AP Top 25

TrashMaster G

5 hours ago, Goodman said:

Do these fucks know that Georgia lost at home, to Coach Boom?

and TOP wasn't even close!

How about this fantasy scenario....

1. Auburn beats Georgia between the hedges
  2. Florida wins out (stay with me.... STOP LAUGHING, I'm serious!)
  3. Georgia Loses to Aggy
  4. Florida beats Corndog in the SECCG (I said stop laughing!)
  5. OU Sucks
  6. Ped St takes OSU to the showers, but only the tip. (close game)

secsec might not get into the Playoffs... 

I'm not totally convinced that Oklahoma doesn't get beat by a last minute field goal Saturday night in Waco. 

The way Baylor's been playing offensively the past few weeks, they'd be lucky to be in the game in Q4 vs OU and could very well lose to Texas. They've been atrocious. They need to step it up on that side of the ball. They're at risk of wasting a legitimately very good defense.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm for whatever gets us to 8 teams. If that means one loss Bama with their sole victory against a half decent team being Auburn, and then the Pac, Big 10 and Big 12 throwing a hissy fit about it, then so be it. 5 power conference champion auto bids plus 3 at large bids and we fix the majority of what is wrong with college football. You get rid of so much of the regional bias and conference strength comparison bullshit. Teams can stop scheduling so many non-conference patsies knowing that they still have a path to the playoffs regardless. The SEC and ACC can play as few conference games as they want. The Pac can still be relevant even when they have no dominant team. The jockeying for the last 3 bids would be epic but instead of arguing 1-4 like we do now, you are arguing teams 6-8 so there is still debate that drives interest. Teams at the top would still be incentivized to win for seeding purposes. It just makes too much sense so it probably won't ever happen.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Jhawk said:

I wouldn’t be against reasonable action. But I’m not putting money on bama in straight up. There are assumptions that bama wins out among other things. DM me some thoughts and let’s talk it through. If we can think of something that gets us to week 13 where the be is off or in the committees hands then I’m in. Not that I’m surly elite but I’m always down for some fun. 

Here is my proposal, posting it here in case any of the other SEC conspiracy caterwaulers want in:

If Alabama finishes 11-1 and is not the SEC West representative in the SEC Championship Game:

• I win the bet if Alabama does not make the playoffs
  • You win the bet if Alabama makes the playoffs and at least one undefeated or 1-loss P5 conference champion does not make the playoffs
  • No action if Alabama makes the playoffs but no undefeated or 1-loss P5 conference champion misses the playoffs

Obviously no action if Alabama loses another game, or if LSU somehow drops 2 and Bama sneaks into the SEC title game.

25 minutes ago, Extra Anejo said:

I'm not totally convinced that Oklahoma doesn't get beat by a last minute field goal Saturday night in Waco. 

I guess anything is possible but OU hasn't been held under 34 points this year and Baylor isn't exactly a scoring machine right now. Sooners are averaging around 50 points a game and I think the lucky horseshoe is about to be forcibly removed from the Baptists collective anus. I'd like to see someone shut down the OU offense but it hasn't happened yet to any meaningful extent. 

LSU, an ohio state university and Clemson seem very likely as 1-2-3 in that order.  So who's 4th?  Well Georgia if they win out.  But I don't think they have much of a chance to do that.

I don't think 11-1 Bama gets in over 13-0 Baylor or 12-1 OU.  I think they would get in over 12-1 Oregon because their loss would be a team Bama beat.  12-1 Utah or 11-1 Bama?  To me that is Utah just because I don't think the committee would leave out a 1 loss P5 champ in that scenario.

Really though, which of these results is most likely?  13-0 Baylor, 12-1 OU, 12-1 Oregon, 12-1 Utah or...11-1 Bama.  To me its the last one by far so it seems more ikely to me than not that Bama is gonna back door the last spot.

41 minutes ago, Hozz said:

LSU, an ohio state university and Clemson seem very likely as 1-2-3 in that order.  So who's 4th?  Well Georgia if they win out.  But I don't think they have much of a chance to do that.

I don't think 11-1 Bama gets in over 13-0 Baylor or 12-1 OU.  I think they would get in over 12-1 Oregon because their loss would be a team Bama beat.  12-1 Utah or 11-1 Bama?  To me that is Utah just because I don't think the committee would leave out a 1 loss P5 champ in that scenario.

