XFL: The sequel

MillerEP

We paid $4/ ticket for a Seattle Sea Dragons XFL game. About twice as many people there as I expected, including an alarming number who were taking it really seriously. At least 100 people dressed in dragon costumes.

343037613_149500061414081_24229724022725

342887723_187430597446701_79023650398139

342827983_1297072334224142_4206081833982

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Got invited to the last two SA games and had a good time.  They had a real chance yesterday against the Huskers, I mean Defenders but couldn't hit the 53 yard field goal to keep the playoff hopes alive.  Players are really accessible. One came up into the stands and hung around to take pics with the fans.  Most came by to thank the fans as they went to the locker room. As usual, SA supports well.  Not as crowded or loud as UTSA games, but the dome is still a good home venue.  I hope it lasts.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Admittedly I haven't followed this league for shit. But the ESPN homepage showed that the championship game was on and entering the 4th qtr, so I turned it on and immediately saw old bag of dicks celebrating an interception. I had completely forgotten he was the head coach.  Turned it off. Fuck that shit

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:
12 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:
Happy for my college classmate and friend Luis Perez, but mad that it also means Bob Stoops won…..

No shit? I would guess he will get some NFL interest.

He was on a few NFL practice squads and they released him. Proving all of them wrong! The Vegas Vipers have gotta be kicking themselves for trading him away. 

On 4/23/2023 at 10:20 PM, Blotto said:

I honestly have zero idea which league is which (XFL vs USFL) or which teams belong in which league. I'm sure I could look that shit up on ESPN or some shit, but I'll just forget it by tomorrow. 

If you stopped on a game and there were some people in the stands, it was XFL, if not it was USFL.  

• Haha 1