2019 Fuck Fantasy Football

Iceman

1 minute ago, To be named later said:

I have Marquez Valdes-Scantling and John Brown of the Bills on the bench most weeks.

DJ Chark is available on the waiver wire.

Do I drop or stand pat? If I move for Chark, who do I drop?

Chark has a nice relationship with Minshew
Scantling is in a nice position with Rodgers
Brown has Josh Allen

source.gif

2 hours ago, To be named later said:

I have Marquez Valdes-Scantling and John Brown of the Bills on the bench most weeks.

DJ Chark is available on the waiver wire.

Do I drop or stand pat? If I move for Chark, who do I drop?

Chark has a nice relationship with Minshew
Scantling is in a nice position with Rodgers
Brown has Josh Allen

I like brown long term, but I think I’d drop brown for Chark because brown plays the pats this week, then Tenn, then they have their bye. You might as well see what you have in Chark for the next few weeks, and if nothing else, pick Brown back up after his bye if he’s still there.

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Danny Dimes time?

I’m gonna have to make a decision in one league and he’s definitely in consideration. There are a few interesting waiver wire qbs with really good matchups. Brissett vs Oakland at home, Stafford vs KC at home. Hell, if he didn’t look so bad against the Bears I would say Keenum vs the Giants because of how bad the giants have been agaisnt qbs through 3 games, but I feel like keenum could get benched if he comes out early and turns the ball over. Then obviously Danny dimes vs Washington. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

Have Dallas starting D vs NO, feeling I can get a better one but the pickings are slim. Seattle D at Arizona? Tenn D at Atlanta? Houston or Carolina D both available too

Playing the top team in our league and need all the points i can get

It is kinda slim pickings this week for defenses, but I’d probably roll with Houston at home against Carolina. See if Kyle Allen can throw you a couple of picks.

3 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

It is kinda slim pickings this week for defenses, but I’d probably roll with Houston at home against Carolina. See if Kyle Allen can throw you a couple of picks.

Agreed.  I made the mistake of expecting big things of Tenn last week against Jax and they shit the bed.  

1 hour ago, Dr Fear said:

I take this, right? I am trading Gordon and my WRs are a mess.4407108779c39b8bed53a2bd423a7aa9.jpg

I wouldn’t do it. I think you could do better. When you consider how good eckler has been, and how good Gordon has been the last two years, you might have a top 5 rb. If you’re that desperate for a wr and you have rb depth, I’d look to trade Gordon or the rb2 you’ve been rolling with for a better WR. But if you, and I’ve had Gordon on your bench, id want to see what i have. That could be a league winning type of guy.

2 minutes ago, kmac30 said:

Having some qb issues. Wentz is my usual starter but I hate Thursday night games and GB has been solid. I picked up Dalton because he was out there. Stafford is available tomorrow, thinking about dropping Dalton and trying to get Stafford. Thoughts?

Who else is available? Fantasy Pros has Josh Allen as the guy who is available to pick up.  Brissett wouldn't be bad either (maybe just for this week).

14 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

If you don’t start Mecole, you hate fantasy football. 

This fuck is playing me, by the way. 

When I’m giving advice in this thread, it’s always my initial gut feeling. When it’s my own lineup, I have too much time to think about possible outcomes lol

8 minutes ago, kmac30 said:

Having some qb issues. Wentz is my usual starter but I hate Thursday night games and GB has been solid. I picked up Dalton because he was out there. Stafford is available tomorrow, thinking about dropping Dalton and trying to get Stafford. Thoughts?

Stafford vs KC is what I’d go with. 

2 hours ago, kmac30 said:

Pick up Stafford. Going to be a high scoring game. 

4 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

half ppr. Who should I start at flex?

Robert Woods vs TB

Mecole Hardman @ Det

Chris Thompson @ NYG

I’m leaning Hardman right now because he’s been good ever since he started filling in for tyreek Hill, but Woods and Thompson seem safer. 

Spy, you’re not allowed to answer lol

Probably Hardman. He should be good for 1 or 2 big plays on that turf, especially if Slay is out

Thompson will probably be a good play too, Giants seem to suck at covering TE's and pass catching RB's every single year.

Guess I should have just stuck with my guns and started Wentz. Pretty decent night.

Thank god Aaron Jones had that td and those catches late in the 4th quarter to kind of salvage his night and give him a decent game. 1st and goal from the 1 and you fucking pass 4 times. Then you get first and goal from the 9, gain 6 yards on an Aaron Jones run, and decide “let’s go away from what just worked and go back to what didn’t work 4 times in a row.” 

In my main league, got off to a nice 3-0 start but ran into a little bad luck this week.  Lost Barkley, Gordon ended his holdout and I've been riding Ekeler (still obviously starting him this week), Delanie Walker questionable, and doesn't look like McLaurin is playing after just putting him at flex.

So, at flex my options are:

LeSean McCoy vs Det

Christian Kirk vs Sea

Josh Jacobs vs Colts

Then, if Walker can't go, who do I stream this week?

Witten vs NO

Vernon Davis vs Giants

Eifert vs Pit

I've now got Godwin and McLaurin both questionable.  So now I play wait and see with them, and in the meantime decide which of these would be my first two off the bench if either or both are out:

• P Lindsay (vs JAX)
  • J Gordon (@ BUF)
  • M Andrews (vs CLE)
  • C Sutton (vs JAX)
  • D Montgomery (vs MIN)

Leaning Lindsey #1 off the bench, Gordon #2.

8 minutes ago, Uncle Boobs said:

Heck yeah.  Just make sure you still make the playoffs.

Therein lies the rub...and the challenge of where you want to put your roster capital.

Jones has a very nice stretch coming up in the schedule and his productivity should be solid, but probably not spectacular..  Barkley's obviously the better player, but he's out 4-8 weeks.  Also a factor is how the Giants utilize him if their season is on the wane late in the year.

It's anything but a slam dunk, IMHO.

Edited by Iceman