AP Top 25

TrashMaster G

10 hours ago, gmr548 said:

There is zero chance of three SEC teams making it in.

It would take multiple losses from the B12 and Big Ten champs and a very specific set of outcomes in league play for that to even be a possibility.

So it's not "zero chance", it's just "really unlikely so please don't complain about the possibility". 

I'd be down with eliminating the offseason.

160 game regular season with occasional double-headers, a huge playoff with multiple best of 5 and best of 7 series played daily.

Can you imagine how sweet Saturday would have been if Texas had played OU at 11 AM, and then again at 7 PM?  Glorious.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, blacklab said:

Clemson, OSU/Wisc, or OU win out they are in. That would only let 1 sec team in.

They all lose a game or two, then 

UGA/Fla win out and win SEC Championship
LSU and Bama win out, except game against each other

Then UGA/Fla, LSU and bama will all have one loss and the stupid fucks at espn will start pushing the 3 teams from the sec narrative.

This man gets it.

1 minute ago, n64ra said:

LOL at SMU. Last week second highest rated team in Texas. Have the week off, and BU passes them.

BU moves up thanks to Big 12 refs.  But hey its cool, the refs said sorry we blew that call and you lost the game cause of it.  Fuck baylor.

• Like 3

On 10/13/2019 at 7:34 PM, blacklab said:

Clemson, OSU/Wisc, or OU win out they are in. That would only let 1 sec team in.

They all lose a game or two, then 

UGA/Fla win out and win SEC Championship
LSU and Bama win out, except game against each other

Then UGA/Fla, LSU and bama will all have one loss and the stupid fucks at espn will start pushing the 3 teams from the sec narrative.

But we get to rematch OU every year!

maxresdefault.jpg

On 10/13/2019 at 7:56 PM, El Squared said:

Not a joke, a serious effort to manage money, CFB playoff selections by the "committee" etc. Its an orchestrated procedure to drive ad revenue for certain games and certain conferences. Disney is currently in control. Until the P5 conference  championships become a hard-wired path to the playoffs, the rigged rankings will always play a role. Even in an 8 team playoff, there will be "rankings" to manipulate the wild card selections, 2 or 3 depending upon whether  a G5 "best" will get an invite.

Yup.

The committee is a fuckin joke. It's just cover.

Look at these bozos:

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/sports/2017/10/16/selection-committee.aspx

The fucking computers did a better job.

On 10/14/2019 at 5:16 PM, Moby Ric said:

BU moves up thanks to Big 12 refs.  But hey its cool, the refs said sorry we blew that call and you lost the game cause of it.  Fuck baylor.

The penalty they should have called was false start/illegal procedure.  The left tackle wasn't set for 1 second prior to the snap and the center jerks his left hand prior to the snap.  Illegal snap was the incorrect penalty, yes.  

The game was refereed terribly for both teams.  Tech still would've had to score if the penalty wasn't called and they recovered the ball.   They had not already scored.  It's fucked, but it did not cause them to lose the game.

They should have called holding on Baylor in the endzone, but did not.  They should have called intentional grounding on Duffey in the endzone, and did not.  Either one of those being called in the 4thQ prevents this game from ever getting to overtime.   

They missed/didn't call at least 10 holdings that were horrific during the game, about 5 of them on TT tackle holding James Lynch.  Several on Baylor as well.  it was a complete shit show.  

6 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Lol Paul Finnanbum is arguing that Jawgia still can be a playoff team and an undefeated Clemson may not be worthy on first take. Yikes.

Let's see they lost to an unranked SC team, AT HOME, and they should be in the playoffs. What a fucking moron. I guess all $EC teams should be in the playoffs.

30 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

The penalty they should have called was false start/illegal procedure.  The left tackle wasn't set for 1 second prior to the snap and the center jerks his left hand prior to the snap.  Illegal snap was the incorrect penalty, yes.  

