AP Top 25

TrashMaster G

8 minutes ago, Zavala said:

BlowU is out brah.

2 SEC teams was always the plan.

It could be 3 (THREE) SECSECSEC teams and Ohio State... Maybe Clemson would just have to lose somehow.

Florida wins out and beats LSU in the SEC championship game. They are in with their only loss to LSU. LSU is in with their only loss in the SEC championship game rematch with Florida, and because they beat Alabama. Alabama is in because well.. they are Alabama and their only loss is to LSU...

I'm only half trolling, if the "committee" $ works out for all SEC playoffs they would do it. 

Lulz you ain't getting 3, but if you get 2, let's see if the committee is smart enough to pair the secsecsec teams against each other in the semis. If they aren't smart enough to do that, then they will be crying watching a Clemson/OSU final. 

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Lulz you ain't getting 3, but if you get 2, let's see if the committee is smart enough to pair the secsecsec teams against each other in the semis. If they aren't smart enough to do that, then they will be crying watching a Clemson/OSU final. 

The committee lulz

Yeah nah they will always pair the sec teams separate to give themselves the most chance for another all sec Natty.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Lulz no. 

But these fuckers sure are going to try to get two secsecsec teams in. Oregon and Oklahoma have a bullseye on them... 

Who do you honestly think can beat Ohio State? Clemson doesn't look the same as last season, Bama is worse on defense, same with LSU, and I don't even think ou makes the playoffs. Oregon will trip up because they're Oregon. I believe OSU is like Clemson last year with Lawrence. They don't know how to defend Fields yet, and their defense and offense is clicking on all cylinders. TOSU is the most talented team in CFB. They held the best RB in the country to 2.6 ypc. That's pretty phenomenal. 

I'm not being condescending, btw, I'm genuinely curious who you think can beat them. TOSU would ass rape LSU and Bama's defense this season. Don't get me wrong, Burrow will put up points, but so will Fields. Bama just doesn't look anything more than good on offense. Harris might be their most overrated RB I've seen in a long time. Tua can only do so much. I don't believe the hype of Herbert, either. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

Look no further than injury reports.  

Bama and fOSU are close in recruiting over the past several years.  This year injuries have crept up on Bama, they have 7 guys out for season and several out for shorter periods

fOSU has escaped major injuries, LSU is doing pretty well also. 

We have one of the most beat up teams according to donbest, though Oregon and particularly USC are in worse shape. 

11 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Who do you honestly think can beat Ohio State? Clemson doesn't look the same as last season, Bama is worse on defense, same with LSU, and I don't even think ou makes the playoffs. Oregon will trip up because they're Oregon. I believe OSU is like Clemson last year with Lawrence. They don't know how to defend Fields yet, and their defense and offense is clicking on all cylinders. TOSU is the most talented team in CFB. They held the best RB in the country to 2.6 ypc. That's pretty phenomenal. 

I'm not being condescending, btw, I'm genuinely curious who you think can beat them. TOSU would ass rape LSU and Bama's defense this season. Don't get me wrong, Burrow will put up points, but so will Fields. Bama just doesn't look anything more than good on offense. Harris might be their most overrated RB I've seen in a long time. Tua can only do so much. I don't believe the hype of Herbert, either. 

No doubt Ohio State looks like the best team so far, but I'm not betting against Clemson or Bama in the playoffs until someone else beats them. Bama/Clemson/OSU all look pretty elite on both sides of the ball. If OSU draws Bama or Clemson in a semi final game, then I'm taking Saban/Venables with a month to prepare. Vegas released hypothetical lines a couple weeks ago and Bama was - 6.5 against OSU and Clemson was - 2.5. 

5 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

No doubt Ohio State looks like the best team so far, but I'm not betting against Clemson or Bama in the playoffs until someone else beats them. Bama/Clemson/OSU all look pretty elite on both sides of the ball. If OSU draws Bama or Clemson in a semi final game, then I'm taking Saban/Venables with a month to prepare. Vegas released hypothetical lines a couple weeks ago and Bama was - 6.5 against OSU and Clemson was - 2.5. 

I can definitely get on board with Venables having a month to prepare, but I also think their offense can be shut down. They've played no one, and I believe they would go into the game underestimating tOSU. Bama, however, has like 7 frosh on their defense, and Fields/Dobbins/Master/Wilson would tear that defense up. I legit think Clemson or lsu would be their only "real" competition. The talent looks the same, but tOSU is playing crazy good, and they've played some good teams and worked them.

