boone Boyd Watkins for my flex.   Marquis brown as well.  I think Boone will get most of the carries vs gb.  Boyd playing dolphins.  

Boyd. Still the number one target and the dolphins have a historically bad defense with zero pass rush.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

tyler boyds late game surge will win or lose owners a lot of money

helped me.  He owed us, too.  LOL.

Will end up getting 3rd in my league this season and winning my entry fee back.  Felt like I had a championship team, but I just had a bad beat from hell in the semis. Will finish with 8-8 record and top points scored in the league.  Never had a game below 100, for 3 years straight now.  Only team each season to do so.

Edited by Iceman

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Not one MF had Fitz over Wilson.  That's the exact move we wanted to make but were too big a pussies to do it.  Now we have a small chance but likely gonna lose because of that one fuck up.  Everett was active so I won't kill myself over starting Waller over Higbee.  Fucking fantasy bullshit. 

This one was frustrating as fuck to me. My gut told me how the fuck could they possibly stop giving Higbee targets, but literally every fantasy analyst was telling you to pivot to other options (like Howard, for example). It wouldn’t have mattered, but just our of principle, I need to look myself in the mirror and trust my gut a little more next year. When I ride the fence on certain start sit decisions, I feel like my initial gut feeling is right more often than not. I need to block out the noise after that.

9 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

This one was frustrating as fuck to me. My gut told me how the fuck could they possibly stop giving Higbee targets, but literally every fantasy analyst was telling you to pivot to other options (like Howard, for example). It wouldn’t have mattered, but just our of principle, I need to look myself in the mirror and trust my gut a little more next year. When I ride the fence on certain start sit decisions, I feel like my initial gut feeling is right more often than not. I need to block out the noise after that.

Yes, this one was bad but for me everything except the god damn experts told me Wilson over Fitz.  So stupid for listening.  Will haunt me.  That cost $7K (spread between first and second).  FML