Really though, which of these results is most likely?  13-0 Baylor, 12-1 OU, 12-1 Oregon, 12-1 Utah or...11-1 Bama.  To me its the last one by far so it seems more ikely to me than not that Bama is gonna back door the last spot.

I think Ohio State winning vs Penn State, Michigan and in the B1GCCG back to back to back weeks moves them past LSU.  Each team would then have the same number of top 25 wins and that LSU defense is going to be their Achilles heel.  It's a bad defense.  Half of their opponents have exceeded their offensive averages against LSU.

Edited by VABuckeye

17 hours ago, Zavala said:

Lulz Finnanbum just said the committees integrity is in balance and also said they need to take into consideration Tuas injury.

You can lose your only big game and just blame it on injury, not even play in your conference championship, then coast into the playoffs. Only if you are Alabama.

It's the Alabama invitational.

Well then we need to go back to 2009 and have a National Championship rematch because the injured player actually sat out the game unlike in Tua's case.

6 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

How the hell is Georgia at 4 instead of Bama?

Georgia has beaten Notre Dame, who has Bama beaten? They were lucky not to be blown out in the only game they played against a decent team. 

Even Texas put up a better fight against LSU than Bama. Bama isn't shit this year but its nowhere near a top 5 team. 

57 minutes ago, hornhorn said:

Georgia has beaten Notre Dame, who has Bama beaten? They were lucky not to be blown out in the only game they played against a decent team. 

Even Texas put up a better fight against LSU than Bama. Bama isn't shit this year but its nowhere near a top 5 team. 

So Georgia losing at home to unranked South Carolina is much better than Bama losing at home to the #1 ranked team?

Edited by Horn80

8 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

So Georgia losing at home to unranked South Carolina is much better than Bama losing at home to the #1 ranked team?

So you put more stock into who a team loses to as opposed to win? Georgia when everything is on the line can beat Notre Dame. 

Bama when everything is on the line gets blown out 33-12 at the half AT HOME. We know how good LSU is and whether a 33-12 performance against them at the half is a good performance. It isn't. 

If UGA gets blown out by LSU in the SEC championship game then I'll be with you ranking them both in low single digits to high teens but until then they deserve to be ranked higher than Bama. 

2 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

The I think Ohio State winning vs Penn State, Michigan and in the B1GCCG back to back to back weeks moves them past LSU.  Each team would then have the same number of top 25 wins and that LSU defense is going to be their Achilles heel.  It's a bad defense.  Half of their opponents have exceeded their offensive averages against LSU.

the 8 game conf schedule will lift LSU up along with SECSECSEC.  

37 minutes ago, hornhorn said:

So you put more stock into who a team loses to as opposed to win? Georgia when everything is on the line can beat Notre Dame. 

Bama when everything is on the line gets blown out 33-12 at the half AT HOME. We know how good LSU is and whether a 33-12 performance against them at the half is a good performance. It isn't. 

If UGA gets blown out by LSU in the SEC championship game then I'll be with you ranking them both in low single digits to high teens but until then they deserve to be ranked higher than Bama. 

The final score 46-41 is all that matters not halftime scores.  Good teams do come back from bad first half’s.  

I find it illogical that you think the halftime score of the LSU-Bama game is more negative than Georgia loss to SC at home.  

Also, Georgia beating ND is hardly a quality win because they got blown out by Michigan and were very lucky to pull out a last second win at home against VT.   

The Georgia loss at home to South Carolina 4-6 team is far worse than Bama losing by 5 to #1 ranked LSU.   

Edited by Horn80
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

The final score 46-41 is all that matters not halftime scores.  Good teams do come back from bad first half’s.  

I find it illogical that you think the halftime score of the LSU-Bama game is more negative than Georgia loss to SC at home.  

Also, Georgia beating ND is hardly a quality win because they got blown out by Michigan and were very lucky to pull out a last second win at home against VT.   

The Georgia loss at home to South Carolina 4-6 team is far worse than Bama losing by 5 to #1 ranked LSU.   

Notre Dame is the best team either teams have played and beaten. Aggy is the best team that Bama has played.

South Carolina is definitely the worse loss. I'd rank teams on wins rather than losses, you'd rather point to losses over wins. 