Well you would be wrong.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27839531/texas-tech-ad-big-12-admits-blown-call-loss

Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt said Sunday that the Big 12 acknowledged that officials made an incorrect call in overtime of the Red Raiders' loss to Baylor on Saturday.

"It is important to state that we have been in constant communication with the Big 12 Conference office from the immediate end of the game and throughout Sunday regarding the illegal snap call in the first overtime," Hocutt said in a statement. "It has been confirmed that the ruling on the field of an illegal snap was incorrect.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Moby Ric said:

Well you would be wrong.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27839531/texas-tech-ad-big-12-admits-blown-call-loss

Texas Tech athletic director Kirby Hocutt said Sunday that the Big 12 acknowledged that officials made an incorrect call in overtime of the Red Raiders' loss to Baylor on Saturday.

"It is important to state that we have been in constant communication with the Big 12 Conference office from the immediate end of the game and throughout Sunday regarding the illegal snap call in the first overtime," Hocutt said in a statement. "It has been confirmed that the ruling on the field of an illegal snap was incorrect.

Where did I say an illegal snap was the correct call?  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

You didn't.  But the blown call was that it was a fumble, and not an illegal snap or a false start.

Gotcha.  That's pretty much exactly what I said, and had they called it False Start or illegal procedure, it would have been a correct call and the fumble still wouldn't happen since they are pre-snap penalties.  

1 hour ago, Hard Times said:

Let's see they lost to an unranked SC team, AT HOME, and they should be in the playoffs. What a fucking moron. I guess all $EC teams should be in the playoffs.

But you didn't consider that maybe Georgia didn't want to play SC at home.  It hardly counts as a loss if they didn't

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Zavala said:

Lol Paul Finnanbum is arguing that Jawgia still can be a playoff team and an undefeated Clemson may not be worthy on first take. Yikes.

Yeah his argument would make sense if it was Bama or LSU they lost to at home in a close game.  Maybe.

4 hours ago, Hard Times said:

Yep

3 hours ago, jinx said:

But you didn't consider that maybe Georgia didn't want to play SC at home.  It hardly counts as a loss if they didn't

And you thought that logic only worked for Bowl Games.

Just now, Drew said:

Yeah his argument would make sense if it was Bama or LSU they lost to at home in a close game.  Maybe.

Yep

And you thought that logic only worked for Bowl Games.

We all know they are going to build up Bama vs. LSU 2, no matter who wins the first game, the plan is to have the rematch in the title game. 

Bammer goes on to win the SEC championship

LSU only loss is to Bammer

The weird part will be trying to get the bracket to line up where both SEC teams have a chance to get to the title for the rematch.

Either

1. Bammer

2. Ohio State

3. LSU

4. Clemson

Maybe

1. Ohio State

2. Bammer

3. Clemson

4. LSU

7 minutes ago, Drew said:

And if that happens leaving an undefeated OU out, that'll be a fucking travesty.

Oh, but Fuck OU anyways.

Ah yeah I was assuming OU blows it. Guess we'll have to watch the game in Glory-Hole world and find out. 

What happens if Baylor Beats OU and then we beat Baylor - all of us ending up with 1 conference loss? We get screwed for losing to LSU early in the season huh?

Ah yeah I was assuming OU blows it. Guess we'll have to watch the game in Glory-Hole world and find out. 

What happens if Baylor Beats OU and then we beat Baylor - all of us ending up with 1 conference loss? We get screwed for losing to LSU early in the season huh?

In that scenario, assuming all three are 8-1 with losses to one another, it's point differential vs one another. Ex : OU beat Texas by 7, loses to Baylor by 3, that's +4. Lowest number is out. It goes to record vs teams down the standings first but that's obviously a tie at 8-1. At no point do non conference results matter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

They STILL don't understand how defense and offense work at these big networks.  They still don't comprehend that the Big 10 and especially SEC defenses are propped up by less innovated offenses, and the Big 12 Defenses, and Pac 12 to a degree, are hurt because of how spread out and fast the Big 12 offenses are.

