XFL: The sequel

MillerEP

3 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Over under is set at 1.5 years until fold 

I’ll take the over. I think McMahon has thought about this long enough-and, more importantly, has put enough money up-to give this a real go.

Thats not saying I think it will be a huge success or be around forever, but I don’t think he’ll fold up that quickly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Guardians, defenders, dragons, battlehawks, vipers...

Only legit name up there is probably wild cats and roughnecks...renegades is passable

They should've let the public vote, instead of pulling random pronouns out of a hat.

Really? You like wildcats?  There are only about a dozen of them at the college level already. At least battle hawks is steering into the skid.

13 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Still haven’t seen an answer anywhere... will this league have the same rules as the failed XFL or is it supposed to more closely resemble actual football?

Most of the WWF aspects of v1.0 have been removed. There are changes, like no extra point kicks. Extra point try from the 2 for 1pt, 5 for 2pts and 10 for 3pts. You can have a 9 pt TD.

https://xflboard.com/rules.php

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 'stache said:

When I hear the phrase "Deep in the Heart of Texas" I don't really think of Dallas. But go ahead million dollar marketing genius.

That instantly struck me as well, but I guess they felt the cliche was stronger than geography.

• 1 month later...

Compensation not so good....

Players will be paid base salaries of $2,080 every two weeks, according to information distributed this month to agents and confirmed by a source. There will be a $1,685 bonus for being on the active roster for a game, and a $2,222 bonus for every team win. So a player who is active for all 10 games and is on a team that goes 5-5 in the XFL's schedule would earn $55,000 for the year.

Quarterbacks are expected to earn higher salaries, but their exact financial terms are unknown.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27849868/cardale-jones-landry-jones-8-qbs-assigned-xfl-teams

Cardale Jones, Landry Jones among 8 QBs assigned to XFL teams

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Compensation not so good....

Players will be paid base salaries of $2,080 every two weeks, according to information distributed this month to agents and confirmed by a source. There will be a $1,685 bonus for being on the active roster for a game, and a $2,222 bonus for every team win. So a player who is active for all 10 games and is on a team that goes 5-5 in the XFL's schedule would earn $55,000 for the year.

Quarterbacks are expected to earn higher salaries, but their exact financial terms are unknown.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27849868/cardale-jones-landry-jones-8-qbs-assigned-xfl-teams

Cardale Jones, Landry Jones among 8 QBs assigned to XFL teams

More incentive for the SEC players to stay in school.

• Like 1

Disappointed Jonathan Football wasn’t drafted by the Houston or any XFL franchise.  Would’ve been comedy gold observing aggy hype and eventual disillusionment.

Wasn't it already stated they won't take felons?

Edit - maybe he wasn't actually convicted? I don't remember...

Don’t believe he was convicted of a felony, just really bad judgment (and maybe a misdemeanor or two).  Don’t know that the XFL made a proclamation about his eligibility or not; I think the Dallas franchise publicly passed on him.