I guess we'll wait until the SEC championship game 

1 hour ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

oh fuck you and your whore mother...we’ve earned our place with our schedule, play and record against said schedule.

Just don't lose to Jawga. They lost to South Carolina. Who lost to App State and Tennishit.

Rematch between LSU and Bammer in the natty is "destiny". At least it won't be a snoozer like those field goal only games.

1 hour ago, notre dame joe said:

the 8 game conf schedule will lift LSU up along with SECSECSEC.  

Best conference. Easiest road to the playoffs. 

Meanwhile the big12, worst confrence reputation, hardest road to the playoffs. 9 games and rematch against the best team in the shittiest CFB stadium on Earth.

1 hour ago, Zavala said:

Meanwhile the big12, worst confrence reputation, hardest road to the playoffs. 9 games and rematch against the best team in the shittiest CFB stadium on Earth.

Clearly, LSU hasn’t proven they’re the #1 team in the country

4 hours ago, Horn80 said:

You should see ESPN today.   Bama “got hosed by the CFP”  “they clearly beat themselves”.   

win of the century if you ask me.  

5 hours ago, DonnyKerabatsos said:

at the end of the day ratings drive the formula.

Disney will prefer Alabama over pretty much anybody else. Right now they are hoping to get a Ohio St vs Bama, LSU vs Clemson semi final. Those will draw the largest ratings.

If Disney was truly concerned about Bama, they put "Song of the South" up on Disney+.

• Haha 1

Lol go back to texags

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Iceman said:

Gophers have a loss?

No, golfers.  The brown furry rodent things.  
its not our fault nobody can read what you typed you fuzzy little foreigner. 

Edited by Lobo

7 hours ago, Zavala said:

Is it though? I mean I guess if you are clearly a top team it is pretty easy. But I don't see how that is really different from the big 12 nor do I think we have the worst conference reputation, we are just sitting there with the ACC and PAC 12.

Agree that Jerry World sucks though.

49 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Is it though? I mean I guess if you are clearly a top team it is pretty easy. But I don't see how that is really different from the big 12 nor do I think we have the worst conference reputation, we are just sitting there with the ACC and PAC 12.

Agree that Jerry World sucks though.

Yeah it's easy for Alabama. Since their "rival" is Tennishit they rotate only one game against other SEC East teams. Notice how they don't play Florida or Georgia ever? Bama only plays Auburn and LSU, the rest of the West sucks.

Well if we are just sitting with ACC and PAC 12 it's a 3 way tie for worst. Need to be getting equivalent respect but it's just not going to happen. Maybe if Iowa State didn't shit the bed against Iowa that would've helped. Also WVU falling of a cliff sucks. 

It's not just Jerry world, it's also rematching the best team. Rematches in CFB are rare, and ya got to do it against the other best team in the conference.

It would be like if Bama had to play LSU twice. Those are the two best teams in the conference. Instead Alabama gets to skip the risk entirely from playing in the SEC ship and they are still going to get in. Just for beating Auburn and playing LSU close enough. The SEC hype train will push them in. 

Anyway I don't know how to fix it, I just wish Texas would go independent and play who ever the fuck we want looks Notre Dame. Play a couple of PAC, ACC, SEC, B1G schools every year plus blowU.

Edit

$

Also I'm kind of wrong they all rotate only one cross division team. It's just easy for Bama compared to say LSU and Florida, who play each other every year because they are rivals. If your cross division rival happens to be another cupcake it's easy.

Edited by Zavala

6 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

Stop with the histrionics. Bama isn’t getting in over a 0 or 1 loss P5 champ. The B12 is respected more than ACC or PAC. PAC has missed 3 straight playoffs. B12 currently has 50% of its teams in the playoff rankings. ACC currently has 7% of its teams in the rankings. Get a grip.

No histrionics, but fuck Bama

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TXSooner518 said:

Stop with the histrionics. Bama isn’t getting in over a 0 or 1 loss P5 champ. The B12 is respected more than ACC or PAC. PAC has missed 3 straight playoffs. B12 currently has 50% of its teams in the playoff rankings. ACC currently has 7% of its teams in the rankings. Get a grip.

Man I hate it when the surly chicken littles make me agree with a sooner.  This message board should be ashamed of itself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1