RANK TEAM RECORD POINTS PREVIOUS
1 LSU (17) 8-0 1,479 1
2 Alabama (21) 8-0 1,472 2
3 Ohio State (17) 8-0 1,467 3
4 Clemson (7) 9-0 1,406 4
5 Penn State 8-0 1,306 5
6 Georgia 7-1 1,196 8
7 Oregon 8-1 1,180 7
8 Utah 8-1 1,090 9
9 Oklahoma 7-1 1,045 10
10 Florida 7-2 938 6
11 Baylor 8-0 909 12
12 Auburn 7-2 901 11
13 Minnesota 8-0 831 13
14 Michigan 7-2 780 14
15 Notre Dame 6-2 571 16
16 Wisconsin 6-2 558 18
17 Cincinnati 7-1 527 17
18 Iowa 6-2 491 19
19 Memphis 8-1 448 24
20 Kansas State 6-2 364 22
21 Boise State 7-1 310 21
22 Wake Forest 7-1 296 23
23 SMU 8-1 250 15
24 San Diego State 7-1 87 25
25 Navy 7-1 83 NR

20 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Huh, K State is the only 2 loss BXII team in the poll. 

Well, they are the only 2 loss B12 team, so yeah.

The imbalanced schedules in some conferences along with piles of awful bottom feeders really have some misleading records. I see people wanting Indiana ranked. They haven't beaten a team in the Top 50 of FPI this season.  

In Sagarin, SEVEN B12 teams would be the 2nd best ACC team. Five B1G teams would be the 2nd worst team in the B12 (well Rutgers would be the worst).  Five ACC teams would be the 2nd worst team in the B12 (well Ga Tech would be the worst).  

The B12 teams have to play a top 30 team 70% of the time, while teams like Minn and Indy have fattened up on teams outside the top 50 entirely. And b/c of the parity, the B12 teams stay just out of the rankings, making the schedule look much easier than it is. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

The imbalanced schedules in some conferences along with piles of awful bottom feeders really have some misleading records. I see people wanting Indiana ranked. They haven't beaten a team in the Top 50 of FPI this season.  

In Sagarin, SEVEN B12 teams would be the 2nd best ACC team. Five B1G teams would be the 2nd worst team in the B12 (well Rutgers would be the worst).  Five ACC teams would be the 2nd worst team in the B12 (well Ga Tech would be the worst).  

The B12 teams have to play a top 30 team 70% of the time, while teams like Minn and Indy have fattened up on teams outside the top 50 entirely. And b/c of the parity, the B12 teams stay just out of the rankings, making the schedule look much easier than it is. 

Doh!

Several of the other 2 loss teams that are ranked, and all of them above KState, probably belong in the same tier. Wisky, Auburn etc... Whatever. 

2 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

This man gets it.  We should add 4 shitty teams to the conference, go to 8 conference games and all schedule 4 cupcakes and the Big 12 could transform into the SEC overnight.  

I think Florida would skull fuck Baylor (while the admin looked the other way) but there is no justification for having a 2 loss team ahead of an undefeated p5 team.  Same for Minnesota as far as ranking goes.  Doesn't really matter at this point to Florida anyway.

19 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

Yep.  I said this on the B12 thread.  There are 7 Top 30ish teams in this conference all playing a round-robin.

The voting media isn't going to figure that out.

38 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Yep.  I said this on the B12 thread.  There are 7 Top 30ish teams in this conference all playing a round-robin.

The voting media isn't going to figure that out.

In Sagarin, % of teams that are outside the Top 50:

AAC: 50%, 6/12 - tougher than the ACC??
ACC: 57%, 8/14 - unreal bad for a P5, made worse by them also having #s 40, 43, 47 and 49. 86% of this conference is 40th or worse!!!
B1G: 43%, 6/14 - 7 top 25 teams make this league super polarized, as opposed to just awful like ACC.
B12: 30%, 3/10
PAC: 33%, 4/12 - also have 42, 45, and 50. Only P5 with no Bottom 50 team though. Better than it has been in a long time.
SEC: 29%, 4/14 - also have 44 and 46. Only 2 gimmes, but both are more than 10 spots lower than Kansas, so yeah. West still stronger at the top, but divisions more balanced than in prior years, which had previously created the same inflated records that the imbalanced ACC and B1G schedules (and awfulness of ACC) are doing this year.