They look at stats like "Total Defensive Yards and Pts against" still, instead of more telling stats like Points per Drive.  Just ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Drew said:

They STILL don't understand how defense and offense work at these big networks.  They still don't comprehend that the Big 10 and especially SEC defenses are propped up by less innovated offenses, and the Big 12 Defenses, and Pac 12 to a degree, are hurt because of how spread out and fast the Big 12 offenses are.

They look at stats like "Total Defensive Yards and Pts against" still, instead of more telling stats like Points per Drive.  Just ridiculous.

Yup. Pathetic. Good thing the committee isn't influenced by idiots on TV and they actually have to watch the games huh...

SEC will do well to get one team in the playoff.  Georgia is praying for the AU Boogereaters to beat LSU and Bama, and then lay down for them.  If it plays out that way, and UGA defeats Gata and whoever comes out of the SEC West, they might have a shot at the playoff, but I doubt it.  That would more likely set up the SEC being skunked.  Hell, maybe the time has come.  I do know this; assuming both teams win the next two, come Nov. 2 in Tuscaloosa, "there'll be some snot knockin' out in the old okra patch," as the late great Darrell K. Royal used to say.  What happens after that, I got no idea, but I think Clemson, Ohio State and the Big XII champion will be in the mix.

36 minutes ago, deft said:

So you're suggesting that the pollsters are going to possibly allow not two, not one, but possibly zero sec teams in?  

start slow laugh

If the scenario I posed happens, yer damn tootin.  Bama, LSU, Florida with recent or multiple Ls, and UGA with the ugly home loss to SoCar, and eerrrvrybody sick of SECSEC, it can happen.  Just keep Auburn the hell out.  

26 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

If the scenario I posed happens, yer damn tootin.  Bama, LSU, Florida with recent or multiple Ls, and UGA with the ugly home loss to SoCar, and eerrrvrybody sick of SECSEC, it can happen.  Just keep Auburn the hell out.  

Ok, you're trolling now, or smoking crack.  Bama has earned the right for consideration every year until proven otherwise.  The last 10 years and 5 titles by the door are a reminder.   SEC doesn't get left out as long as there's at least a 1 loss team left in the end   

The conference gets the benefit by association and a slowly fading past success (UF, LSU, AU).   It's been 40 years since UGA won big, yet every year pre-season polls....  

1 hour ago, Bama Llama said:

No

Literally 0% chance that a 12-1 SEC champ UGA is left out. SCarolina isn’t that good but not like UGA lost to Murray State. OU went in 2015 after losing to an awful 1-4 Texas. Ohio State went in 2014 after looking awful in a home loss to 6-6 Va Tech. Clemson went in 2017 after losing to a trash Syracuse and 2016 after loss to a very meh Pitt.

There is an extremely unlikely path to zero SEC teams in the playoff but it surely doesn’t involve a one loss champ especially when that champ is a big name team.

16 minutes ago, TxEx84 said:

Ohio State (12-1 and B1G champs) was kept out after losing to Purdue last year.   What's the difference except secsecsec?

One big difference is last year there was an undefeated Notre Dame to eat up a spot. Every team that made the playoffs last year beat every team they played. There weren't that many spots to go around. This year, ND will be 11-1 at best, and lost h2h to UGA, so they can't block UGA. So for a 1 loss UGA to be excluded, some other P5 conference would have to get 2 spots. The ACC and B12 and Pac 12 have literally 0.0 to get 2 spots this year. So the only way a 1 loss SEC champ UGA could be excluded would be in favor of a 1 loss non-champ from the SEC or B1G (in addition to also the 1 loss B1G champ). I

Another is UGA lost to SCarolina in double OT. Ohio State got absolutely obliterated by 29 by a Purdue team that lost at home to Eastern Michigan and that wouldn't have even been bowl eligible without beating Ohio State (they then lost that bowl 63-14 to unranked Auburn). That's also the difference between Ohio State 2018 and OU 2015, Ohio State 2014, and the one-loss Clemson teams I mentioned, who each got in with a "bad" loss, none of whom are secsecsec. 

