AP Top 25

TrashMaster G

1 hour ago, po elvis said:

players ranked #9

coaches ranked #42

together #25

Way too generous.  I think our coaches were in the top 125, but just barely.  This was the first time I read that one team told the other team during the game, "hey we know what you're going to run".  

Has anybody ever read that before?  

2 hours ago, ultimaton said:

Imagine being an LSU fan, your team just finished one of the greatest seasons in the sport's 150 year history -- and instead of actually celebrating, you're spending your night trolling on a Texas message board. 

Jesus.

it takes one lonely existence, that's for sure

5 hours ago, ultimaton said:

Imagine being an LSU fan, your team just finished one of the greatest seasons in the sport's 150 year history -- and instead of actually celebrating, you're spending your night trolling on a Texas message board. 

Jesus.

He has to re-tweet to  and entertain his audience.  Gotta get paid.  

3 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Eh.  It was a disappointing season.  But being ranked is better than not being ranked, especially when it's hilariously one spot ahead of the ags.  

And look at the teams receiving votes. We were just the best of the rest. Obviously finishing #25 is not good, but hey how many times have we finished ranked since 2009? Maybe two or three other times?

6 hours ago, ultimaton said:

Jesus.

He probably posted 15 times in the Cloak Room during the NC game.  Sad.

This is also the second year in a row Penn State is stupidly over-ranked. Minnesota finished with the same record (11-2), gave Penn State a sound beating head-to-head, and beat a much better Auburn team in their bowl game despite getting passed over for a Cotton Bowl spot that rightfully should have been theirs. Yet Minnesota ended up behind PSU in the rankings?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Due to my upbringing, LSU is my second favorite cfb team.  Fans like you make me regret it.

You're insufferable, regardless of subject or position on said subject.  In short, you’re a miserable cunt.

Y’all need to lighten up.  This is still just a game at the end of the day and if you can’t laugh at this season, I don’t know what to tell you.   If you think I’m an insufferable cunt for some light hearted poking, the problem isn’t me.  I like Texas football too because y’all are better educated realists and not mouth breathing Aggys.  

• Fuck You 2

46 minutes ago, Sock Monkey said:

Finishing ahead of aggy in the AP poll is great and all, but we're totally missing the point In that we're not even ranked in the SEC polls. Advantage aggy.

They have a much better resume of good losses than we do. Shit, they lost to both teams in the CFP championship. That has to be worth 5-10 points with the voters... if they weren't part of the BOMC, that is. 

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You admitted to trolling. That's pretty much the only thing that is against the rules. Most people aren't actually upset by what you did, it's just that you did a dumb thing. 

A good troll wouldn't even care about the reaction but here you are defending yourself. Pick a lane, dude.

Everyone uses sarcasm and name calling here.  It’s the great thing about message boards.  If that’s trolling and not allowed then what is the fucking point?  If I can’t benignly fuck with y’all a little after hearing so much shit talk and name calling, then that’s just sad. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Everyone uses sarcasm and name calling here.  It’s the great thing about message boards.  If that’s trolling and not allowed then what is the fucking point?  If I can’t benignly fuck with y’all a little after hearing so much shit talk and name calling, then that’s just sad. 

Well, I guess the only question is why are you here? Shouldn’t you be enjoying the season with your own?

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Y’all need to lighten up.  This is still just a game at the end of the day and if you can’t laugh at this season, I don’t know what to tell you.   If you think I’m an insufferable cunt for some light hearted poking, the problem isn’t me.  I like Texas football too because y’all are better educated realists and not mouth breathing Aggys.  

So that's what LSU fans are looking for: discourse amongst intellectuals.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

You said you were trolling, man. I'm not worried about your personal definition of the word, you said that you were both celebrating and trolling. You asked a question and I answered it. If you don't like the answer I don't know what to tell you.

I have no problem with direct shit talking, but that's a different animal. I also didn't go to an institution where I have to go to other schools' boards to find reasonable discussion, though, so it's true I'll never understand exactly where you're coming from. If I want to talk shit about Oklahoma, I do it here on a Texas board. If I were to do it on an Oklahoma board I wouldn't be dumb enough to act shocked when posters there called me out on it.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Where? 

7 hours ago, ultimaton said:

Jesus.

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It is possible to do both. 

Everyone knows what you meant. Trying to backpedal with "I said it's possible but I definitely wasn't doing that!" would just be embarrassing at this point. Don't do that.

i remember standing in the rose bowl at the end of the national championship game really enjoying that victory for texas, celebrating with friends and fellow texas fans the team prevailing one of the greatest games ever played.

if i had spent it trolling another team's board where i had over 26,592 posts in fewer than two years (at a 40 post per day clip for almost two years), i would not be happy with how i chose to live my life.

ce2.png

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Everyone knows what you meant. Trying to backpedal with "I said it's possible but I definitely wasn't doing that!" would just be embarrassing at this point. Don't do that.

I’m not going to backpedal, I was trolling but it still doesn’t change the inaccuracy of your statement that I admitted it before. 

I’ve unintentionally derailed this thread enough.  If y’all want to ban me over posting “congratulations Texas” because it had a troll element to it then go ahead but it’s weak AF.  Peace out board police. 

• Fuck You 7

One of this site's great mysteries to me is how this LSU dipshit has some of the most rep of any poster. Every time I see him posting, it's useless, uninteresting, unfunny dipshittery. I can't for the life of me understand where he's putting something up in which people are then compelled to say "oh, yeah, that's good! upvote upvote upvote to you, good sir!" It's got to be a result of some bizarre circle jerking among bleeding hearts or diehard angry conservatives, whichever way he swings, in the Cloak Room or he's got a sock army. Or both. Clearly he has the time.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Because our resume is better than the teams receiving votes. A&M finished 26th (most receiving votes). 
Wins against teams with winning records- Texas (4) A&M (1)
Wins against top 25 AP teams- Texas (1) A&M (0)
Sagarin SOS- Texas (6th) A&M (18th)
Warren Nolan ELO SOS- Texas (6th) A&M (30th)
Warren Nolan OWP SOS- Texas (11th) A&M (28th)

Advantage: A&M