3 hours ago, Loco said:

I think Florida would skull fuck Baylor (while the admin looked the other way) but there is no justification for having a 2 loss team ahead of an undefeated p5 team.  Same for Minnesota as far as ranking goes.  Doesn't really matter at this point to Florida anyway.

I think healthy Florida wins, yea, but we are in deep shit on defense.  Moon is done for the regular season and Burney is out at least this week.  We have 2 linebackers, to go along with gimpy Greenard and Zuniga up front.  Definitely take the under on that -25 line for Vandy.  

CFP odds:

1: Ohio State - 79% (6% at large) (Penn State this weekend)

2: Clemson - 78% (<1%)

3: LSU - 54% (23%)

4: Utah - 42% (moved up, Eason hurdle cleared)

5: Alabama - 41% (1%)

6: Oregon - 38%

7: Oklahoma - 26%

8: Baylor - 14% (5%)

9: Penn State - 14% (9%) (Chance to skyrocket if they pull off the upset)

10: Georgia - 9%

11: Wake Forest - 3%

12:  Minnesota - 1.0% (0.6%)

Doomsday scenario (the field) 2%

Out: Florida, SMU

Not much movement with so few good games.  This week can be summarized by Utah both clearing a hurdle for themselves and hurting everyone's at-large odds at the same time.

oklahoma will find a way.  they always do.  utah and oregon play each other in front of them.  Alabama and LSU pleay each other in front of them.  if the oregon/utah winner doesn't win out the rest of the season, ou falls ass backwards right in again.  penn state will lose to ohio state, baylor will lose to ou, georgia will lose to bama/lsu winner, wake will lose to clemson, minnesota will lose psu and wisc. 

the only way ou is out is if oregon wins out or the lsu-bama result this weekend is by less than a td.

17 minutes ago, sidis said:

oklahoma will find a way.  they always do.  utah and oregon play each other in front of them.  Alabama and LSU pleay each other in front of them.  if the oregon/utah winner doesn't win out the rest of the season, ou falls ass backwards right in again.  penn state will lose to ohio state, baylor will lose to ou, georgia will lose to bama/lsu winner, wake will lose to clemson, minnesota will lose psu and wisc. 

the only way ou is out is if oregon wins out or the lsu-bama result this weekend is by less than a td.

no, undefeated Clemson, undefeated Ohio State, then LSU and Bammer. Guaranteed. It doesn't have to be less than a touchdown difference. 

LSU or Alabama's only loss is against a top team (each other). BlowUs only loss is against K state and EVERYBODY knows the big12 defense is a joke and the conference is a joke.

Edited by Zavala

52 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

1 loss OU gets in over 1 loss LSU or Alabama. Conference championships are not going to stop mattering to the committee at the expense of a program like Oklahoma.

This.  If everything plays put perfectly (which it won't- still a lot of football to be had), the 4/5 debate will be between P12 Champ and B12 Champ.

And if LSU wins, Bama's resume will suck (wins over Auburn, A&M, and Duke).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JBJ said:

This.  If everything plays put perfectly (which it won't- still a lot of football to be had), the 4/5 debate will be between P12 Champ and B12 Champ.

And if LSU wins, Bama's resume will suck (wins over Auburn, A&M, and Duke).

Well LSU just lost their sack leader ...  Divinity is leaving/left the team.  drugs are bad m'kay?!

3 hours ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

1 loss OU gets in over 1 loss LSU or Alabama. Conference championships are not going to stop mattering to the committee at the expense of a program like Oklahoma.

That, and KSt has a solid shot of going 10-2.  They are the gift that will give a Big XII team a path of needed. 

4 hours ago, Zavala said:

no, undefeated Clemson, undefeated Ohio State, then LSU and Bammer. Guaranteed. It doesn't have to be less than a touchdown difference. 

LSU or Alabama's only loss is against a top team (each other). BlowUs only loss is against K state and EVERYBODY knows the big12 defense is a joke and the conference is a joke.

No, the big 12 is not a joke. The sec East is a joke. 

• Like 1