A 1 loss SEC champ Florida is very likely in, but not quite the lock that UGA would be. If OU, tOSU, Clemson all win out and LSU is 11-1 with only loss to Bama, it would come down to 11-1 LSU vs 12-1 SEC champ Florida. Does the title mean more, or does the fact that LSU beat Florida by 2 TDs (and won at Texas while Florida played two FCS schools) trump that? I would put LSU in in that spot, assuming a competitive loss to Bama.

11 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

One big difference is last year there was an undefeated Notre Dame to eat up a spot. Every team that made the playoffs last year beat every team they played. There weren't that many spots to go around. This year, ND will be 11-1 at best, and lost h2h to UGA, so they can't block UGA. So for a 1 loss UGA to be excluded, some other P5 conference would have to get 2 spots. The ACC and B12 and Pac 12 have literally 0.0 to get 2 spots this year. So the only way a 1 loss SEC champ UGA could be excluded would be in favor of a 1 loss non-champ from the SEC or B1G (in addition to also the 1 loss B1G champ). I

Another is UGA lost to SCarolina in double OT. Ohio State got absolutely obliterated by 29 by a Purdue team that lost at home to Eastern Michigan and that wouldn't have even been bowl eligible without beating Ohio State (they then lost that bowl 63-14 to unranked Auburn). That's also the difference between Ohio State 2018 and OU 2015, Ohio State 2014, and the one-loss Clemson teams I mentioned, who each got in with a "bad" loss, none of whom are secsecsec. 

A 1 loss SEC champ Florida is very likely in, but not quite the lock that UGA would be. If OU, tOSU, Clemson all win out and LSU is 11-1 with only loss to Bama, it would come down to 11-1 LSU vs 12-1 SEC champ Florida. Does the title mean more, or does the fact that LSU beat Florida by 2 TDs (and won at Texas while Florida played two FCS schools) trump that? I would put LSU in in that spot, assuming a competitive loss to Bama.

Shit, that's the first interesting scenario that I've seen in awhile. Tough call, but I still think a conference champion will be rewarded over most other criteria......assuming they don't have a 30 point loss

3 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Shit, that's the first interesting scenario that I've seen in awhile. Tough call, but I still think a conference champion will be rewarded over most other criteria......assuming they don't have a 30 point loss

Yeah, it's really tough to say! A one-loss P5 champion has NEVER been excluded for a non-champion other than a 12-0 Notre Dame, which isn't quite the same thing. But that would be a really unique scenario that would give some insight into the factors (especially since both schools are tier 1-B "helmet schools" so no advantage there). 

1 hour ago, TXSooner518 said:

Ohio State got absolutely obliterated by 29 by a Purdue team that lost at home to Eastern Michigan and that wouldn't have even been bowl eligible without beating Ohio State (they then lost that bowl 63-14 to unranked Auburn). That's also the difference between Ohio State 2018 and OU 2015, Ohio State 2014, and the one-loss Clemson teams I mentioned, who each got in with a "bad" loss, none of whom are secsecsec. 

Ohio State also carried a 31-point loss to Iowa in 2017 into 2018. The committee was predisposed to doubt them, and then they went out and repeated the behavior of an inexplicable and inexcusable blowout road loss to a mediocre Big Ten West opponent. Ohio State also wasted their last playoff bid by getting crushed and shutout by Clemson. Add in all the 70-, 80-, and even 90-yd TDs they gave up, and I don't think they were taken as seriously last year as they could have been. 

It wasn't just the insane loss to Purdue, it was the pattern.  Ohio State was just hard to believe in. You only get four playoff spots, I don't think you want to spend one on a team that deep down you think will lose 63-28 to Alabama.

Edited by SwanderedTalent