22 6-3 199
NR
23 6-3 197
24 7-2 108
NR
25 6-3 77
NR

Complete Rankings

Others receiving votes: Appalachian State 73, Kansas State 67, Texas A&M 42, Wake Forest 38, Louisiana Tech 25, Virginia 12, San Diego State 7, Virginia Tech 4, Iowa State 4, Washington 3, Pittsburgh 2, Air Force 2, UCF 2, North Dakota State 1, USC 1, Illinois 1

Dropped from rankings: Kansas State 20, Wake Forest 22, San Diego State 24

Coaches poll:

1. LSU (55)
2. Ohio State (5)
3. Clemson (4)
4. Alabama
5. Georgia
6. Oregon
7. Minnesota
8. Oklahoma
9. Utah
10. Baylor
11. Penn State
12. Florida
13. Auburn
14. Michigan 
15. Wisconsin
16. Notre Dame
17. Cincinnati
18. Memphis
19. Boise State
20. SMU
21. Navy
22. Iowa 
23. Texas
24. Appalachian State
25. Indiana

Schools dropped out: No. 20 Wake Forest; No. 22 Kansas State; No. 24 San Diego State.

Other receiving votes: Oklahoma State 49; Wake Forest 45; Louisiana Tech 43; Kansas State 38; San Diego State 32; Texas A&M 31; Air Force 25; Virginia Tech 17; Virginia 12; Wyoming 1; UL Lafayette 1; Central Florida 1.

No way is Baylor the 10th or 12th best team in the country but I guess that's the treatment you get when you're undefeated this far into the season. They've had 4 squeaker wins over other middle of the pack teams in this conference. I'd put them around #17 maybe, I think the teams ranked 16 and above currently would all most likely beat them. After that it gets into coin tosses imho. 

1 hour ago, El Diablo said:

No way is Baylor the 10th or 12th best team in the country but I guess that's the treatment you get when you're undefeated this far into the season. They've had 4 squeaker wins over other middle of the pack teams in this conference. I'd put them around #17 maybe, I think the teams ranked 16 and above currently would all most likely beat them. After that it gets into coin tosses imho. 

Baylor is the worst undefeated team in America.  Fuck em.

3 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

I’ll bet anyone who wants it that Bama doesn’t go over a 0 or 1 loss champion from any P5 league other than a 1 loss ACC champ.

Also Indiana over KSU and OSU is dreck. Indiana has 0 top 50 wins. ZERO. They have a 40+ point loss and also lost while giving up 40 to a bad 4-5 Sparty team.

They only use the conference champion rule when it’s a team not named Alabama. When it’s Bama they typically use the eye test. It’s the only way ESPN.... I mean the committee can be fair. 

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 4:18 PM, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

1 loss OU gets in over 1 loss LSU or Alabama. Conference championships are not going to stop mattering to the committee at the expense of a program like Oklahoma.

Lulz, so wrong. The big12 isn't a good conference so the title is meaningless.

Pretty funny you got immediately problem wrong in the rankings too.

Edited by Zavala

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Weird but Alabama has only beaten one bowl eligible team...A&M

Auburn would make two if they beat them 

LSU exposed them for what they are, and that's why they won't get into the playoffs.

Plus, if you're Saban, no way you lobby for it, because if you get your shit pushed in again during the first round, well, that's not a very good look heading into the off-season and recruiting.     Better just to let everybody crow about how you're the best 1-loss team in the nation, and the pre-season polls will reward you with #1 or #2.

21 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Take a look around the conference. Who has ANYONE beaten? I don't follow SMU, who did they beat?

Nobody has beaten anyone in this shit conference.  That's the point.  But has baylor even played anyone who has a winning record?  BTW Fuck baylor.

Just now, orangecat92 said:

If Baylor goes 13 and 0, they’re not playing bama, cuz that record would put Baylor at the number 4 slot and they would play either LSU  or OSU.  

yes, i meant they knock Bama out of the playoffs.  OU is really weak right now and anything can happen with UT. This scenario is not impossible.

5 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Nobody has beaten anyone in this shit conference.  That's the point.  But has baylor even played anyone who has a winning record?  BTW Fuck baylor.

Baylor has wins over two ranked opponents in KSU and OSU, the latter on the road, in games that were less competitive than when Texas played them. Baylor beat a decent to good ISU team. Baylor beat TCU on the road, the same TCU team that recently beat Texas decisively.

Baylor's not playing well offensively right now but they've got more wins over teams with winning records and wins over ranked teams than Alabama does. Their defense is probably the best in the B12. I agree - fuck Baylor - but they've earned the right to be ranked. They find ways to win. We'll know for sure about them after this week.

12 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Suppose Baylor goes 13-0, knocks off Bama, would Surly approve?

If they go 13-0, they get in, which means they ain't playing Bama.  But they ain't going to the playoffs, because Texas and OU will beat their asses.

But if a 2-loss Baylor gets a bowl game against Bama, I would laugh at the aggy tears should Bama lose.  I would also laugh at the Baylor tears should they lose.  It's a win-win either way for us.

15 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Back to SMU, what gives? Who did they beat that Baylor would not? Maybe we need to invite those teams to the Big XII. 

8 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Baylor has wins over two ranked opponents in KSU and OSU, the latter on the road, in games that were less competitive than when Texas played them. Baylor beat a decent to good ISU team. Baylor beat TCU on the road, the same TCU team that recently beat Texas decisively.

Baylor's not playing well offensively right now but they've got more wins over teams with winning records and wins over ranked teams than Alabama does. Their defense is probably the best in the B12. I agree - fuck Baylor - but they've earned the right to be ranked. They find ways to win. We'll know for sure about them after this week.

Baylor beat both KSU and OSU on the road, and by 3 scores